Author Topic: Roll: Headless Horsemann  (Read 12600 times)

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: Beta Roll: Headlass Horsemann
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 12:29:41 am »
The 60% damage reduction is insanely powerful. Especially on heavies.

I think it would be good if the reduction percentage correlated with the player's health; max or current (either way).

I saw a scout with it survive 3 critical stickies I laid down and detonated.  Ridiculous.

gah

• Muffins!
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 12:51:11 am »
I probably had armor. :P

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 01:05:00 am »
I probably had armor. :P

The damage popped up like normal when I detonated.

CharlesMan

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 01:21:59 am »
This roll REALLY needs to be class-specific, I know a lot of rolls break away from TF2's design, but having something that could be ANY class (With 60% damage resistance!) absolutely ruins it.

gah

• Muffins!
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 01:51:40 am »
I probably had buffed health? Also, both the invisibilities, crouch and low health, are just as game-breaking as this roll is.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:53:38 am by gah »

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 02:27:34 am »
I probably had buffed health? Also, both the invisibilities, crouch and low health, are just as game-breaking as this roll is.

God no. It's way easier to kill someone shooting at you that you can't see, because you can get a vague idea of where he's coming from and blow him away. With this, you can't blow him away because he'll rape you with his huge damage reduction. You have to crouch to be crouch invis, making it incredibly easy for someone to kill you once he has even a rough idea of where you are. Low health invis means it'll take less shots to kill you when you're invisible; I've been one-shotted by soldiers so many times using it. The constant regeneration also makes your invisibility rather unreliable, especially because an unlucky present or an accidental run-in with a health pack might leave you out in the open in the midst of the enemy base. Now, both of these rolls are quite good, but they each have their downsides.

HH, however, has no downside. It's incredibly powerful, effectively more than doubling the health of your class. Heavies with 630 non-overhealed health that unlike armor, you can heal up with health packs, medics, dispensers, and any healing just as well. Imagine this with a medic. 945 health. Think about that. And none of that even considers the scare taunt.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

gah

• Muffins!
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 02:50:21 am »
The scare taunt is the worst part of it, since it leaves you open to anything that didn't get scared. Snipers, Spies, sticky Demomen, an Uber or anyone with the right roll at the right time can easily take out a HHH Heavy. I should know, because I died plenty of times. The point of my bringing up the invis rolls is that there's no way to counter what you can't see (at first, once they know you're there the situation changes). HHH is very good, yes, but its supposed to be that way for a 60 CREDIT ROLL. Hell, Hulk is 15 credits less and some Heavy running around at Scout speed with Berserker KGBs is just as OP as HHH, maybe more so.

Now Scout Jumps, that shit is OP.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:58:12 am by gah »

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 05:49:50 am »
Heavy running around at Scout speed with Berserker KGBs is just as OP as HHH, maybe more so.

I agree, for 60 Credits I think HHH will be fine but I would like to mess around with the damage percent reduction.

For a day or so Horsemann is going to take 40% less damage.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:11:15 am by Fox »

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 10:17:25 am »
If we make it class specific, I vote to make it demoman only.  It fits IMO.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 10:21:10 am »
It does actually fit the Demoman quite well. They probably planned that, with the HHHH axe for the Demo and all.
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 10:27:22 am »
It does actually fit the Demoman quite well. They probably planned that, with the HHHH axe for the Demo and all.

Yeah and it can be tweaked to add more melee damage to whoever has it at the cost of having reduced primary and secondary weapon damage.  It would encourage more meleeing.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 12:51:07 pm »

Yeah and it can be tweaked to add more melee damage to whoever has it at the cost of having reduced primary and secondary weapon damage.  It would encourage more meleeing.

Yeah, sacrifice your long range for better melee damage.
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

gah

• Muffins!
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 02:16:07 pm »
I'd much rather have HHH remain a non-class specific roll simply because it's way more fun to see yourself as the HHH doing all these ridiculous taunts and scaring people. And, as I just brought up, the Hulk is already the go-to roll for meleeing and he does it better than the HHH could ever do; there's no reason to force the HHH to be melee-centric as well.

CarlZalph

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 05:17:29 pm »
Fun fact!

The Headless Hatman's model was ripped from the Demoman.
All of the Demoman's taunts are still on it, and the bones match.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 07:45:19 pm »
I'd rather have it all class so i can be Heavy Horsemann.