Author Topic: Roll: Headless Horsemann  (Read 15213 times)

TehMan

Re: Roll: Headless Horsemann
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2012, 12:02:15 am »
*ahem*

Abridge smd.  "I can't I'm too far away"  That's your reason???

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2012, 12:54:11 am »
Why are you necroing threads?

TehMan

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2012, 08:30:57 am »
because this roll was slated to be done in April/March?

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2012, 09:12:14 am »
By you?  Why haven't you fixed it yet.

TehMan

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2012, 05:11:23 pm »
You're implying that I have no idea how to code and this is correct.  I was simply trying to bump this thread in the effort for someone to notice and explain what the progress on the reworking of this.  I wasn't asking for a very sarcastic rebuttal with the bump,  I'm sorry if you thought that was what I had intended to receive.

Now I know why this community is dying.

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2012, 06:47:55 pm »
put a collar on your thesaurus rex

remember that fox took off for a while to expand his horizons and junk, which probably means getting a big cushy job in his Industry

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2012, 07:25:12 pm »
No one is getting paid to code this stuff, its all volunteer work.  Don't forget people who can code also have lives and work that they have to do as well as other priorities.

Maybe you should have reworded your first post necroing the thread as this:

Hey was just curious about this roll since I really enjoyed the horseman.  I know it was stated to be completed back in March or so but has anyone been working on it or can someone look into it?  Thanks!

TehMan

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2012, 10:33:13 pm »
Are you sure they don't get paid?  Didn't know that.  I assumed a bump by definition is used to bring attention to something, I'm sorry if you didn't know that.  Now can you please stop derailing the thread and chastising me?  Maximo stated a reason without all the commotion and barely disguised venom in his words, thanks Maximo! 

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2012, 09:22:32 am »
You're implying that I have no idea how to code and this is correct.  I was simply trying to bump this thread in the effort for someone to notice and explain what the progress on the reworking of this.  I wasn't asking for a very sarcastic rebuttal with the bump,  I'm sorry if you thought that was what I had intended to receive.

Now I know why this community is dying.

No offense, but you baited the response with the way you approached the issue. All you said was *ahem*, which could have meant a variety of different things in the way the response was worded. You weren't asking for a sarcastic rebuttal, but you didn't exactly help with just posting the equivalent of a bump. You can't be justified in being angry at his response when that's what he read into it. Your assuming that people would see your post, put 2 and 2 together, and that would be that.

Any simple search through the forums would have told you that we don't get paid for this work. There's an ENTIRE forum on how to code RTD, and the project is in open source, meaning anyone can contribute to it. In addition, taking a shot at Spycheck in your response doesn't help things, especially when you bring up the community dying.

The coders are going to look at what they want when they want. This is their free time, and they take time out of their busy lives to help people enjoy the mod and the game of TF2. And people get angry that things aren't implemented, which is sorta funny when you think about it.

For my personal tasks, there are higher priorities then this roll change for just plain balance purposes, so this probably won't be looked at for a bit.