Author Topic: Accused of Aimbotting?  (Read 5601 times)

Maximo

• Game Admins
Accused of Aimbotting?
« on: May 26, 2011, 03:23:07 am »
Okay, so hopefully a lot of you know me by now, and if not I need to develop a more bombastic personality. I think i'm supposed to put my steamID up here, though, so it's here.

# 420 "Maximo" STEAM_0:0:25268534 12:12 92 0 active
N

Today (or yesterday, if you prefer) I was perma-banned from my beloved RTD server by an admin named CarlZalph. He says that I was using something called Enhanced Aim, which i take is an aimbot. The problem is, I did not use an aimbot, and have never cheated on the server. Or any server. I know this is the truth, so i'm asking the admins to please lift my ban so I can have fun with everyone again.

Carl told me that my behavior throughout the 2v2 Gold Rush game we were playing led him to believe I was aimbotting, but he wouldn't explain exactly what. The only thing I know specifically is the event that made him ban me, so I can describe that. I was playing as battle-engineer, gunslinger and wrangler and all that, and was passing the first control point in the part of the map with the small tunnel for the cart that's shaped like a tetris L-block. I had been Doomed, and was on the last few seconds of the timer and was running down the tunnel. I knew the enemy team was a demoman and a spy, and i had just made the demoman kill himself - he was Doomed, and then his grenade hit me point blank and he died while Dooming me - and I hadn't seen the spy for a while. I was running down the tunnel, and thought, "Man, i don't want to die," and thought, when you know there's a good spy on the enemy team, and you haven't seen him for a while, where is he? Usually behind you. And I was an engineer, juicy target, even if I was doomed.
So in the last couple of seconds of the roll, I spun around and fired off a wild shot out the end of the tunnel. Incredibly, one of the pellets struck a spy standing on the raised railway bridge lining the first area of the map, and he became doomed and then for some reason exploded instantaneously.

Before I could finish whooping up this awesome moment, the message "i've seen enough" came up from Carl and then I was banned.

I'm sorry that I have to rely on words to describe what happened, but when I was kicked from the server, TF2 crashed and I couldn't save the replay.

I know this means that all you have to go on is my word, but i'm asking you to please trust me from what you've seen of me on this crazy awesome server. I would never cheat, here or anywhere, and I would really love to go back to playing with all of you.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: Accused of Aimbotting?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:45:44 am »
I'm not accusing you or defending you just yet; just probing for a bit more information.

So how many people were on both teams?  2 vs 2?  Were you any other class besides engineer?  How long were you playing with everyone for?

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 09:03:17 am »
Replays on the server are disabled, not having evidence right now is expected and understandable. Especially since source recording is broken atm.
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:42:30 am »
I'm not accusing you or defending you just yet; just probing for a bit more information.

So how many people were on both teams?  2 vs 2?  Were you any other class besides engineer?  How long were you playing with everyone for?

It started out as 2v2, where my teammate was AFK, and before he finally left it became 2v3 for a moment, or 1v3 in practice, and I got one of them to switch over to my team to make it even, after which the AFK person left and it was 2v2 until everything happened. I started off as defense, so i think i played scout.. i don't normally keep track of my classes, I just pick whatever, but I know that I switched to heavy for a while when it became defense, and I was really good at holding them back, and then eventually they became good at killing me, as the battle flows, and I switched to normal-sentry-wrangling engineer, and then back down to Gunslinger-engineer. I think I was playing for about an hour, maybe forty five minutes.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 07:25:04 pm »
I reviewed the demo, and it doesn't look like an aimbot to me. I played the video back about half a dozen times at 5% of the normal speed, and Maximo turns around, clicks the mouse halfway to the Spy (the gun action started), heads the pointer to the Spy, stops going that direction to go up a tad (stops moving the gun to the right almost completely for a brief moment), hovers over the Spy, and the gun finally shoots. Keep in mind, all this can happen in between the clicking of the button, and gun action, and the gun firing. I did play it at 5%. I know I'd shoot around desperatly with a bullet-based weapon at the last couple seconds of doom.

FruitSnacks

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 08:40:37 pm »
how about sending us this demo instead of posting a fuck dumb text version of it.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 10:42:26 pm »
It's in the admin sub board. Can someone grab it outta there?

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 02:29:55 am »
Is there anything else I can add or do that would help?

Mayor McCheese

• "Its a Birthdefect!"
    • mah facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 04:53:18 pm »
carlzaph, still has admin? last time i saw him he was spawning zombies in the opposing teams spawn... ive never seen or heard of anyone having any issues with maximo, i think this is a case of someone with admin got upset over something and decided that using admin power was a solution
RTD Gamings Self-Proclaimed Theory Crafter,
And Professional Russian

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »
Here's the link to the demo file that John posted in the admin section.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20368512/maximo.dem

Instructions for people unfamiliar with demo files:
1. Download file
2. Put the file in your "tf" folder of TF2
3. Start TF2 and enable console (~ to open and close)
4. In console, type demoui (or hit F2)
5. In console, type playdemo insertfilenamehere (the filename should be "maximo", unless you changed it)
6. Hit the pause button on the demoui window
7. Type 25000 in the box next to "Go to" and go to that part of the demo
8. Once loaded, slide the bar in the top right hand corner of the demoui window left to 10% or so. The lower the percentage, the slower the video playback is.
9. Press resume, and watch
10. If you wish to rewatch, start again from instruction #6

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 08:41:05 pm »
I think its just plain dumb luck that he was able to do that.  Someone using aimbot wouldn't do it in a game with 4 people, they'd do it in a game with lots of people so its easier to hide it.  When you constantly aimbot kill the same person; they get suspicious.  When its 24 or more people, its easier to disguise since you're not always killing the same person over and over again.

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 12:40:37 am »
I think we have a majority here (with myself agreeing that it would be dumb luck/ he would be stupid to argue it if he actually did aimbot).

Can someone unban him if it hasn't been done already?

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 12:49:51 am »
Momma didn't raise no fool, ser.  :D

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 12:56:41 am »
I told Maximo I'd unban him tomorrow. That way everyone had 3 days to plead their case before something was officially done.

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 01:26:11 am »
I'll wait until tomorrow to put this on my playlist, then.
PW:AA OST: 25 - Won the Lawsuit! ~ The First Success