Author Topic: Accused of Aimbotting?  (Read 5603 times)

RTD {A} Cthulhu

• lol i'm one of the old ones I do what I want
Re: Accused of Aimbotting?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 01:37:39 am »
I'll wait until tomorrow to put this on my playlist, then. PW:AA OST: 25 - Won the Lawsuit! ~ The First Success

I bestow upon you sir, 1 internet for being entirely comprised of win.

This is a tribute to the greatest joke in the world

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 01:45:25 am »
I'll wait until tomorrow to put this on my playlist, then. PW:AA OST: 25 - Won the Lawsuit! ~ The First Success

I bestow upon you sir, 1 internet for being entirely comprised of win.

Everyone needs music now! I definitely know what should be assigned to good old Jarrett for helping me out so much. :D

PW:AA OST: 16 - Dick Gumshoe

okayokay no more phoenix wright OST stuff, no matter how awesome it is

CarlZalph

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 05:23:35 pm »
carlzaph, still has admin? last time i saw him he was spawning zombies in the opposing teams spawn... ive never seen or heard of anyone having any issues with maximo, i think this is a case of someone with admin got upset over something and decided that using admin power was a solution
CarlZalph has admin.

Take note of the 'l' in the name.
It does exist.

As for the zombie spawning, never happened.
If you want to attack my actions, then make sure they actually happened.
It is also to my knowledge that Fox removed any and all admin powers not straight for admin usage a while back.
The debugging tools are left for the server to enable in a controlled, offline environment.

Upset over a player?
No, not at all.

Cheaters are banned.
Maximo was cheating.
Thus, ban.

You notice the frame where it suddenly stops, then moves towards the spy?
That's where the server to client isn't instantaneously sent.
I only get to see clients on an upward of 30 times a second, tops.
Blame real life networking, in the real world.

For those who reviewed the replay, did you take the time to actually see where the reticle stops on after the packet of the new vision update came?
It is right on the Spy's vertical line of his origin.

Maximo stays banned in my eyes.

RTD {A} Cthulhu

• lol i'm one of the old ones I do what I want
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 10:16:35 pm »
If he actually was aimboting why would he come to the forums to ask for unban rather then moving on to a new server? Also why would he aimbot when there is only two people on each team, lag does sometimes happen.  ::)

This is a tribute to the greatest joke in the world

CarlZalph

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 08:11:58 am »
Why do people cheat?
Good question.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 01:31:11 pm »
Why do people cheat?
Good question.

I may be out of place here, but was this one incident, or repeated? I mean, Maximo's explained his side of the story, and I don't think he ever got clarification on what exactly was the problem, reading his post. You explained you thought he was aimbotting, but it sounds like he was banned right after the incident in question, which I'm confused on how you'd know that right away? The fact is that Maximo seems to really question what led to it, and not getting horribly angry over it, makes me lean toward him truly confused on what's going on.

Trying to understand what's going on, Maximo seems like a pretty cool guy to play with.

Tri

• You won't belive this but...
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 12:44:00 pm »
So Carl you are saying that Maximo has a sophisticated program on his computer that can bypass the VAC system, when he doesn't know how to import a spray...interesting
Plus I have done what Maximo has done, when there is a spy on the other team and hes always cloaked I shoot randomly and check my back how is this any different? I'm sure we all have done this.
Carl just take that it was complete luck, also lag compensation works miracles in this game. Plus aimbotters have their screens all shaky and twitchy or just spinning, aimbotting doesn't cause lower frame rate because the program just uses lag compensation to direct the cursor to the head or what not and VAC protects against that.
Plus what kind of aimbotter plays engineer? So if Maximo wasn't spinning, twitching or shaking he was not cheating.
Good spys brings paranoia to a team remember that.

John2k4

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • Ready to Roll...
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 04:05:13 pm »
Actually VAC is a smart cheat system (in terms of handling bans), and puts a random delay on issuing the ban (up to a month sometimes), so that people don't know exactly when it caught them.

CarlZalph

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 11:38:58 pm »
So Carl you are saying that Maximo has a sophisticated program on his computer that can bypass the VAC system, when he doesn't know how to import a spray...interesting
Plus I have done what Maximo has done, when there is a spy on the other team and hes always cloaked I shoot randomly and check my back how is this any different? I'm sure we all have done this.
Carl just take that it was complete luck, also lag compensation works miracles in this game. Plus aimbotters have their screens all shaky and twitchy or just spinning, aimbotting doesn't cause lower frame rate because the program just uses lag compensation to direct the cursor to the head or what not and VAC protects against that.
Plus what kind of aimbotter plays engineer? So if Maximo wasn't spinning, twitching or shaking he was not cheating.
Good spys brings paranoia to a team remember that.
It's pretty obvious you're lacking in this field.

Please do not talk about it when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Actually VAC is a smart cheat system (in terms of handling bans), and puts a random delay on issuing the ban (up to a month sometimes), so that people don't know exactly when it caught them.
The delayed ban system helps stops 'undetected' cheats, and bans in waves yes.

I wouldn't call it smart, though.