Author Topic: sexist hate by admin on server  (Read 3392 times)

manimal

• RTD Noob
sexist hate by admin on server
« on: July 22, 2011, 11:49:42 pm »
I was playing with my wife at approximately 945pm (cst) on a dustbowl map on 07/22/12. My wife was muted within about 15 seconds. The "admin" reportedly stated that it was because she was a cunt.

I stated that was pretty sexist and was then  was told "to get used to it".  Unfortunately that is not the end of it for me. I live in oklahoma and Oklahoma has pretty strict state laws about this kind of abuse  see Oklahoma penal code section 21.  An admin needs to PM me while I am considering whether report this to my local authorities  that could result in or involve   removal or search of RTD gaming servers.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
Re: sexist hate by admin on server
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 12:03:29 am »
My wife was muted within about 15 seconds. The "admin" reportedly stated that it was because she was a cunt.

That seems like an odd reason for a mute O_o Whoever it was probably should have just muted her in game instead of from the server if it was only a few seconds. I'm not sure enough players could complain about someones voice to make a server mute reasonable in said amount of time.

I stated that was pretty sexist and was then  was told "to get used to it". 

....well that was sort of rude....I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'... (will elaborate if anyone has no clue what I'm getting at)

I live in oklahoma and Oklahoma has pretty strict state laws about this kind of abuse see Oklahoma penal code section 21.  An admin needs to PM me while I am considering whether report this to my local authorities  that could result in or involve removal or search of RTD gaming servers.
No offense (I realize you're pretty pissed off about this), but you can find way worse things said about people on the internet. I don't live in Oklahoma, so I don't know their laws word for word, but I honestly doubt any legal action could be taken over a server hosted in another state because of 1 game admin (not even the owner) using innapropriate language to insult someone. Now, I'm not saying that this should be ignored, because this could end up happening several times to other people over time (it's physically possible, I'm not stating I except this), and many people could get upset. I'm sure something can and will be done, but I personally can no longer speak very much on the subject. I, for one, was not in said game, and my opinion is based on what people tell me (which so far, is only you). I'll let someone respond now, maybe Fox, or someone who saw this happen, or maybe said admin themselves.

Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

FruitSnacks

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 12:06:21 am »
Because calling someone an annoying cunt is sexist.

I do not care if she is your wife or not.

She does not need to mic spam her annoying ass voice every second she is on.

This was the same reason why I muted her the time before this.

Her mic was mostly static so I kindly told her to fix it and I will unmute in 5 minutes.

Please, I dont care if you are feminist. Don't push your stupid opinion onto me.

also,

LOL U SO FUNNY GUY.

edit:

also 15 seconds?
I beg to differ.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:13:21 am by FruitSnacks »

Rhia

• Game Admins
    • Mermaid Illustration
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 12:33:11 am »
I was there and remember the whole event early.
Your wife good sir gave much lip, especially about her over loud mic which she refused to correct.
Having your microphone muted to give you the chance to correct the volume, or user settings volume is not uncommon.
If there was an issue of with "mic being abused" micspam/screaming etc it is also not unheard of for someone to get muted.
None of that dear sir is sexist, and any words that may have been said aren't cause for "legal action"

Edit:
So trollsy. Don't do "REFER TO PENAL CODE 21 LOLOL" and don't back it up with what you are actually referring to exactly in it. I'm looking at the document and I've seen punishable stuff that was for "abusive" language but it only refers to being I'm court or being in a concert. And for the fact that if you want to play that micspamming a terrible mic and loudly is considered to be "innapropiate behavioir in a misconducting way" which follows exactly the verbal abuse.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:54:58 am by Rhia »

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 12:54:40 am »
07/22/12

wat.

Anyway, while I do understand you can get angry about this, if you are threatening bringing law into this, this is going to be addressed in a serious manner.

Code is here

While I was only able to look at the 2006 version (2010 is linked) of this code due to crappy internet, after a wide variety of searches, I was unable to find anything closely related to your claims of law actions.

Now, let's address this from a sensical view.

1. Admins are the heads.  

If an admin tells you to fix your mic or not use it, there's no question about it. To save the pain of having painful noises blaring in peoples' ears, it is a choice that makes sense for the good of everyone. Krispy can vouch for this.

2. People use harsh language. Get use to it.

Cunt. Ass. etc. Especially in the heat of game, stuff gets said. Cunt is not sexist. It's a common harsh word.

3. Some people are more prone than others to say such things.

As someone knowing Fruitsnacks, he can be very harsh on the edges. So, if someone is not listening to him, he can get angry. Deal with it. He has the right for reason #1, and could be avoided in the first place if she followed what an admin was saying.

So what it comes down to is a admin sticking to normal harsh language in dealing with someone who was not listening to an admin.

Unless you reveal something new with this, or even point of this OK law that is able to have juristiction through the internet, I'm not seeing this go anywhere.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:59:45 am by mariomario42 »

Rhia

• Game Admins
    • Mermaid Illustration
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 01:04:48 am »
Other thoughts:
You are going to get sexist remarks anywhere and everywhere. It's part of being a female, insults are thrown at people every day. I'm sure if I called your wife a cunt you'd be quiet about this wouldn't you.

Edit: I remember you two, we've had issues with you and your wife before with excessive spam and loudness with requests for mics to be turned down and screaming
To stop which it never was. And calling someone a cunt is comparable to this as verbal abuse
 Jul 18, 2011 4:01:51 pm   get your tampon out of your month megafatboy I can hear you   RTDGaming.com [Roll the Dice Mod]
Recognize this? It's one of your messages.
Mario was able to say what I was trying to say. If it was a personal issue of fruitsnacks versus your wife he would of personally muted her on his side not a server wide thing.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:16:23 am by Rhia »

Tenebrae

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 01:55:15 am »
Been talking with the admin in question personally on the matter, amongst other topics of discussion.

Mariomario's three points kinda sum up what I was gonna say, but I feel the most important thing is that over the internet, your state laws and local authorities mean shit to someone in a different state or country. There is this thing called jurisdiction. If it is legal in Somalia to marry and fuck a six year old, but not in Nigeria, then Nigeria can't go over an arrest the Somalians.
Now obviously, countries and states don't work the same, but the point still stands. Not to mention, muting someone online is hardly a crime, even by your "strict" laws in Oklahoma. But the biggest thing that makes your butthurt threat fall flat is the lack of jurisdiction your state and police have.
And by the way, if you want us to look at some law, can you at least be a bit more specific? The thing Mariomario linked to, assuming it is the correct document, ALL SAYS S-21 and it is EIGHT-AND-A-FUCKING-HALF-HUNDRED PAGES LONG.

In short:

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
    • Cotonti CMS - Fast, Clean, Secure
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 02:33:12 am »
So Here in TN, I can't go Whaling. So if we add a model of a whale in the server and I kill it am I going to go to jail?

Calling someone a cunt once is far from sexist. Or well if it isn't we are all sexist, cause I know half these fools are all bastards! :)

Czech

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 12:48:33 pm »
Just have to add this...sorry sorry  :'(

LOL

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 06:30:12 am »
Good grief! Good thing I chose to ignore you guys when this happened. Has this player been banned for wasting everyone's time?

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 06:47:29 pm »
Good grief! Good thing I chose to ignore you guys when this happened. Has this player been banned for wasting everyone's time?

I think that would be a massive overreaction.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
    • Cotonti CMS - Fast, Clean, Secure
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 07:09:04 pm »
Bad fox unlocking and bumping old threads :)