Author Topic: Trinkets  (Read 25433 times)

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
Re: Trinkets
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 01:57:11 pm »
I'm ok with the team (blu) specific as long as it gets put on the right maps. Ex: Fastlane, Hightower, all 5CP maps, and all KOTH maps are symmetrical, so anyone winning more is just from which players joined which team. I just hope a bunch of regulars get this specific trinket early on and stacks teams to be able to use it.

It doesn't really matter because this server hates good maps with a burning passion.

Of course ctf is also symmetrical but screwing up ctf is like crapping on a pile of shit.                                 

i come to every thread just to whine about the map
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Abridge

• Roll Stacker #1 AKA The Pumpkin Man
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 02:32:47 am »
Today on the server Maximo was suggesting achievements to give credits, so you can afford trinkets. So I thought why not just make MVP also give creds, top five (on the server/ for the round) get credits, 1st=50creds, 2nd=40creds, etc.

Fox said that 100 credits will extend a trinket's use for 7 days, real time. Since I'm going to start school, I'll only be able to play Friday and Saturday, so that means every week when I play, I'm going to have to dish out 100 credits to use a trinket, I think the MVP credits will allow me to keep earning credits and spend them, so that I don't have to start selling my spare weapons for credits (which now I'm paranoid to do because I got cheated today)

Also agree with Mario, we should call them charms, so we can begin making jokes about having luck charms

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 02:47:10 am »
Today on the server Maximo was suggesting achievements to give credits, so you can afford trinkets. So I thought why not just make MVP also give creds, top five (on the server/ for the round) get credits, 1st=50creds, 2nd=40creds, etc.

Fox said that 100 credits will extend a trinket's use for 7 days, real time. Since I'm going to start school, I'll only be able to play Friday and Saturday, so that means every week when I play, I'm going to have to dish out 100 credits to use a trinket, I think the MVP credits will allow me to keep earning credits and spend them, so that I don't have to start selling my spare weapons for credits (which now I'm paranoid to do because I got cheated today)

Also agree with Mario, we should call them charms, so we can begin making jokes about having luck charms

I think having an option of substituting MVP dice for creds with 1 die equaling 10 creds might be good.

I would of course immediately make the switch to creds and never go back; I have all the good diceperks and I also get most of my dice from deposits anyway.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

Abridge

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 03:30:07 am »
1 die = 50 creds as it is, so 10creds for 1 die seems a little low to me, however I like your suggestion to have an option to receive credits instead of dice for MVP.

Mayor McCheese

• "Its a Birthdefect!"
    • mah facebook
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 11:15:18 pm »
Maybe the damage bonus trinkets can only be active if the team is attacking (BLU team). Why? RTD tends to favor the defensive team, compare RTD (http://rtd.gameme.com/maps/tf) versus vanilla TF2 (http://sourceop.gameme.com/maps/tf). In RTD Dustbowl, blue wins 42% of the time while in vanilla they win 56% of the time. Damage modifying trinkets will not apply to red team. Of course this would only pertain to Payload or Capture Point maps as the rest seem to be inline with vanilla win ratios.

I APPROVE OF THIS!.... its not so much that the maps favor red defending... its the instant respawn that causes the majority of that. but to put a respawn timer on a rtd server wouldnt be right either
RTD Gamings Self-Proclaimed Theory Crafter,
And Professional Russian

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 11:34:42 pm »
Maybe the damage bonus trinkets can only be active if the team is attacking (BLU team). Why? RTD tends to favor the defensive team, compare RTD (http://rtd.gameme.com/maps/tf) versus vanilla TF2 (http://sourceop.gameme.com/maps/tf). In RTD Dustbowl, blue wins 42% of the time while in vanilla they win 56% of the time. Damage modifying trinkets will not apply to red team. Of course this would only pertain to Payload or Capture Point maps as the rest seem to be inline with vanilla win ratios.

I APPROVE OF THIS!.... its not so much that the maps favor red defending... its the instant respawn that causes the majority of that. but to put a respawn timer on a rtd server wouldnt be right either

Especially steel. Instant respawn kills an otherwise amazing map.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2011, 02:49:05 pm »
First post contains latest changes

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2011, 05:19:16 pm »
Added a wiki entry: http://wiki.rtdgaming.com/wiki/Trinket

but I need help coming up with ideas for trinkets. Fun and silly ideas preferred.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2011, 05:36:04 pm »
Added a wiki entry: http://wiki.rtdgaming.com/wiki/Trinket

but I need help coming up with ideas for trinkets. Fun and silly ideas preferred.

When you taunt, you have a <insert percentage here> chance to make enemies do the Shadenfreude taunt (so they can't do anything) within <insert unit of measurement here>.

Good for taunt killing sprees, or when there are enemies near by behind a wall (so you're protected). It's the shadenfreude taunt because your enemy is laughing at you for making taunting > warfare. All in all, good times :D
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2011, 06:08:21 pm »
Taunting makes you invulnerable, but you explode for x amount of radius around you.

Abridge

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2011, 06:38:19 pm »
Trinket idea: alarm

If a spy backstabs you, a beacon is placed on him, the duration of the beacon depends on the level of trinket, longest duration: 30 seconds
Shortest: 5 seconds

Feel free to modify it or call it OP

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2011, 07:29:02 pm »
Increased chance of present drop:

+5%/10%/15%/20% (additive probably)

Increased chance of big present drop:

+2%/4%/6%/9% (additive probably)

Bad roll nullifier:

Every hour (2 hours? 1 day?), 1/1/2/3 bad rolls are nullified, except +60 seconds as you would still get the full time for a new roll.

Guaranteed instant kills:

One of the first 5 rolls of your day will always be instant kills, however you get -20%/15%/10%/5% less chance of rolling instant kills normally.

Trinket leech:

Every 10 minutes you can choose someone, and you will get the effect of whatever trinkets (if any) they have active. If they leave the server, you get to choose again immediately but after 10 minutes of leeching there is a 10/8/6/3 minute cooldown.

Banker:

Every day, you can deposit up to 200/400/600/1000 credits, losing them but tomorrow getting the deposit back plus 10% interest.

Do I get anything if my trinket ideas get accepted?

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2011, 09:04:13 pm »
Eh there really isn't a reward if your idea for a trinket gets used.

I also have a good list of trinkets up on the wiki and would like feedback on categorizing them into their proper categories. The way I see it fun trinkets would be Common while those that affect damage have a lower chance to drop (Uncommon, Rare and Unusual)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:37:20 pm by Fox »

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2011, 09:33:33 pm »
Hmm...how about a % increase to recieve an unusual roll? And what about adding bleed to the "elemental" trinkets like the bullets and melee ones? Chance to have reduced fall damage? Crit chance increase? Chance for 10 seconds of godmode when spawning (meh)? Crit resistance? Why are all these ideas flooding my brain?! D:
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2011, 09:38:10 pm »
I like reduced fall damage