Author Topic: The Doctor  (Read 4554 times)

Mayor McCheese

• "Its a Birthdefect!"
    • mah facebook
The Doctor
« on: August 17, 2011, 02:39:41 am »
Steam Id: STEAM_0:0:19704618

For some time i have been suspect of this player... tonight after reciveing numerous complaints from several players on the server i investigated this

wasting credits(for a good cause) bought crouch invisablity... and recorded a demo trying to get him to show proof of an aimbot... this however was not the case......the link below is the demo i recorded of this...(tick 8105 is where you should start both shots are made with in a minute of this tick)  you notice i hit him with a head shot... 105 damage... then another for 120......how is this bizzare?  well for those of us who know the mechanics of the game... @0% charge the sniper rifle does 150 damage on a headshot...  furthermore the only rtd effect that would reduce damage is stonewall....which is 10% would would make it 135 damage...while writing this post i was messaged by rambojesus who told me he was hit for 130 damage noscope noncrit, which based on what you will see in the demo well i can believe him...  nonscoped the rifle tops out at less than 100 damage

- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PDV3P9BB  Demo can be found here
- http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Sniper_rifle     sniper rifle damage mechanics can be found here
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:47:45 am by Fenex »
RTD Gamings Self-Proclaimed Theory Crafter,
And Professional Russian

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: The Doctor
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 09:43:25 am »
Wasn't crouch invisibility nerfed to do less damage?

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:53:59 am »
^This

We talked about in your thread here, but I'm not 100% sure if something was done. You'll have to ask Dragnix and see if he did anything. :P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:46:21 pm by Jarrett000 »
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 06:26:42 am »
Invisible players do 30% less damage

Code: [Select]
        if(hasInvisRolls(attacker))
        {
            //30% less damage if player is invisble
            new alpha = GetEntData(attacker, m_clrRender + 3, 1);

if(alpha == 0)
                damage *= 0.7;
        }

http://code.google.com/p/rtdgaming/source/browse/addons/sourcemod/scripting/rtd/damage.sp

SilverLite

• RTD Noob
  • Go away.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 01:19:13 pm »
The doctor has hit me as a scout running around the corner, it doesn't make sense how he does it. And, The doctor, either seems to headshot, or miss. Also, when he  gets a bodyshot, it seems to do more power, than anyother sniper could. Plus, Rambo's statement seems true... I havent seen any recordings of it, but similar things seem to happen to me, and everyone else, the frustrating thing is that theres not ACTUAL proof! On another post, Dragnix shows that The Doctor's Headshot % is 77, and his accuracy % is 44, but when compared to people like Corgi, whose Headshot% is also 77, and accuracy % is 42, or Formaggio, who has a headshot% of 78, and accuracy % of 33, they all seem to be reasonable close. The percents arn't all that different, whats different is that The Doctor, plays sniper more than anyone on the server basically yet the stats are pretty much the same. I'd like to accuse him and auto-aim, or aim-assist, but based on the evidence I've seen so far.. I dont think I can fully "pin" this on him quite yet.

Halorym

• Shot through the heart, and I'm to blame
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 02:06:52 pm »
http://rtd.gameme.com/actioninfo/22

Egads! My days of leading the headshot board with more than twice the headshots of my leading competitor are coming to an end!

SilverLite

• RTD Noob
  • Go away.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 02:22:04 pm »
Well, at least now, we can all just forget about it :)

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 02:29:44 pm »
Wait there's something I wanted to do!

PW:T&T - "Inform the Truth 2004"

Quote from: Spycheckme!
  If he isn't hitting every person every single time then why are we even here discussing this?  Is he dominating entire teams?  Becoming unkillable?  When he joins a game does that team automatically win over and over and over again?  These are important issues.  Yet when we had members that did any of those above in the past, no one made a single peep.  I'm talking about Booleys, Frosty, Gibus, Standaloner, Elusive, Kneesocks, ect.  Oh wait... they aren't snipers... so its o.k I guess.

Yet heres someone whos playing a SNIPER, gets a few lucky kills and causes a shit storm.  Even if he is using aimassit, its not like RTD is unplayable.  Party associate got busted for using an aim program and I don't recall seeing ANYONE complain about him yet he wasn't playing fair.

(I'm not accusing any of them of hacking, just making a point.)

Here is what needs to be brought to an admin's attention:

- Obvious Aimbotting that makes RTD unplayable. (Can't leave the spawn without dying)
- Excessive spawn camping.
- Abusing rolls / glitches.
- Crashing the server.
- People being Excessively rude and or racist (not saying fuck when they die, but calling people like cunts and shit repeatedly without stopping when being asked to stop.)
- Micspamming that is loud and disruptive.  Excessively.
- Team stacking over and over again to the point where its impossible to win.
- Credit scamming / item scamming

Goddamnit my new job has gone to my brain... now I'm posting bullets on like everything.

When to stop posting bullets:

- When its annoying.
- What the fuck I'm doing it again.
- Help me....

SilverLite

• RTD Noob
  • Go away.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 02:34:23 pm »
Maximo, what show is that anyways!?  :P :P

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 03:25:21 pm »
Maximo, what show is that anyways!?  :P :P

It's a game, it's Phoenix Wright.

SilverLite

• RTD Noob
  • Go away.
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 03:33:03 pm »
Kay, never heard of it.  :o

Tenebrae

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 06:43:35 pm »
The case is far from over.
Last night, when discussing things with someone else who is working on Doctor's case, he mentioned his brother got banned from some competitive TF2 league. Reason being is when the team he was on got to the final round, he said "Wait, we can't play. I have an aimbot." And when asked why he did, it was to prove that you could make one not only function, but still be incredibly difficult to identify.
That titbit would have been helpful while the thread discussing the ban, and the evidence was presented, was still open and discussable, but eh. Like I said, this isn't all quite over yet. I am not going to be as vocal about it, though. At least not alone, since the rest of the forums hordes over me when I try.

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 06:47:00 pm »
because he's not cheating, is a cool guy, and no one has a problem with him, Tenebrae. Except you. You're wrong, it's fine, move on.

Tenebrae

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 06:58:50 pm »
It isn't just me, Maximo. Those of us involved on it have tried to be a bit covert about it all.

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 07:07:00 pm »
Well, THAT'LL get results for SURE.