Author Topic: DOA  (Read 4724 times)

FruitSnacks

DOA
« on: August 24, 2011, 12:32:09 am »
Yep, DOA was bitching for people to duel him due to "him being one point away".
Get this, I felt nice for once and spent 99 cents and dueled him expecting him to play fair and earn his point.
All he does is 1. hit you once and run away or 2. he will stalk you until he sees you with very little hp.

Yes, I did kick him.
Why?
I remember him being kicked before due to doing the exact same thing he was doing to me.

I don't like getting slapped in the face for trying to do something nice for someone.
I feel my kick was correct.

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
Re: DOA
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 12:56:57 am »
Though I wouldn't necessarily agree with your kick I do think that if you started the duel, you can do whatever the fuck you want.

If it was his duel kicking him would be ridiculous but since it was your and especially since you bought it from the store I think you're in the right here.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:07:33 am »
"All he does is 1. hit you once and run away or 2. he will stalk you until he sees you with very little hp."
So that's not a valid tactic? Now if he went hiding in spawn that'd be different.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 09:13:46 am »
I'm back and forth on this.

I refuse to duel DOA anymore because of the way he plays it. While it's within the rules of the game, to me buying hulk for example is just cheap, or a combination of overpowered rolls. Now if he rolls insta kills? Ok, fine, bad luck for me, I have a different way of doing things (I'll let the insta kills just burn), but that's in his right.

The thing is, the first kill that he got on you corgi, no offense, was legimate. It was bad luck: you bumping into me, and him being right there, but you were chatting with me at the time, so it did sorta indicate that you were the other team.

The other kills? I can see your point of being frustrated with it, and I know the hit and run tactics are annoying. He wasn't hiding in spawn this time, I think he knew better with several admins there.

The problem is that kicking him for being in the bounds of the game but playing it not honorably...yeah I don't know if that's kickable. I mean, I think in this instance, to let  it go, but my advice? Don't duel him. Ever. Not even if you're feeling nice. Eventually, he will have to learn that while his actions have side consequences. He's in the rules for waiting for his moment to strike, but it's cheap. Now, if I see someone dueling against him when he's on the opposite team, I will support that player pretty much anyway I can. Medic/Pyro, whatever: and to me it's justified as it's a result of how he plays his duels. Stepped on one too many toes.

In short? Don't duel him.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 09:18:45 am »
That's why I don't buy or trade dueling games. You never know if the person you duel is going to hide in spawn forever. As soon as I get one, I immediately trade it away.
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 09:22:33 am »
That's why I don't buy or trade dueling games. You never know if the person you duel is going to hide in spawn forever. As soon as I get one, I immediately trade it away.

I have 6 dueling mini games and I just don't ever feel up to dueling, but will accept duels whenever they are thrown at me (with exceptions of DOA)

Or if John's in the server while I'm doing. I will never forget me and Corgi (i think it was corgi) having a pyro melee duel, and john buys immunity to pyros, go pyro himself, buys health regen/armor, and I can't get out of the spawn. And yet I still somehow won.

Aka SCREW YOU JOHN

(to be fair I got him back after he went afk during anotherduel and other members of his team pushed him out of spawn when the duel was tied xD)

DOA

• dueling whore
    • Screenshotshit
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 05:49:15 pm »
My dueling wins was 159 and I asked for someone to duel me. I was playing my try hard soldier direct hit mantreads combo. I never spawn camped you, or hid in my spawn, if anything I made sure you saw me as much as possible before the round ended. I like to duel people, but I don't expect to get ejected from the sever if I win a duel.

I like dueling in the RTD server and I spend credits when I start to get bored with the game. I get insta-killed in duels sometimes when people get sick of my shit. But I just scream fuck and get on with it.

Times kicked for winning a duel : 2

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 07:27:13 pm »
Times kicked for winning a duel : 2

I loled.  I won't duel you anymore DOA but I will healbot you if you are on my team and dueling someone.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 07:34:11 pm »
I'll still duel DOA. No skin off by bones if it's not my duel, and avoiding me and hiding in spawn just makes it easier for my team to cap so I can get my damn dice.
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Stryder

• Game Admins
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 08:24:42 pm »
Eh, still duel him too. Idc if he buys hulk, or instant kills. Gives me more of a challenge. Or I just go spy  ;D
If people duel me, Idc if I lose or win. I didn't waste anything.
This is Stryder's Lair, where he hangs out in between sessions of nuking the server and defending his number one spot. Because he's not human.

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 09:57:22 pm »
I've dueled DOA several times and won most of them, and he played pretty fair as far as I can recall.

I've taken to buying instant kills whenever someone does ammo regen scout or hulk heavy.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Mayor McCheese

• "Its a Birthdefect!"
    • mah facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 03:09:34 am »
in my eyes yea its a pansy tactic... but with all the mods on the server, i really feel that if you want to use a dueling minigame, you have to take what comes....

im not justifying what he did by anymeans, but thats like,  challenging someone to a duel, then buying class immunity to that players class, or instant kills. so really if you want to use your duels on the server be aware that this crap is going to happen.   Just dont duel him again, sure you cant get that charge back, but you live you learn.   duel me on the server... i dont care who you are ill decline it just because of the mods on the server
RTD Gamings Self-Proclaimed Theory Crafter,
And Professional Russian

Abridge

• Roll Stacker #1 AKA The Pumpkin Man
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 11:59:02 pm »
in my eyes yea its a pansy tactic... but with all the mods on the server, i really feel that if you want to use a dueling minigame, you have to take what comes....

im not justifying what he did by anymeans, but thats like,  challenging someone to a duel, then buying class immunity to that players class, or instant kills. so really if you want to use your duels on the server be aware that this crap is going to happen.   Just dont duel him again, sure you cant get that charge back, but you live you learn.   duel me on the server... i dont care who you are ill decline it just because of the mods on the server

An Inconvenient Truth

Jokerz Wild

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 02:51:25 am »
yeah he offered to duel me, i declined, but right when i hit the button (remember could have easily hit accept) he bought the hulk...cheap? yes. would i cry foul? no.

Walnuts

• RTD Noob
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 10:32:05 pm »
I duel DOA all of the time and I don't see him doing this. I think you guys just complain too much.