Author Topic: Goofy Roll Thread  (Read 24238 times)

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
Goofy Roll Thread
« on: July 16, 2011, 01:41:48 am »
*xpinoy98's roll ideas were moved into Jarrett's post to prevent title change of the thread*

Hello, Ive made some roll ideas including perks and bad roll ideas       
Episode Two: found a bit lower in this page.
Episode Three: Go to page 2
Episode Four: Lower on page two
Episode Five: Go to page Three!
Episode Six: Lower on page 3
Episode Seven: Page 4
Episode Eight: Page 5
Episode Eight Updated: Lower on page 5
Episode Nine: Page 6
Episode 10: Page seven!
Episode 11: Lower on page seven!
What do you think? Please give feedback!

Good rolls  :D

Dance Pad
Cost:25 Credits
When Enemies Stand on it, they can't help but dance!

Hired Assassin
Cost 100 credits.
Wen you roll him, a window appears showing a list of 5 randomly chosen player names. Chose one, and he'll try to assassinate that player. There is a chance he will fail, but you invest talent points maybe he will try harder.

Man Eating Monster
Cost:50 Credits
If an enemy gets too close to him, he'll eat the baddie and start chewing, and his health will start dropping. However, he is picky about his food, and there is a chance he will spit him out every second. If he takes too much damage he will spit him out also.  Maybe if you invest talent points he will try to chew more.

Blooper
Cost:35 credits
The creature from Mario Kart. When spawned, he will run around, all enemies that he passes by. The ink will cover big major portions of the screen. Going into water will remove the ink.

Freeze Creature.
cost:40 credits

This Creepy Crawler has freeze breath. Any enemy in the freeze breath will start slowing down and down until he's frozen! As long he is in the breath, he will stay frozen.

Bubble Gun
Cost:30 Credits

This turret shoots bubbles in a straight line. Enemies that touch the bubbles will get trapped inside. Once a bubble has an enemy, it will float up and up and up. If the bubble gets high enough, the enemy in it will die. The bubbles will pop if they hit a surface or if they get shot.

Energy Drainer
Cost:20 credits
A ball that takes rolls away from enemies that stay in the electric field for too long. After 15 seconds, it will explode.
you can upgrade it to take rolls faster, or the ability to take bad rolls away from teammates!

Dice Deposit
Not buyable
Spawns a dice deposit right on the spot! It will last for 15 seconds.

Looting ghost
cost:30 credits
A ghost with faster speed, and it will take ammo, metal, and cloak from enemies close to it.

Special Challenge
Not Buyable
When rolled, you'll be given a task, such as go to a location, or kill a specific enemy. If you complete it within the allotted time, you will earn credits!

Pickpocketing
Cost:25 credits.
Only spies can roll this.
Stand behind an enemy to fish his pocket for credits. The enemy won't lose credits. But you just earn credits for standing behind him. The longer you stand, the more credits, up to 20.

Bad rolls >:(

Civilian

Lose all of your wepons and become a civilian. If you see an enemy civilian, DON'T KILL IT. Killing an civilian will cause you to lose credits. Touch a resupply to return to normal.

VIP

Become visible to enemies for a set amount of time. You can purchase a perk that, if you kill the VIP, you will earn credits.

Chicken Out

Instantly teleport back to your base, then move slowly for the next 5 seconds.

Drunken
Only demomen can roll this.

Your vision becomes blurry and you will walk impropery for 20 seconds.

Launch

Get launched high up into the air, then take damage upon landing.

PERKS

Saw:Your saw makes enemies bleed

Yoshi: There is a chance the enemy inside your egg will die upon breaking out.

Gravity; ability to go back to the ground holding L

Bear Trap: Will make the enemy bleed while stunned

And that's about it! I know this is a bit too long, but i hope you like at least one of the rolls and it will get into the game  ;)

Edit: Removed water cube

What Jarrett typed:

Quick notes from phone until I can edit this post on all ideas- Dance pad is created, called taunt trap, just not put in I think. Water cube has been suggested before, but I think there were coding issues. The only way Hired assassin would really work would be a pretty smart AI. Man eating monster has been suggested as a Snorlax perk. Dice deposit has been suggested before. I think we have those bleed perks. Hold croutch do lower your grav in grav.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:59:09 am by Spycheckme! »
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

John2k4

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • Ready to Roll...
Water Cube -  It's impossible to create water volumes in the game with plugins...
Dance Pad -  I think Dance Pad is considered Taunt Trap - not quite ready for implementation yet.
Hired Assassin - I think that would require a nav point file for each map, which would make it impossible, BUT it might be able to use a lot of the player targeting and pathfinding code from the Spider roll...
Man Eating Monster - Sounds like a cage that will slowly damage you, and will (possibly) release you... Maybe a perk for the cage?
Blooper - I think that should be fairly easy, just show a large "ink splotch" texture to the player, filling their screen mostly, and removing it after 5 seconds or when they touch water.
Freeze Creature - The last roll that affected player movement (Air Intake) was removed because no one likes getting their movement messed with. :/
Bubble Gun - I like the concept, but am not sure about what it would take to code it.
Energy Drainer - There have been a few suggestions for a "Roll Remover" in the past....
Dice Deposit - I like that. Simple to code, too. :)
Looting Ghost - Can't really think of anything to say about it. It's an interesting idea, but might have balance issues.
Special Challenge - Might be a huge coding task, but it's a good idea.
Pickpocketing - That idea is hilarious. I love it. :D

Civilian - Might not be a good idea, what if someone shoots a rocket or something, and accidentally kills the civilian, therefore losing credits...
VIP - Sounds like the Doom roll, but without the death penalty.
Chicken Out - I can just invision the rage this can cause...
Drunken - Sounds like the drugs roll that some servers have.
Launch - I like it, can be both good and bad.

Saw - Maybe named: Sharpened Saw, and the bleed is a nice idea...
Yoshi - The death on egg explode was initially what it did - it was toned down a lot to not be as OP.
Gravity - you can already descend to the ground, and give yourself a higher gravity when you roll it by holding your crouch button. ;)
Bear Trap - Bleed might be good.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
A lot of these ideas have been mentioned before in different ways shape or forms.  I will address a few that I like:

Dice Deposit - I like this idea, maybe you could buy one for like 100 credits?  Should be a rare roll since you can get dice / fill uber up / get full health and crits from it.  Also make a cooldown between buys.  So an entire team can't buy like 10 of them.  Only can be bought with 10+ on the server.  Also they should last like 15seconds... Maybe longer with perks?

Pickpocketing - Hilarious.  Great idea.

VIP - Neat idea.  Its a bad roll in that you are singled out.  It reminds me of Czech's Marked Murderer roll... I wonder what happened to it?

Chicken Out - Another awesome bad roll.  Its like a death without the penalty of losing your perks.  Should be very rare.  It should give you a countdown: "You have X seconds before you are warped to your spawn!"

Launch - Another good idea for a bad roll.  Won't work well indoors, but outside... you're going to take a lot of damage.

Bear trap already has a bleed perk.  Fox coded it as an example.

Xpinoy98

Some stuff to clarify:

VIP: You won't get the beacon roll like doom, but the Outline you see on objectives such as the payload, or intel. You can see the outline through walls to help find the objective.

Drunken: by walk improperly i mean by changing up the movement keys. Such as instaid of pressing W to move forward, it will be to the left. And S to go forward. And then after 5 seconds, the keys get changed again. This will go for 20 seconds. You know what I mean, right?

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
Drunken: by walk improperly i mean by changing up the movement keys. Such as instaid of pressing W to move forward, it will be to the left. And S to go forward. And then after 5 seconds, the keys get changed again. This will go for 20 seconds. You know what I mean, right?
Hmm, I think, now that you've clarified, that's been suggested before. However, I couldn't find anything in the search results, so unless someone else finds it, you'd be in the clear on this one :P
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
I don't like the idea of being able to spawn a dice deposit for one reason.

When the match starts, the game should be focused on playing, and having fun. I don't know about anyone else, but what irritates me the most is seeing people ignoring the game completely just to get a chance to get a few dice out of dice mines when the game has started.

Dance Pad: Working on a sorta kinda implementation like it.

Water cube: Meh, not interesting for me.

Hired Assassin: Meh, not interesting to me.

Pickpocketing: Meh, again, this doesn't help add to the game for me. It delays being useful.

VIP: Hm, maybe.

John2k4

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • Ready to Roll...
Water cube has been suggested before, and Fox has stated that it's impossible to dynamically create volumes of water.

Xpinoy98

Water Cube: Ok ok, i heard you the first time. :P

Man Eating Monster: I figured out an alteration to this:

Strangler Ghost
An invisible stationary ghost. When an enemy gets to his area, he will turn visible and strangle the enemy, depleting his health until another enemy kills it.

What do you choose?

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
Also,

The Chicken Out roll, is annoying for most classes more then anything. Except for the Engineer, where it can be deadly for them. Defending a point consistently, and then roll that. Now your sentry is vulnerable, you can't get to it very quickly, and it's most likely going to get destroyed. The time it takes for other classes to get back to usefulness isn't as long as the engineers, so they get punished the most on that roll.

Special Challenge, that's an interesting one. It'd take a while to code but it could be interesting in implementation.

If I'm a civilan, I'm running straight at the enemy, trying to be a meat shield. People don't want to lose credits, and you can become a real problem. Although that could be the point of the roll.....

KRΩNΩS

• I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/kronos19
power play: Godmode+crits for 10 seconds

just thought about that one today, when i rolled godmode and grabbed a crit present at the same time and raped their whole team.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
power play: Godmode+crits for 10 seconds

just thought about that one today, when i rolled godmode and grabbed a crit present at the same time and raped their whole team.

No

Xpinoy98

Introducing episode Two of my Ideas!  :D

Good Rolls  :D

Heated Rock
Cost:30 credits

When enemies touch it, not only will they take damage, they will get launched into the air,  because it is so hot! It loses effectiveness over time. A backpack blizzard will speed up the process.

Recon Robot
Cost: 20 credits
A robotic crab with a camera on top. The camera will rotate around as if it is shooting the enemy, but Instaid it will tag the enemy, beaconing him for 15 seconds.

Pastries
Spawn up to 3 delicious pastries that you and your teammates can eat. It will restore a small amount of health. Then, after 60 seconds after eating, you wil automatically take a crap!  :P

Mega Bomb
Throw a large, single bomb with a much much larger explosion! It can't be disarmed and is quite devestating.
However, there is a chance that the bomb is a dud......

Battle Cry
Let out a loud battle cry, which scares nearby enemies and give a speed and damage boost to allies for ten seconds.

Teddy Bear
Cost:25 credits.
This Teddy bear has a voice so cute, it makes foes less wiry, making them take more damage from attacks.
You can also carry it, but you cant take the voice, making you take more damage as well.

Explosive Suprise
A present filled with proximity mines. By pressing right click or your use key, you will arm the present. When you get killed,the fake present will spawn. When the enemy picks it up it will explode, doing serious damage and possibly killing him.

Panic
Cost: 25 credits
As your health gets lower, you will have a higher speed and damage.

Neutral rolls ( rolls that help and hurt you at the same time.)

Discipline
You decide if this is buyable.
Get continuously slapped for ten seconds, doing damage and knocking you in different directions. Then earn ten seconds of faster speed and minicrits.

Bloodlust explosion
You decide
Trade half of your health to explode all the enemies around you.

Cocaine
You decide
Move 20% faster for 10 seconds, then slower and have reduced health for 10 seconds.

Rollerblades
Cost: 30 credits
Strap on some rollerblades, giving you 20%increased speed. However you can't jump, and if you take too much damage, you may fall over (get stunned) you may wish to take them off by pressing L, leaving for another player to pick them up.

BAD ROLLS >:(

Paint trail

Leave a trail of paint wherever you go for 20 seconds

Slapped Silly

Get slapped, knocking you in a direction and stunning you for 5 seconds.

PERKS

Cow: after 60 seconds the cow will take a crap that you can pick up, even though you dont have the perk. But once you put it down you can't pick it back up unless you have the perk.

Spider: Spider can also make enemies bleed after doing enough damage (as if it poinsoned him)

Daily allowance (new)

Every day, when you join the server you will earn credits, if done for a week in a row you will earn dice!

Presents: A small chance you will find dice in presents.

I hope you like these, and at least one gets into the game. ;)

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Merged your 2nd Thread with this one since it was just more ideas you had.  Deleted a few posts that were about the 2nd thread.

I like Panic, slapped silly and paint trail.

Other rolls are a bit redundant or have been suggested before.  Look around a bit bud so you won't waste time coming up with ideas that were though up before.

John2k4

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • Ready to Roll...
Heated Rock - Hmm... maybe...
Recon Robot - Neat idea
Pastries - could maybe be a perk for the Hearts roll
Mega Bomb - Maybe a perk for Bombs.
Battle Cry - I like it
Teddy Bear - Sounds a bit complicated
Explosive Surprise - Trap rolls like this are usually not liked, but it's an interesting idea
Panic - Equalizer for all classes! :)

Discipline - Sounds like it would confuse new people a lot...
Bloodlust Explosion - I can be scoot, camp a healthpack by enemy spawn, then activate this... seems like it would have balance issues.
Cocaine - No.
Rollerblades - Interesting idea.
Paint Trail - Sounds really interesting - I like it. :)
Slapped Silly - I dunno, maybe...

Cow Perk - I like it, just leave the crap under the cow unless you have the crap perk :/.
Spider Bleed - No, spiders are deadly enough already, and they leave you on fire.
Daily Allowance - Sounds cool, but I don't know if Fox will approve of credits/dice being earned that way.
Presents - It'd have to be like a 1 or 2% chance. :p

Xpinoy98

By the way, did anyone hear Fox say anything about my ideas yet?
He's the one that decides what rolls get in.