Author Topic: Goofy Roll Thread  (Read 27913 times)

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
By the way, did anyone hear Fox say anything about my ideas yet?
He's the one that decides what rolls get in.
It's not often we talk about roll ideas behind other's backs. If you don't see a conversation on the forums about a roll idea, then there's a slim chance there's been a conversation about it at all. :)
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
Panic and Armor is a deadly combination. It also would work somewhat with invis on low health, as you'd stay in that half health range, getting benefits, but if things got dicey you can run out of there.

Pastries is the eqivalent of buying crap 3 times, except you're getting health with it. Cost would need to be higher, and Idk, it doesn't really add anything new to the game.

Mega Bomb - Don't like it. It's deadly in chokepoint areas, or defending a point.

Battle Cry - Not a fan of a tide turner like this, because it's that much a tide turner. It's like minicrits+. We've already got a team crits roll.

Teddy Bear sounds like an amplifier, but in reverse.

Explosive Present - Part of me pauses on this for one reason: we have bad presents already. Players who don't have the bad presents perk already take the risk of the present being harmful. Hm.

Bloodlust sounds broken.

Xpinoy98

Introducing the next installment of my ideas! Enjoy  ;)

Good Rolls :D

Disrupter Device
Cost:40 Credits
A special device that you wear like your backpack that emits an energy field that confuses nearby enemies and sentry guns. Confused enemies have their movement keys changed up, and senties look the other way.

Mysterious light.
Cost:30 credits
Other thoughts: Inspired from that movie Skyline.
A light post that is making some kind of strange light of your team's color. Enemies that are unfortunate enough to go into it will be immobilized,stunned,and their health will start dropping. The only chance for rescue is to destroy the post. The light posts have low health, so be careful where you place them.

Signal Flare
Cost:25 credits
Throw an extremely bright flare, causing enemies near it to go blind for a few seconds.

Quaker
Cost:35:Credits
Every 10 seconds the Quaker will create a shockwave around its area that shoves enemies and slows them down. You can purchase a perk that has a chance of stunning.

Electric Barrier Maker  (needs better name)
Cost:40 credits
This will shoot moving electric barriers in the direction it's facing. Enemies can't go through the barriers. If you are caught in a moving enemy barrier, get out of its way before it his a wall, or else you will get squished!

Launcher Pad
A pad that's (mostly) hidden in the ground. Enemies that step on it get launched straight up into the air, then take damage upon landing. It will also do additional damage if the enemy hits a ceiling.

Super Fan
Cost:20 credits
A fan that creates a strong wind. It slows enemies that are going in the opposite direction of the wind, and speeds up teammates that are going in the direction of the wind. Every 5 seconds it will realese an blast of air that pushes enemies back.

Bounty Hunter
Not Buyable
Duration:60 seconds
Every time you kill an enemy, you will earn a small amount of credits (1-10) based on his position on the leaderboard.

Neutral Rolls :-\

Metal Guy
Cost:35 Credits
Turn into a metal Person. YOu have a higher gravity and lower jump but you are more resistant to knockback and airblasts. You may wish to ditch the ability by pressing L. Pick up the metal box to turn into metal guy again.

Lightweight Shoes
Cost:30 Credits
These Pair of shoes give you a small speed boost and a bit lower gravity, but you are more vulnerable to knockback. Press L to take them off, leaving another player to pick them up. Basically, it's the opposite of Metal Guy.

Bad rolls >:(

Sticky Keys
Duration:20 seconds
When you move, you will be forced to keep moving in that directions for a few seconds, as if your WASD (or whatever) keys were stuck in.... you know what i mean right?

Curse
Duration:20 seconds
A lot of bad stuff will happen to you, such as getting slapped, launched, beaconed, etc.

Perks :)
Proximity Mines: Lower the volume of the beeping sound coming from your mines
Why?: When you get close to an enemy proximity mine, it will beep loudly, which is a dead giveaway.

Crap:The flies that are around your crap will attack enemies if they get too close. It won't hurt to give those flies a purpose, would it?

Snorlax: 20% Bigger

Bear Trap: It will be more powerful, so enemies will have a harder time escaping.

Hope you like these and they get into the game ;)  Keep in mind these ideas are negotiable! Feel free to suggest to change the characteristics of my ideas if they seem too overpowered or underpowered or whatever!
Edit: Removed knockback bullets.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:25:01 am by Xpinoy98 »

John2k4

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • Ready to Roll...
Disrupter Device  - Not possible to modify the keys of clients, and this would be quite OP with a spy.

Mysterious Light - Don't really like it, seems kinda complicated

Signal Flare - Interesting idea

Quaker - (Did you get this idea from that game Terranigma? :D ) - Sounds a lot like diglett..

Electric Barrier Maker - Might be quite OP for small corridors... which there are a lot of.

Knockback Bullets - Rubber Bullets do that same thing, and they're already implemented.

Super Fan - Very similar to the Air Intake roll, which was taken out because it wasn't well received.

Bounty Hunter - I like it

Metal Man - There's already a roll called this, so it would need a new name, but I like the concept.

Lightweight shoes - Very similar to Redbull.

Sticky Keys - Interesting idea

Cured - Nah...

Proximity Mine - I like that

Crap Perk - Nah

Snorlax - Good idea

Bear Trap - So just a longer stun time?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:24:48 pm by John2k4 »

Xpinoy98

Gosh-Dang-it, why are my ideas are always taken?
I'm just going shooting ideas at this page until i get one that's new.

Edit: No Offense.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:39:04 pm by Xpinoy98 »

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
By the way, did anyone hear Fox say anything about my ideas yet?
He's the one that decides what rolls get in.
It's not often we talk about roll ideas behind other's backs. If you don't see a conversation on the forums about a roll idea, then there's a slim chance there's been a conversation about it at all. :)

;D

Anyways Xpinoy you have a lot of ideas but it's best just to suggest either 1 or 2. When it's a big list like that I skim through it and look at other people's replies.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:13:03 pm by Fox »

FruitSnacks

Well tonight isnt the night for me to make my post. Time to spend an hour tomorrow typing why or why not i like any of these.

Xpinoy98

Quaker - (Did you get this idea from that game Terranigma? :D ) - Sounds a lot like diglett..

Well no, i never heard of that game  :P

Xpinoy98

Hey everyone sorry about the long wait, I was on vacation. Anyway, let's get it on with Episode Four Special!

This Episode has heroes that you can roll. They are really powerful, and can turn the tide of any situation

All heroes have buffed health, but have it multiplied, depending on how many players on the enemy team. (5 players= 5X buffed health)

Each team can only have one hero at a time
Heroes can buy things from the shop, but the options should be limited so it they wont be OP

Heroes

Force-a-Nature
For scout, as he called himself in the meet the scout video
Abilities
Attacks knockback enemies
Tripple Jump
After getting 6 kills, taunt to get minicrits for 10 seconds

Saxton Hale
Soldier
Abilities
Super Speed
Super Jump by holding Right click
Can only use melee wepons
Your Attacks do a lot of damage
Every step you take shakes the ground

Pyro Car
Pyro
Abilities:
Super Speed
500 armor
All Deflected projectiles are crits
No knockback
After getting 7 kills, you will be awarded with fireball roll

Vagineer
Engineer
Abilities:
Sentry Wrench Roll
Can only use melee wepons
500 armor

Christian Brutal Sniper
Sniper
Abilities
All scoped sniper shots are minicrits
Block one backstab (2 with razorback)
Headshots refill your jarate
after getting 5 kills, taunt to jarate all enemies on the screen

The Administrator
Spy
Abilities
Your sappers take 3 hits to remove
backstabs refil your cloak
Silent Backstabs

OPTIONAL
If there is one hero on each team, players can vote for them to duel. Therefore if yes, players can use their credits to place a wager, see what hero will win. After 30 seconds, or after everyone places a wager, the duel starts. The hero can only hurt the enemy hero, and other players cant hurt the enemy hero. After 2 minuites, or after a hero is killed,the hero with the most health wins,and the players will win (or loose) their wager. Pretty cool huh?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:48:44 pm by Xpinoy98 »

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
A lot of these super class ideas have been suggested many times before. Some get close to making it, but Hulk's the only one that's ever made it in.
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

FruitSnacks

please stop....

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Merging this topic with your others dude.

Xpinoy98

Alright, the reason why didn't add another in my other topic is because I hadn't posted anything In a while, so I had to make a separate one to let everyone know I'm back  ;)

Xpinoy98

It goes on and on!!

Good Rolls  :D

Patrol Drone
Cost: 30 Credits
This Drone flies high in the air, shining a spotlight  of your team's color to the ground. any enemy that enters the light will be marked for death ( take minicrits ) for a few seconds.

Catcher's mit
Cost:35 Credits
Only scouts can roll this.
Put on a mit and gain the ability to catch projectiles and hit them back with your bat. Press use at the right moment to catch it. Then take out ypur bat and double right click to hit it back! You may have up to 3 projectiles at a time.

Insurance
If you die, and you have any rolls on you, you will get one of them back when you respawn (except insurance, of course.) you can upgrade to do 2 or even 3 rolls!

Saluting
Only soldiers can roll this.
First, do a taunt. If any teammates taunt back, you will both get both Get minicrits  for a few seconds.

X-Ray goggles
Press use to put on some Special X-Ray Goggles. When you have them on you get to see what is being rendered in the level. (Type sv_cheats 1 then mat_wireframe 3 to see what it looks like.) after 15 seconds you must take them off and wait 30 seconds before putting them on again.

Trap Extermination
Cost:35 credits
Only engines can roll this.(?)
All traps that you destroy can be picked up, and then put down at half health, now fighting for you!

Infection
Cost:35 credits
Any enemy that gets neer you will be infected, any enemy that gets close to that one will be infected, and vice versa. Health kits can stop it. Medics can too only if not infected.

Bad Rolls >:(

Do No Harm
Duration 20 seconds
Any enemy that you hurt will be deflected back at you,as if he had mirror damage.

Camera Lock
Duration:20 second
You cant turn around. You must do with the camera as it was when you roll it for the next 20 sec

Death sentence
Duration:60 seconds
After sixty seconds have passed, there is 50-50 chance that you will die or not! Cross your fingers of you do roll it!

Perks :)

Pitching Machine: Balls immobilize enemies.

Engies have the ability to repair any RTD objects.

Unusual roll Ideas ;)

Insta porter:+5 wire

Jarate Cloud: Also milks enemies

Proximity Mines: No beeping sound

Yoshi: 2 second chop cooldown.

Hopefully you like these too! :D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:05:06 pm by Xpinoy98 »