Author Topic: Goofy Roll Thread  (Read 24239 times)

Abridge

• Roll Stacker #1 AKA The Pumpkin Man
Re: Goofy Roll Thread
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2011, 02:13:58 am »
ROLL IDEA

SUPER BONER
SPY ONLY

EVERY TIME YOU ARE BEHIND SOMEONE YOU BACKSTAB THEM INSTANTLY

VISUALS INCLUDE A GIANT PENIS PROTRUDING FROM HIS GENERAL AREA
ANAL RAPE EEVVVERRRRYYYWHHHEE ERRRREEEEEE

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

you have my support

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2011, 07:30:57 pm »
They can be serious too I think, but people just use it for fooling around now anyway.
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

Eyeshole65

My first roll idea: Kirby!
« Reply #257 on: October 08, 2011, 01:59:01 am »
This has gotten me going:

*If you come up with an idea and it is integrated into RTD then you get 10% from the sales generated from your roll.

Reimbursement:
  • Roll Ideas: 1000 Credits
  • Perk Ideas: 100 Credits

And that's not all!
When you buy your roll it costs 10% less

So, after i finished my homework,i brushed up on Spychecks roll guide and came up with my very first roll idea......

Name:Kirby!
Cost: Maybe 30 Credits
Duration:Same as Yoshi, which, by far i remembered, was 20 Seconds?
Gameplay:Turn into Kirby, and you know what Kirby is known for, and that is Copying enemies' abilities! Press left click and hold to inhale enemies! When enemies get sucked into your mouth, you can get something cool... then you spit the enemiy out, causing him to be stunned for 2 seconds. (?) There are many things that can happen when you copy enemies.
Standard Kirby: Can't use weapons. However, you get Scoutjumps, to similate Kirby's floating ability.
You will lose Kirby if you take 500 damage.
Copying the specific enemy gives you one of these ablilities.
Copying a Scout: Get Scoutjumps, Speed, or the ability to double jump!
Copying Soldier: (Actualy, i couldn't come up with something YET! :( )
Copying Pyro: Fire Bombs, Fire bullets or Fire Ball!
Copying Demoman: Bombs, Proximity Mines, or other explosive things!
Copying Heavy: (Actauly, i couldent come up with anything. YET!  :( )
Copying Engineer: Sentry Builder, Angelic Dispenser, Amplifier, or one of those stationary traps!
Copying Medic: Health Regen, Angelic Dispenser, Ubercharger, or steal the Medic's Ubercharge!
Copying Sniper: Jarate Bullets, and.... hmmm, can someone help me out here?
Copying Spy: Invis on low health, Invisibility, or Crouch Invis.
*Once you have copied an enemy, your Kirby will end. Unless if you get the perk. (See below)
Sounds, Visuals:Music: The music from Kirby Superstar that plays when you are choosing abilities for the one of those bosses (Couldnt remember name.)
Inhaling/ Copied enemy: Use sounds from Kirby Superstar Ultra.
Kirby Killed:Done For...... Music Kirby Super Star Ultra
Class Restriction:None! (?)
Perks:Ability to Copy 2 Abilities!

Alright you guys, Help me out here! What should happen when you Copy a Heavy Or Soldier? Or just give suggestions on how to improve it!

What do you think?  Go easy on me, this is my first roll idea.  ;)

Eyeshole65

Re: My first roll idea: Kirby!
« Reply #258 on: October 08, 2011, 02:16:43 am »
Actually i also did come up with a few bad things that may happen when you copy things, like when Kirby falls asleep when you copy a Noddy. But i'm too lazy to post them right now, despite the fact that it is 11:15 P.M XD

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #259 on: October 08, 2011, 02:17:43 am »
Hmm.. It sounds nice and all, but I don't know. It can't "suck people in" - People HATE it when something messes with their movement for some reason (I don't get it myself, I just deal with it should it happen). So it'd have to be a scanning type deal. Look at person, USE. Then there's no negative effect on your target - They just give you a power. Maybe it could be a proximity thing, like Yoshi. But if you ask me, it should just heal you, or something, and stun the enemy for a few seconds. That would work better, and be simpler.

This is all assuming, of course, that there's a kirby model and that people feel like we need another small creature running around with scout abilities. :P

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #260 on: October 08, 2011, 02:26:01 am »

This has gotten me going:

*If you come up with an idea and it is integrated into RTD then you get 10% from the sales generated from your roll.

Reimbursement:
  • Roll Ideas: 1000 Credits
  • Perk Ideas: 100 Credits

And that's not all!
When you buy your roll it costs 10% less

So, after i finished my homework,i brushed up on Spychecks roll guide and came up with my very first roll idea......
Well, making a roll due to primarily financial motivations generally leads to crap, but W/E

Name:Kirby!
Cost: Maybe 30 Credits
Nope, too little for such a crazy roll that lets you get ANY of the rolls on the list
Duration:Same as Yoshi, which, by far i remembered, was 20 Seconds?
Okay
Gameplay:Turn into Kirby, and you know what Kirby is known for, and that is Copying enemies' abilities! Press left click and hold to inhale enemies!
This requires multiple frames of Kirby animation and complicated coding for the left-click ability, AND people hate things that mess with their movement (see removed rolls)
When enemies get sucked into your mouth, you can get something cool... then you spit the enemiy out, causing him to be stunned for 2 seconds. (?) There are many things that can happen when you copy enemies.
Standard Kirby: Can't use weapons. However, you get Scoutjumps, to similate Kirby's floating ability.
Why? (balance-wise)
You will lose Kirby if you take 500 damage.
Copying the specific enemy gives you one of these ablilities.
Differences between these are way unbalanced, people would pass on certain classes and seek other ones
Copying a Scout: Get Scoutjumps, Speed, or the ability to double jump!
Are these random? cuz Speed is hoovy-only, and there's no double jump roll
Copying Soldier: (Actualy, i couldn't come up with something YET! :( )
Then hold on for a bit until it's more polished
Copying Pyro: Fire Bombs, Fire bullets or Fire Ball!
Copying Demoman: Bombs, Proximity Mines, or other explosive things!
Copying Heavy: (Actauly, i couldent come up with anything. YET!  :( )
Copying Engineer: Sentry Builder, Angelic Dispenser, Amplifier, or one of those stationary traps!
Copying Medic: Health Regen, Angelic Dispenser, Ubercharger, or steal the Medic's Ubercharge!
Copying Sniper: Jarate Bullets, and.... hmmm, can someone help me out here?
It's okay to ask for balance tweaks, but you should probably think this out yourself
Copying Spy: Invis on low health, Invisibility, or Crouch Invis.
*Once you have copied an enemy, your Kirby will end. Unless if you get the perk. (See below)
Sounds, Visuals:Music: The music from Kirby Superstar that plays when you are choosing abilities for the one of those bosses (Couldnt remember name.)
Inhaling/ Copied enemy: Use sounds from Kirby Superstar Ultra.
Kirby Killed:Done For...... Music Kirby Super Star Ultra
Find sounds on YouTube or they won't happen
Class Restriction:None! (?)
Perks:Ability to Copy 2 Abilities!

Alright you guys, Help me out here! What should happen when you Copy a Heavy Or Soldier? Or just give suggestions on how to improve it!

What do you think?  Go easy on me, this is my first roll idea.  ;)

In my honest opinion, the 1000 credit bonus has the potential to just have people suggest as many rolls as they can think of, without putting much thought into them... (again, this could POTENTIALLY happen; I'm not calling out anyone/roll)

This might happen. Think ya rolls through, peeps!
Remember Xpinoy... *shudder*

Also, PWN-O-TRON, thank you for participating in the RTD creative process, maybe think about a new, streamlined Kirby roll if you find a Gmod model later.

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #261 on: October 08, 2011, 06:48:37 am »

Well, making a roll due to primarily financial motivations generally leads to crap, but W/E

Think ya rolls through, peeps!
Remember Xpinoy... *shudder*

Unlike Xpinoy, this actually sounds good, and thought out. You can't expect people to spend days polishing roll ideas only to have them rejected or completely changed. That's what the community is for. And theres nothing wrong with wanting more credits.

Find sounds on YouTube or they won't happen

Kirby being as famous as it is, it shouldn't be to hard.
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #262 on: October 08, 2011, 03:01:50 pm »

So Xpinoy are you going to own up this time and change your name back and save me the trouble of banning your IP from the forums? (That'll ban you and any accounts you try to make forever)

Oh yeah I know its you.  Don't play dumb or play any games. 

Your choices:   

A.)  You own up, change your name back.  You look stupid.  No repercussions.

B.)  You deny it, I ban your IP forever.  You look stupid.  Lots of reprecussions.

Your move Xpinoy.

Abridge

• Roll Stacker #1 AKA The Pumpkin Man
« Reply #263 on: June 17, 2012, 04:48:19 am »
Roll Idea: Dead Duck

Cost: 50 creds (engineer only roll)

Effect: Engineer gets a dead duck (or a rubber ducky) and he places it by his stuff. Whenever a spy is in close proximity (cloaked or disguised, doesn't matter) the dead duck starts quacking, thus alerting the engineer.

clearly OP and broken, but it was a goofy idea inspired by Dead Duck's name that I felt like posting

Roll Name: Jesus's Touch

Cost: 50 creds

Effect: for the next 60 seconds after rolling this roll, the enemy team will have a respawn time (10 seconds, that's already an eternity)

another broke roll

Roll Name: Cannibal

Cost: 30 creds

Effect: walking over dead bodies and bloody chunks heals you, ya know, because you eat them

this is just silly

Roll name: exploding chicken

Cost: 25 creds

Effect
: you recieve 3 explosive chickens. Upon spawning they immediately chase after your foes. And upon being shot they explode.
They could revel enemy locations by chasing and hunting them down. However like pumpkins the enemy and you can explode them, but damage is done to both teams upon exploding.
Explosion damage would be around the damage of a sticky or maybe a proxy mine

chicken dance music should play when you spawn the chickens

Roll name: Goron boots

Roll only

Effect: you take no fall damage

Problems: soldiers and demo's

Roll Name: Ninja/Assasin

Cost: 40 creds

Effect: every kill gives you 5 seconds of invisibility

Bleh, all silly ideas, couldn't think seriously enough to elaborate or be prudent and think about the ramifications so I post these in Goofy Roll Thread

Scratchcatmeow

• RTD Noob
« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2012, 11:54:12 pm »
Roll Name: Griefing tool.

When rolled, a menu pops up with various choices. These choices include:

1. Friendly Fire  Allows you to hurt your team, but they can't hurt you back.

2. Death Patch  Any teammates that walk into the area are killed.

3. Freeze Freezes your team

4. Enemy instakills Gives the enemy instakills for as long as you are alive.

You choose one and it happens.

Game breaking!  :D :D :D

DOA

• dueling whore
    • Screenshotshit
« Reply #265 on: September 04, 2012, 02:04:07 am »
Roll Name : Rick Perry
When rolled you throw millions into a campaign looking like a tool.
also you turn into a robot

Times kicked for winning a duel : 2

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #266 on: September 04, 2012, 07:33:09 pm »
Roll Name: Rafalca
When rolled, you put on a Scotsman's Stovepipe and prance around on a horse while pretending to connect with the middle class.