Author Topic: Goofy Roll Thread  (Read 27914 times)

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
It goes on and on!!

Good Rolls  :D

Patrol Drone
Cost: 30 Credits
This Drone flies high in the air, shining a spotlight  of your team's color to the ground. any enemy that enters the light will be marked for death ( take minicrits ) for a few seconds.
Pretty much Jarate cloud

Catcher's mit
Cost:35 Credits
Only scouts can roll this.
Put on a mit and gain the ability to catch projectiles and hit them back with your bat. Press use at the right moment to catch it. Then take out ypur bat and double right click to hit it back! You may have up to 3 projectiles at a time.
Maybe, but it would be hard enemies to find out you have it until too late

Insurance
Cost:40 credits
If you die, and you have any rolls on you, you will get one of them back when you respawn (except insurance, of course.) you can upgrade to do 2 or even 3 rolls!
No upgrading. Upgrading = Keeping a roll stack = People get mad = Bad

Saluting
Cost:25 credits
Only soldiers can roll this.
First, do a taunt. If any teammates taunt back, you will both get both Get minicrits  for a few seconds.
Good concept. Dangerous to preform, but can be a good reward.

X-Ray goggles
Press use to put on some Special X-Ray Goggles. When you have them on you get to see what is being rendered in the level. (Type sv_cheats 1 then mat_wireframe 3 to see what it looks like.) after 15 seconds you must take them off and wait 30 seconds before putting them on again.
Suggested before, never made it in

Trap Extermination
Cost:35 credits
Only engines can roll this.(?)
All traps that you destroy can be picked up, and then put down at half health, now fighting for you!
Me gusta. You have to earn it by taking the time to destroy it to have it.

Infection
Any enemy that gets neer you will be infected, any enemy that gets close to that one will be infected, and vice versa. Health kits can stop it. Medics can too only if not infected.
Sounds a bit complicated to code

Bad Rolls >:(

Do No Harm
Duration 20 seconds
Any enemy that you hurt will be deflected back at you,as if he had mirror damage.
Pretty sure it's been suggested before

Camera Lock
Duration:20 second
You cant turn around. You must do with the camera as it was when you roll it for the next 20 sec
Sounds ok, might be tricky coding wise though.

Death sentence
Duration:60 seconds
After sixty seconds have passed, there is 50-50 chance that you will die or not! Cross your fingers of you do roll it!
Not many people like insta-death rolls, even at 50%

Perks

Pitching Machine: Balls immobilize enemies.
They can at the right distance

Engies have the ability to repair any RTD objects.
Maybe we could just make all these RTD entities work like Spiders and Amplifiers (Medics can heal, melee can restore)

Unusual roll Ideas

Insta porter:+5 wire
I like it

Jarate Cloud: Also milks enemies
Suggested before as an individual roll

Proximity Mines: No beeping sound
Could be very good

Yoshi: 2 second chop cooldown.
Exists already

Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

RamboJesus

• I have visited from a time, where TF2 isn't hats
i think the exray thing should be for medics since the medic has the goggles
and will these be added soon? cause day are awesome so make them now faggot >:(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:40:59 pm by RamboJesus »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
No promises, it all depends if the coders want to work on them.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Xpinoy I'm going to ask you kindly again to read through some other posts at things already suggested.  You're posting a lot (like 90%) of ideas that have already been suggested by other people.  Just take like 20mins to skim around in other threads.  You'll save yourself some time and effort racking your brain for ideas that have already been thought up.

Mayor McCheese

• "Its a Birthdefect!"
    • mah facebook
The first 2 seem like they would be a pain in the ass to code in a manor that makes them function properly

Insurance- lets just encourage roll stacking more, besides with the chance to reset the timer on death furthers this... long story short... i see no unique function or purpose here.

Saluting- Crits/ Minicrit mechanics are Borderline Excessive already we really dont need any more...

X-ray goggles- Lets make it even harder to catch people who use hacks to do this already......

Trap exterminator- IF anything this would be more at home as a perk,  but i still dont think that warrents coding..

Infection- First of all you explain nothing about it aside from how its transmitted... and im assuming due to the name its basically toxic

Bad Rolls

Death Sentance- ...um we have this... its call doom, and on a much better system

Perks

Pitching Machine: NO! Bear trap does this already, 

Engies have the ability to repair any RTD objects. NO, The class is over stacked as it is, 3+ sentrys is enough as it is, before even taking the rtd mod into consiteration

Unusual roll Ideas ;)

Insta porter:+5 wire (this is a perk, Very usuful upgrade, though the cord value is higher)

Jarate Cloud: Also milks enemies (im not certain but i think there would be a mechanic stacking issue)

Proximity Mines: No beeping sound,  lets just have people code things that have no function

Yoshi: 2 second chop cooldown.  (this is a perk already)
RTD Gamings Self-Proclaimed Theory Crafter,
And Professional Russian

Mayor McCheese

• "Its a Birthdefect!"
    • mah facebook
Xpinoy I'm going to ask you kindly again to read through some other posts at things already suggested.  You're posting a lot (like 90%) of ideas that have already been suggested by other people.  Just take like 20mins to skim around in other threads.  You'll save yourself some time and effort racking your brain for ideas that have already been thought up.

in addition to this,  Please keep the following in mind when devising these,  How any roll would work in corrlation with other rolls,  Is the mechanic already in place in another roll? (ie your pitching machine perk, which basically would basically add the bear trap effect to it also)   And please everyone stop with the crit/minicrits rolls...  The mechanic is over used on the server already
RTD Gamings Self-Proclaimed Theory Crafter,
And Professional Russian

Xpinoy98

Here I am, on episode 6, still itching to get my rolls in. And no Fruitsnacks, I am not stopping!

Good Rolls :D

Hoarding
Cost:30 credits
You have no ammo limit. You can pick up as much ammo as you want! Except by resupply lockers.

Communism (maybe a different name?)
Every 20 seconds, you will collect any nearby health/ ammo packs. If your teammates get angry,you may which to ditch the ability by pressing L

Time-Bomb
When it explodes, a slowcube will appear on its place and all nearby enemies will get the slow-motion roll. It's a bomb that alters time. Get it?

And stay down!
Duration:20 seconds
Every enemy you kill during this time will have his spawn timer paused until this wears off.

Worst Enemy
When you roll this, a window appears, showing the three players that have killed you the most in the past five minuites. Pick one, and every time you deal damage to him there is + 10% chance it will be a crit, until after five minuites have passed or until you kill him.

Ka- Boom! Headshot!
Cost: 30 credits
Only Snipers can roll
Headshoted enemies will have their heads explode, causing damage to nearby enemies.

Needle trap
Any enemy that walks under this will have half of his health removed. Has a cooldown of 15 seconds.

Health Bomb
A bomb with a special soothing explosion that heals teammates.

Neutral Rolls

Jarate Piss Off
Cost:30 Credits
You get both the Jarate and Jarate Bullets roll.

Super Spicy Curry
Cost:30credits
This spicy food has the hottest sauces. It is so spicy that every few seconds mini fireballs come out of your mouth! The fireballs act like flares. But, every 5 seconds you will get ignited.

Bad Rolls  >:(

Half-Life
Your max health is cut in half for the duration of this.

Yappity yap
Duration:20 Seconds
Continuously say different insults, which will make nearby enemies angry, and give them minicrits for a few seconds.

Perks :)

Slowcube: Also Slows down projectiles

Zombies: If a zombie kills an enemy, another will spawn in his place.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
Here I am, on episode 6, still itching to get my rolls in. And no Fruitsnacks, I am not stopping!

Good Rolls :D

Hoarding
Cost:30 credits
You have no ammo limit. You can pick up as much ammo as you want! Except by resupply lockers.
Sort of like an upgraded version of ammo regen, except ammo regen is as slow as it is for a reason =/

Communism (maybe a different name?)
Every 20 seconds, you will collect any nearby health/ ammo packs. If your teammates get angry,you may which to ditch the ability by pressing L
I smell coding dificulties

Time-Bomb
When it explodes, a slowcube will appear on its place and all nearby enemies will get the slow-motion roll. It's a bomb that alters time. Get it?
Sounds ok, but we do have quite a few bomb rolls alread. Maybe....

And stay down!
Every enemy you kill during this time will have his spawn timer paused until this wears off.
Meh, that will get people a little ticked. Not even sure if possible to code.

Worst Enemy
When you roll this, a window appears, showing the three players that have killed you the most in the past five minuites. Pick one, and every time you deal damage to him there is + 10% chance it will be a crit, until after five minuites have passed or until you kill him.
Ok I guess, but there's no garuntee you'll even come in contact with them again, if they changed to a different class that supports a different part of the map, or leaves, or another teammate constantly kills them.

Ka- Boom! Headshot!
Cost: 30 credits
Only Snipers can roll
Headshoted enemies will have their heads explode, causing damage to nearby enemies.
Concept exists as a roll that all classes can use. Collateral damage. Too closely related.

Needle trap
Any enemy that walks under this will have half of his health removed. Has a cooldown of 15 seconds.
Sounds good, would need a model though.

Health Bomb
A bomb with a special soothing explosion that heals teammates.

A passive bomb could be a good idea....
Neutral Rolls

Jarate Piss Off
Cost:30 Credits
You get both the Jarate and Jarate Bullets roll.
Meh, good for run and gun weapons, but I wouldn't personally use it.

Super Spicy Curry
Cost:30credits
This spicy food has the hottest sauces. It is so spicy that every few seconds mini fireballs come out of your mouth! The fireballs act like flares. But, every 5 seconds you will get ignited.
Should probably shoot for a Pyro specific roll without the downside.

Bad Rolls  >:(

Half-Life
Your max health is cut in half for the duration of this.
And then goes back up? What if you take damage or heal by then? Too many variables for now, we need easy-2-code things. Just make a Life slash and permanently cut your life in half, odd numbers round up.

Yappity yap
Duration:20 Seconds
Continuously say different insults, which will make nearby enemies angry, and give them minicrits for a few seconds.
Basically a different version of the Jarate bad roll. No need to add another that does the same thing.

Perks :)

Slowcube: Also Slows down projectiles
It intended to do this. Sadly, only rockets were slowed down properly, so the concept was just taken out fully.

Zombies: If a zombie kills an enemy, another will spawn in his place.
Suggested twice before

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
Hoarding: Ammo regen really does this, and the thing is this is really going to piss of team engineers if you're stealing ammo all the time.

Communism: No. This is way too powerful if hooked with health/ammo regen depending on the part of the field you're at. Taking health kits changes basic dynamics of the game.

Time-Bomb: Interesting in theory.

And stay down!: God no. This will make people leave the server.

Worst Enemy: I flip flop on this. The idea of revenge against the player you killed you is alright, but this is going to really be isolated against more skilled players.

Ka-Boom Headshot!: Collateral Damage.

Needle Trap: Maybe. The thing that may make it difficult are places where they are natural choke points. Thinking places like Steel Tunnels, that plus a sentry and it can mean complete and utter lockdown.

Health Bomb: I actually sorta like this roll. Would be a twist. Although the question is how to handle on a player to player basis. Hm.

Jarate Piss Off: Meh.

Super Spicy Curry: Like Jarrett's version of it. Pyro specific roll without a downside.

Half-Life: we've got a 1 HP roll that's like this. And this definitely would be a problem with invis to low health.

Xpinoy98

By the way, if no one likes getting there movement messed with(which is one of the dumbest things I heard) then why are you leaving ice patch and groveitron alone? These also mess up player movement.

Xpinoy98

Although I feel now most of my ideas are stupid :'( I am not giving up!

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
By the way, if no one likes getting there movement messed with(which is one of the dumbest things I heard) then why are you leaving ice patch and groveitron alone? These also mess up player movement.

I may not be knowing the whole argument, but I think I can contribute here.

Ice patch and groovitron are things that are avoidable by the play themselves, and it's something in which the player, if they so choose, can get around. Yeah, it messes with movement, but it's up to me whether or not I walk over it or not.

When you start messing with player movement like with Natascha, that's where things get annoying. You can choose to not engage that enemy.....except that can make the decision to engage you. That's out of your control, and you are forced into that moving altering scenario.

Edit: Your ideas aren't stupid, they are worth looking into. It's more of balancing issues/feisability, and that's where vets who have played RTD a lot are going to see where problems are.

It's similar to the original Natascha when it came out. In particular, scouts are the ones who suffered the most from this. Taking away the one element that makes your class good means that scouts are going to be pissed off all over the place.

Xpinoy98

Since my ideas are starting to get a little dumb, should I stop all this and end the series here? You be the judge!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:14:48 pm by Xpinoy98 »

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Alright, the reason why didn't add another in my other topic is because I hadn't posted anything In a while, so I had to make a separate one to let everyone know I'm back  ;)

Like I said, my only problem was repeating stuff people already thought up.  You might come up with something people really like.  I made a thread that helps people come up with ideas, skim through it and use it as a guide to help you.

Read through this thread:  http://www.rtdgaming.com/index.php?topic=1102.0

Xpinoy98

No promises, it all depends if the coders want to work on them.
Fox is the one that decides what rolls get in. IF any one sees him, could you tell him to read this post please?