Author Topic: Sp@m (CREDIT FARMING)  (Read 8252 times)

JebBush

Sp@m (CREDIT FARMING)
« on: September 16, 2011, 06:19:31 pm »
Sorry, I failed to get his Steam ID...he's always on, though, so you should be able to find him.

I've noticed him doing this for several weeks now. He'll idle in spawn, go spectate, then come back. He's only present when there's very few people on like in the early afternoon.

I finally had a talk with some other folks to witness his silly behavior and took some screens of the brief convo.

I'm not sure what your policy is on credit farming, but I feel it should be a ban-able offense. :/ I work hard for my credits. Everyone should have to.

That is all, thank you.

Fuck water.

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
Re: Sp@m (CREDIT FARMING)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 06:22:11 pm »
He comes on fairly early (early enough for me to see him), but he did play... most of the time. I don't think you have to worry about him credit farming, he seemed to spend it all on crouch invis when he was playing with me.
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

JebBush

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 06:34:18 pm »
10-4. He was AFK for about 2 or 3 hours today....just figured I'd post my concerns.

I don't like playing 2v2 w/ my medic AFK.

Fuck water.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 08:01:01 pm »
Here are some of the reasons why this isn't that huge of a problem:

1. He's fairly nice guy that doesn't get into a whole lot of trouble or accused of anything (besides this)

He'll idle in spawn, go spectate, then come back.

You can't get credits in spectate.

He's only present when there's very few people on like in the early afternoon.

He's not taking up an important slot.

Since we didn't do anything (to my knowledge) a long while back to Sting when he was accused of credit-idling, if something happens to Sp@m, he'll eventually bring up this point and whatever punishment we gave him would be negated. However, if you see him using an idling program that makes him run around, spin, or twitch every so often, that's 100% different, but the reason he gets moved to spectate is because the afk manager moves him, but it doesn't kick him because the server is so empty at the time. It keeps in those afks so the server looks more populated and attractive to random people scrolling the list of servers. Once the server populates a bit, he gets kicked out.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:33:26 pm by Jarrett000 »
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:51:29 pm »
Wait, are you saying credit farming is okay?

That's... no good at all. Just tell him to stop, I'm sure he'll understand. He's been here a while.

If he gets to keep doing it then I'll start doing it, too.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 10:39:07 pm »
Wait, are you saying credit farming is okay?

That's... no good at all. Just tell him to stop, I'm sure he'll understand. He's been here a while.

If he gets to keep doing it then I'll start doing it, too.

No, I'm saying he's barely getting any credits at all. You can't get credits in spec, and not moving will move you to spectate before massive amount of credits can be gained. I believe the slot being taken up on the server, making the server look 1 player more full and appealing, is worth him getting a handful of credits that's barely enough to even get anything good from the buy menu. So, you don't have to beat down on him for idling at a low player count since there's somewhat of an upside to it. Should he stop? Yeah, stopping would be nice, even though we'd lose appeal from the server being more empty, but the way our afk manager works, there's no way you'd be able to get massive amounts of credits without using a program to idle, and unless you have a program, idling is in no way
a ban-able offense.
right off the bat.
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
    • Cotonti CMS - Fast, Clean, Secure
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 11:59:35 pm »
I used to ban people for a day or 2 for credit idling.

JebBush

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 01:18:17 pm »
Oustide of the credit idling, though, he does make playing with few people annoying...espciall y when there's 3 active on red and only one on blu who's moving around.

Whenever he goes to spectate, he'll pop back on a team quickly.

I don't really care what you guys do, I was just doing my duty and reporting him. :/

Fuck water.

Mayor McCheese

• "Its a Birthdefect!"
    • mah facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 02:10:12 am »
dragonix, i dont think we need to do anything about this immedately but now that i think about it, we might want to consiter coming up with something to prevent future problems. the problem itself isnt the idleing for credits... the problem is trinkets give people a reason to want to idle for them
RTD Gamings Self-Proclaimed Theory Crafter,
And Professional Russian

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 08:42:28 am »
dragonix, i dont think we need to do anything about this immedately but now that i think about it, we might want to consiter coming up with something to prevent future problems. the problem itself isnt the idleing for credits... the problem is trinkets give people a reason to want to idle for them

o.0

*looks at thread, doesn't see he posted in it*

Um ok I'll respond, maybe give a guy a warning and if he continues to do it take more drastic measures?

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 11:19:18 am »
    Hm, drastic solution that'll never happen:
    Make it so you get credits from killing people (and maybe from rtding, I know I've suggested credits from rtding before and it was pushed down), then push the prices and the credit limit up (same ratios). This way idlers (even if they have an rtd script) won't be getting the same proportion of credits as they were before. Maybe we just have it 1 credit per kill, kill 60 people in an hour, get 120 points instead of 60, and double prices for everything, so its all the same to players, but idlers get half the amount.

Summary:
    • Give us credits for stuff like killing people
    • Push the prices and credit limit up
    • Nothing changes for regulars, idlers get less credits proportionately

NOTE: this looks much better written down than it did in my head, as far as to be not completely unthinkable.

Or we could prevent people from gaining credits if they havn't increased their score for x amount of time, although it could be worked around with scripts.[/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:23:24 am by Avenger »
    Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

Mayor McCheese

• "Its a Birthdefect!"
      • mah facebook
    « Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 01:26:54 pm »
    no warning needed. im just predicting potential future problems.
    RTD Gamings Self-Proclaimed Theory Crafter,
    And Professional Russian

Halorym

• Shot through the heart, and I'm to blame
    « Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 05:22:52 pm »
    Stryder was doing this a few weeks ago, we called admin, nothing was done

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
    • RTD Junkie Member
    « Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 08:06:40 pm »
    Hm, drastic solution that'll never happen:
    Make it so you get credits from killing people (and maybe from rtding, I know I've suggested credits from rtding before and it was pushed down), then push the prices and the credit limit up (same ratios). This way idlers (even if they have an rtd script) won't be getting the same proportion of credits as they were before. Maybe we just have it 1 credit per kill, kill 60 people in an hour, get 120 points instead of 60, and double prices for everything, so its all the same to players, but idlers get half the amount.

Summary:
    • Give us credits for stuff like killing people
    • Push the prices and credit limit up
    • Nothing changes for regulars, idlers get less credits proportionately
    NOTE: this looks much better written down than it did in my head, as far as to be not completely unthinkable.

Or we could prevent people from gaining credits if they havn't increased their score for x amount of time, although it could be worked around with scripts.

Sounds awesome, except for friends who come on and farm credits off eachother. But that's more easily detectable and bannable I suppose.

Edit: Whoa, my quote failed there. No idea why.
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:58:06 pm by Gibus-Toting Irishman »
    Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Abridge

• Roll Stacker #1 AKA The Pumpkin Man
    « Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 08:33:23 pm »
    Well there are 2 servers now, and credits are being spent now that trinkets are out, but you do get more credits from donations now, but not everyone trust giving money through the internet