Team Fortress 2 > Cheaters/Hackers/Griefers/Bans

Sp@m (CREDIT FARMING)

(1/9) > >>

JebBush:
Sorry, I failed to get his Steam ID...he's always on, though, so you should be able to find him.

I've noticed him doing this for several weeks now. He'll idle in spawn, go spectate, then come back. He's only present when there's very few people on like in the early afternoon.

I finally had a talk with some other folks to witness his silly behavior and took some screens of the brief convo.

I'm not sure what your policy is on credit farming, but I feel it should be a ban-able offense. :/ I work hard for my credits. Everyone should have to.

That is all, thank you.

Avenger:
He comes on fairly early (early enough for me to see him), but he did play... most of the time. I don't think you have to worry about him credit farming, he seemed to spend it all on crouch invis when he was playing with me.

JebBush:
10-4. He was AFK for about 2 or 3 hours today....just figured I'd post my concerns.

I don't like playing 2v2 w/ my medic AFK.

Jarrett000:
Here are some of the reasons why this isn't that huge of a problem:

1. He's fairly nice guy that doesn't get into a whole lot of trouble or accused of anything (besides this)

--- Quote from: JebBush on September 16, 2011, 06:19:31 pm --- He'll idle in spawn, go spectate, then come back.

--- End quote ---
You can't get credits in spectate.

--- Quote from: JebBush on September 16, 2011, 06:19:31 pm --- He's only present when there's very few people on like in the early afternoon.

--- End quote ---
He's not taking up an important slot.

Since we didn't do anything (to my knowledge) a long while back to Sting when he was accused of credit-idling, if something happens to Sp@m, he'll eventually bring up this point and whatever punishment we gave him would be negated. However, if you see him using an idling program that makes him run around, spin, or twitch every so often, that's 100% different, but the reason he gets moved to spectate is because the afk manager moves him, but it doesn't kick him because the server is so empty at the time. It keeps in those afks so the server looks more populated and attractive to random people scrolling the list of servers. Once the server populates a bit, he gets kicked out.

Gibus-Toting Irishman:
Wait, are you saying credit farming is okay?

That's... no good at all. Just tell him to stop, I'm sure he'll understand. He's been here a while.

If he gets to keep doing it then I'll start doing it, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version