Author Topic: Sp@m (CREDIT FARMING)  (Read 7784 times)

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: Sp@m (CREDIT FARMING)
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 09:55:55 pm »
My take:  if he wants to waste his whole day idling: so be it.  You get 60 credits in an hour.  You could get that much in presents in 3 seconds.  His call.  Does this really effect you guys?

If he's idling when people want to get in the server and play:  now we have a problem.  Or if hes idling when like 4 people or so want to play a game; again, problem.

Focus on the ladder, not the first one.

JebBush

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 02:14:13 pm »
What ladder?

The latter was my initial concern, although I thought framing was an offense as well.

It's very frustrating to have an AFK when playing 2v2.

Fuck water.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 02:57:41 pm »
You get 60 credits in an hour.  You could get that much in presents in 3 seconds.

Recent update fixed this issue: http://wiki.rtdgaming.com/wiki/Presents#Drop_rate
Basically credits are now rarer to find in presents.

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 03:00:20 pm »
You get 60 credits in an hour.  You could get that much in presents in 3 seconds.

Recent update fixed this issue: http://wiki.rtdgaming.com/wiki/Presents#Drop_rate
Basically credits are now rarer to find in presents.

Hm, maybe I should change my increase of armor and credits found in presents perks then. :\

cball2

• RTD Noob
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 05:55:53 pm »
Sp@me here (reg'ed just for this)

Not farming...just wanted to play, waiting for others....and as with most people, I do have things come up and go afk.

instead of letting your minds race with horrors of some credit farming terrorist plot against RTDGAMING, imagine a realistic option, that others are just waiting for more players to join, may have had a phone call, needed to go to the bathroom, eat....answer the door, etc, etc...i.e..that no malice is involved, people just have real life things come up for a few minutes (gasp, eek, egads,  ??? :o :-\ ya, it can happen).

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 06:07:17 pm »
Sp@me here (reg'ed just for this)

Not farming...just wanted to play, waiting for others....and as with most people, I do have things come up and go afk.

instead of letting your minds race with horrors of some credit farming terrorist plot against RTDGAMING, imagine a realistic option, that others are just waiting for more players to join, may have had a phone call, needed to go to the bathroom, eat....answer the door, etc, etc...i.e..that no malice is involved, people just have real life things come up for a few minutes (gasp, eek, egads,  ??? :o :-\ ya, it can happen).

Yeah we know, except you can't really wait for people to join when there are already people there, and going to the toilet doesn't tae 30-120 mins, for me anyway.
Not that it really matters.
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

TehMan

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 08:22:43 pm »

Yeah we know, except you can't really wait for people to join when there are already people there, and going to the toilet doesn't take 4-5 hours when no one is in the server, for me anyway.
Not that it really matters.

Fixed.

Abridge smd.  "I can't I'm too far away"  That's your reason???

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 08:29:28 pm »

nope

Fixed.
It depends, sometimes it can be hours at a time, but sometimes its not that bad.
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 10:13:43 pm »
Sp@m here (reg'ed just for this)

....then who's this? D:
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 01:13:52 am »
Sp@m here (reg'ed just for this)

....then who's this? D:

It's sp@m. Maybe he forgot his password or something.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 10:21:45 am »

This is still being discussed?

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 07:38:03 pm »
I don't think people really care about him farming credits, God knows everyone has enough already. (Apart from me, but I don't play much)

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 09:13:17 pm »
I don't think people really care about him farming credits, God knows everyone has enough already. (Apart from me, but I don't play much)

I need some credits mind sharing.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 04:03:01 pm »
My problem that I'm seeing with this is that a team because 2v4 versus 3v4 with the AFK absence. It's one thing to idle, it's another thing to be afk 90% of the time.

Go to spectate if something comes up.

Bamboy

• RTD Noob
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 12:34:49 am »
I'm pretty sure I saw him on yesterday or the day before when I came home from school. He was on my team and wasn't doing anything other than sitting in the spawn room. There was a spy and a sniper on the red team and the spy kept owning me no matter what class I chose. It was a payload map.
I don't remember all that well if it was Sp@m but I think it was.

Anyway, about the afk system, depending on how it works, it is extremely easy to go around it using the developer's console. I'm not going to say what command because I don't want everyone to start using it and go afk.

As for credit for killing players instead of time based credit..
I don't like this idea because then the players who killed more people during a round would get more credits which would result in the player getting more powerful from trinkets which would result in more kills for the player... and so on, then given a few days the player would have 1st rank with 500,000 kills or some crap.

What would be better, is if someone made the afk system (or a separate timed system) stop giving a player credits after the player does not send any commands to the server for [Insert afk time here] AND the player's position has not changed in the last [Insert afk time here].

While you are at it you could also change the code for the afk system to include the commands being sent to the server part. This should get rid of that work-around using the console.  :P