Author Topic: Treasure Chest!  (Read 10722 times)

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
Re: Treasure Chest!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:07:31 pm »
I would rather have 200 credits than 10 dice...
I would rather have 10 dice than 200 credits; it all depends on your current dice amount. ;)

I literally have so many dice I don't know what to do with them all. All the perks available range from utterly useless to useful once in 100 games. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel, here.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 09:26:23 pm »
I would rather have 200 credits than 10 dice...
I would rather have 10 dice than 200 credits; it all depends on your current dice amount. ;)

I literally have so many dice I don't know what to do with them all. All the perks available range from utterly useless to useful once in 100 games. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel, here.

Well, I(1623) have a hell of a lot less dice than you(7410), and I just barely manage to get most of the useful ones. So while a dice or two is fine once in a while, I'd much rather get their equivilant in credits, as I can use credits for anything.
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
    • Cotonti CMS - Fast, Clean, Secure
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 09:35:52 pm »
Let there be a chance to find a Trap too!, with appropriate audio clip. And then have like 10 zombies spawn around the player and a few bombs.

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »
I'm bored, so I'm going to make my version of a percentage list just to throw ideas around ;)

40%- 50 credits (if all else fails, the key you picked up instead of a die will get you enough credits to buy that die)
25%- 10 seconds of deployable Instakills
15%- Low Trinket (if Trinkets are full, you can scrap it, fuse it, replace it, or just take 150 credits)
8%- 250 credits (cost of a red die ;) )
6%- Medium Trinket (if Trinkets are full, you can scrap it, fuse it, replace it, or just take 500 credits)
4%- High Trinket (if Trinkets are full, you can scrap it, fuse it, replace it, or just take 1500 credits
2%- Maximum Trinket (if Trinkets are full, you can scrap it, fuse it, replace it, or just take 5000 credits)

Might have some flaws, but everything is fixable. I didn't put anything negative because dice are never negative, and if it's taking up a dice spawn slot, it better be equal, if not better. Didn't put actual dice because people with tons of dice would find Treasure Chests less valuable to them personally.
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 10:01:35 pm »
I'm bored, so I'm going to make my version of a percentage list just to throw ideas around ;)

40%- 50 credits (if all else fails, the key you picked up instead of a die will get you enough credits to buy that die)
25%- 10 seconds of deployable Instakills
15%- Low Trinket (if Trinkets are full, you can scrap it, fuse it, replace it, or just take 150 credits)
8%- 250 credits (cost of a red die ;) )
6%- Medium Trinket (if Trinkets are full, you can scrap it, fuse it, replace it, or just take 500 credits)
4%- High Trinket (if Trinkets are full, you can scrap it, fuse it, replace it, or just take 1500 credits
2%- Maximum Trinket (if Trinkets are full, you can scrap it, fuse it, replace it, or just take 5000 credits)

Might have some flaws, but everything is fixable. I didn't put anything negative because dice are never negative, and if it's taking up a dice spawn slot, it better be equal, if not better. Didn't put actual dice because people with tons of dice would find Treasure Chests less valuable to them personally.

I like it. However I'd like the trinket ones to be convertible into creds even if you don't have a full inventory.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

JebBush

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 10:25:58 pm »
Chance -------------- Result

90% ------------------ 10 credits
80% ------------------ 25 credits
70% ------------------ 50 credits
60% ------------------ 100 credits
50% ------------------ 1 dice
40% ------------------ 2 dice
30% ------------------ 3 dice
20% ------------------ 200 credits
15% ------------------ 300 credits
10% ------------------ 5 dice
  5% ------------------ 500 credits
  2% ------------------ 10 dice
  1% ------------------ 250 credits +5 dice

90+80+70+60+50+40+30+20+15+10+5+2+1 = 473, % means "out of 100". You need to brush up on math skills, unless you meant for them all to be stackable. Incidently, if they are stackable you have a 0.000000054432% chance of getting everything.

Yea...explain that well enough. I meant the percentages to reflect how often you'd get something for using a key, not a percentile chance of getting something.

Allow me to revamp for odds:

#of hits to reward ratios on average.

2:1    ------------------ 10 credits
3:1    ------------------ 25 credits
5:1    ------------------ 50 credits
10:1  ------------------ 100 credits
15:1  ------------------ 1 dice
20:1  ------------------ 2 dice
25:1  ------------------ 3 dice
50:1  ------------------ 200 credits
65:1  ------------------ 300 credits
75:1  ------------------ 5 dice
100:1  ------------------ 500 credits
150:1  ------------------ 10 dice
200:1  ------------------ 250 credits +5 dice

Keep in mind I don't like doing math. Haven't had to do anything outside of budgeting since high-school. I'll let you guys figure out the percentages/odds, these are just a guideline.

Also, I don't think trinkets should even be including unless they're ultra-hard to get from the chest. If they are included, though, they should follow the same guide lines for rarity as purchasing.

Fuck water.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 12:34:10 am »
Oh there might be some confusion in the key idea. I just got home and I have plenty of time to explain it so here it goes.

Mechanics:
On setup, when dice deposits spawn, there is a 5% chance any of the spawned deposits will be a Treasure Chest but there will be no more than 2 active Treasure Chests. Any player can pick up the Chest with +USE. Once picked up the Treasure Chest is equipped and acts as a backpack slot meaning you can't carry redbull, cows, spiders and any other RTD equipables. When Dice spawn there is a 5% chance for it to be a key (Red Dice have a 5% chance of spawning). Players must use +USE to pick up the key and equip it. To open a Treasure Chest the player must have either it or a key equipped and then must use +USE on the other item. Let's say a player has a Treasure Chest equipped, to open it the player needs to find a key and press +USE on the key. Similarly, if the player has a key equipped then they must use +USE on a Treasure Chest to open it.

Treasure Chests and Keys disappear if they are not picked up within 10 minutes. Once equipped they will only last 15 minutes before destroying themselves. Any equipped Chests or Keys will last between rounds. Opening Chests will be difficult but they will be extremely rewarding.

Rewards:
TBD
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:39:53 am by Fox »

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 01:57:58 am »
What if 2 teammates have the treasure chest and key? what if one hides in spawn?

P-p-problems!

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 02:33:41 am »
What if 2 teammates have the treasure chest and key? what if one hides in spawn?

P-p-problems!

er... I don't think people will get that obsessive over the chests.

Unless there's a chance of hearing Fox speak inside.

THEN.

I.

WILL.

KILL.

ANYONE.

IN. MY. WAY.

JebBush

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 04:14:11 pm »
Wow. So within the same round you must survive with the chest (or key) on your back and run into a key (or chest) to open one?

I'm assuming if you're killed that these chests/keys can be picked up by others.

I still like the idea, but the rewards better be pretty grand if I'm gonna put down my redbull.

Fuck water.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 07:02:22 pm »
Hmm I'm having some problems locating a Treasure Chest model. I tried the chest from the bounty hat but its texture are very small.

FruitSnacks

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »
why not just do it like i posted in this thread?

it would make it much easier instead of removing some dice for keys?

http://www.rtdgaming.com/index.php?topic=1424.0

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 08:59:58 pm »
Nah, I really want to do my idea.

Bpapman has suggested the folling for the chest and I think it's neat: http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/screens/54255?screen=1
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:01:50 pm by Fox »

FruitSnacks

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 09:05:10 pm »
Nah, I really want to do my idea.

Bpapman has suggested the folling for the chest and I think it's neat: http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/screens/54255?screen=1

thats fine, everyone has their own ideas.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2011, 09:54:25 pm »
Treasure Chest
Had a discussion with Bpapman and I agreed to make it spawn on kill rather than spawning in place of a dice and a dice deposit. The chances for either a Treasure Chest or a Key to spawn will be really low. Also, instead of being +USE activated it'll be picked up once your near it (just like redbull, backpacks, etc).

Looking for a model for the Key.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:59:59 pm by Fox »