Author Topic: What's this Trivia doing in my TF2? (Incoming addition) (Target: November)  (Read 7032 times)

Dragnix

• RTD Junkie Member
Playing around with some things, and I remember that trivia night used to be sorta popular and then died off. Well, playing around with the mod a little bit, and I think I may have something new here.

I'm going to embed a Trivia function within the mod itself, and host (with Fox/John's permission) starting in November, a trivia night. It'll be pretty straight forward:

1) Round will start, and the trivia function will be turned on.
2) At the starter's discretion, or it may be timed based if wanted, a question will appear in the chat window.
3) To answer, one must type in chat "!answer <>". Voice answers don't count.
4) It'll keep track of score, and will end when that map is finished with.

The list of questions will be preprogrammed, aka, will most likely be in a file or the DB. Spelling counts.

I plan (with Fox's/John permission), to start this event in November, maybe even sooner depending on my schedule to work on it.

And of course, there would be prizes, which I'll be giving out if I'm hosting it.

My current Plan:

1st Night: November 5th, 2011:
Theme:     RTD related questions -> Questions about the mod, players, dice, etc.
Prize:
1st Place)    Backpack Expander
2nd Place)   Random Hat
3rd Place)    1 paint (not black/white/team spirit)

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
Re: What's this Trivia doing in my TF2? (Incoming addition) (Target: November)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 02:07:26 pm »
Hm, so do you want us to supply some RTD related questions?
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 03:15:05 pm »
If I can't go to this, I do want to see what questions are asked. :)

But I will try my best to go to this event if it happens.

JebBush

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 04:16:41 pm »
I love trivia!

I'm gonna PM you a lengthy list of Q&As to sort through sometime this week(end?).

Fuck water.

John2k4

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • Ready to Roll...
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 08:34:03 pm »
Sorry I haven't been on Steam for 3 days Drag, been having issues with things in my computer.

I'm thrilled there's finally going to be a good question/scoring system for this!  ;D

I'll start collecting questions and whatnot, and I'll get you a list soon. How many questions do you want for the first event?

Dragnix

• RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 08:21:44 am »
Questions are appreciated, but the thing is that I don't want too many people putting in questions or the whole "knowing what's going to be asked" thing is going to come up.

As for the number of questions, unsure as of yet.

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 11:30:24 am »
Send me all the questions and answers, then I'll send them to Dragnix, then Dragnix uses only those questions that've been though me, while I'm in the server. And make 1st place more rewarding
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

John2k4

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • Ready to Roll...
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 06:48:11 pm »
On a serious note, since I was doing the trivia a lot earlier in the year, I can supply you with a good variety of questions, Drag. ;)

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 09:22:51 pm »
On a serious note, since I was doing the trivia a lot earlier in the year, I can supply you with a good variety of questions, Drag. ;)

No goddamnit your questions are all about video games and I'm shitty at video game trivia.

Corrupted Data I think, whoever it was that gave away that racing game had some good questions.

Send me all the questions and answers, then I'll send them to Dragnix, then Dragnix uses only those questions that've been though me, while I'm in the server. And make 1st place more rewarding

A backpack expander is several keys. That's a huge reward.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box

No goddamnit your questions are all about video games and I'm shitty at video game trivia.

Theme:     RTD related questions -> Questions about the mod, players, dice, etc.

^^

John2k4

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • Ready to Roll...
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 01:12:38 pm »
Exactly - I still have a file of RTD-based trivia that I never used. ;)

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 01:16:02 pm »

^^

Oh, I didn't see that. Well then the trivia will have to be ridiculously obscure or it'll be a typing contest. Pretty much everyone who's a regular knows everything about the rolls and such.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 02:15:09 pm »
I have tons of crates and some paint to offer as consolation prizes.

JebBush

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 03:18:01 pm »
I personally think the trivia questions should be general knowledge on a variety of subjects. That way a new person who's never played on the server before will have an opportunity to participate and do well as opposed to just being destroyed by the regulars.

Categories:
Math, Science, History, Movies, Automotive, Music, SOME RTD, Geography, Current Events, etc...

...I am more than capable of making a list of excellent questions and don't mind being excluded from participating since I'd know some of the Q's As.

Fuck water.

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 03:30:44 pm »
I personally think the trivia questions should be general knowledge on a variety of subjects. That way a new person who's never played on the server before will have an opportunity to participate and do well as opposed to just being destroyed by the regulars.

Categories:
Math, Science, History, Movies, Automotive, Music, SOME RTD, Geography, Current Events, etc...

...I am more than capable of making a list of excellent questions and don't mind being excluded from participating since I'd know some of the Q's As.

I agree with this, I would love to do some history, music and geography questions.

Perhaps you could make it so anyone could upload questions and start a session of trivia?