Author Topic: Gravity Strategy  (Read 1433 times)

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
Gravity Strategy
« on: November 13, 2011, 11:55:53 pm »
No clue why people still don't know this, I still see it being unknown. This key piece of information is what makes people think this roll is intended to be a neutral or bad roll.

Crouching with this roll in use will bring you back to the ground quickly

Now that that's out of the way, time for some strategy discussion.

Of course, this will always be the preferred way to get dice that are out of reach. Heck, I bound "buy gravity" to Mouse4 for easy access since I use it so much. It's only 10 credits, so it's worth it if you know you'll be the one to get the die if you buy it. Yeah, you're spending credits for dice, but if you get it, it's like buying a die 40 credits off (that's an entire Spider! :O)! Even if you somehow not get it, you'll still probably get it the next time for a saving of 30 credits instead, which isn't too bad at all. Plus the crits, health, and ammo are always helpful, so you might as well try.

Besides dice, gravity is also useful for non Soldier/Demo classes that want to get on a battlement, jump over wall, or want to go for an airstrike. I do this every now and then as well. Since it's bound, I might as well (the only problem is I already play Soldier and Demo a lot, so it's not as needed as you'd think it would be for me).

Anything else you like to use Gravity for?
Just don't whine about how you bound your crouch and jump key together so you can't use the roll. That's your fault. Bind that stuff to a new key and keep your regular layout for once (space jump ctrl crouch). Need a key? I got tons of 'em free that I use for my RTD Info binds; hit me up.
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Weston404

Re: Gravity Strategy
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 12:31:45 am »
I have buying gravity bound in case I see a dice in a high place, comes in handy.

Tenebrae

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:22:29 am »
Buy gravity, acquire dice.

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 03:28:59 am »
Gravity is a great tool for a disguised or invisibly spy hunting an entrenched engineer. Float up up up, uncloak, drift into position.. Then crouch and sting like a French bee. Some quick sapping later and you have one defunct Engineer nest.

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 05:40:17 pm »
I like to use gravity to stay on the ground.
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.