Author Topic: Medic Rolls and You  (Read 3902 times)

Maximo

• Game Admins
Medic Rolls and You
« on: November 14, 2011, 03:17:45 am »
Hello, everyone! I'm sure you all know who I am at this point, so let's cut to the chase. This is a thread about using the various Medic-oriented rolls we have on our server to boost your preferred practice of medicine.

First, let's talk about the standard Medic role - support.

The rolls that you'll want to be eyeing are:

- Medi-Ray-Dar
- Upgraded Medigun
- Ubercharger (Either with the "Self-Charging Medic" perk or gifting it to your desired medic buddy)

These three rolls are the main tools for a Medic who's got that healin' fever. Pick any two, and then combine it with Armor for best results. My personal loadout is the MedirayDar, Ubercharger and Armor. If possible I also obtain a Redbull, Healthregen and Invis on Low Health, but having all of these things at once is highly unlikely.

Once you have this setup, you can simply play as normal - The MedirayDar will both boost your Ubercharge meter, and ensure that even when you're focusing on that skilled Heavy, your other, squishier teammates won't go dead. The Upgraded Medigun will bring gravely wounded fighters back from the brink, and the Ubercharger ensures that your enemies get only the briefest respites from your superpowered pushes. I gaurantee, however, that this will make you a high-value target, which is why I recommend a good old fashioned coat of armor and environmental awareness.

Then there's that Other thing..

The second medicine man role: Battle-Medic. You better believe that our little mod has the tools you need to take your game to a whole new level. The rolls you'll want are:

- Ammo Regen
- Berserker
- Ze Uberbow
- Crit Spurts (Not sure of this combo is possible with the credit limit)

Along with the toting of a Crusader's Crossbow and normal Medigun.

This is an evil setup that also gaurantees attention, but it requires a Crossbow.
    Ammo Regen will increase the amount of arrows in the Crossbow's "clip", basically preventing you from needing to reload. The count goes to ridiculous heights- over 40 arrows before a reload is required, and constantly regenerating - far more than you could ever fire efficiently. Unless, that is, you were also sporting Berserker, which turns you into a regular medieval chaingun. You'll be firing arrows so fast and furiously that most enemies won't even get a chance to react before they drop - but their friends will, as zeroing in on a new target might take a few misses. To top things off, Ze Uberbow will fill your Ubercharge meter by 10% with every successful hit, so when the enemy decides they're sick of your shenanigans, whip out your medigun, Ubercharge yourself and get the hell out of there.
    Now there's lots of things that can complement this. Armor gives you more survivability, but if you're good enough the Uberbow should be enough. A Mediray-Dar makes you a little more supportive of your team, in case you still care about those guys. A Redbull will compound your deadliness by a lot, but makes you an even juicier target for spies. Just experiment with it!

Some things to always remember, no one cares about the rules of war out here. You will be targeted, and mercilessly! A kitted out Medic can make and break a team - that is, make yours, break theirs. So Watch Your Back! If at all possible, obtain class immunity to spies - Some might say snipers are the better choice, but you can usually know where and when a sniper is on the prowl. Also consider Health Regen and Invis on Low Health.

That's my little mini strategy on being the best medic you can be on our server. Any thoughts from my fellow regulars?

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
Re: Medic Rolls and You
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 04:07:58 am »
If at all possible, obtain class immunity to spies - Some might say snipers are the better choice, but you can usually know where and when a sniper is on the prowl.

Another thing: a backstab will in all likelihood break through your armor and kill you, and if it doesn't it'll at least wipe your armor clean. However Sniper bullets are fully blocked by armor especially since it will also negate headshots; a fully charged Machina Sniper would never do more than 200 damage.

So Spy Immunity is clearly the better choice.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 02:52:18 pm »
A recommendation on my part:

If the server has less then 12 people in it, do not go supermedic (buying the above roles in combination for support medic). It will clear a server out and fast.

And yes this is directed at you Maximo

CorgiBukakke

• Look out world!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 02:53:19 pm »

If the server has less then 12 people in it, do not go supermedic (buying the above roles in combination for support medic). It will clear a server out and fast.

could play spy and end it : (

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 02:55:17 pm »

Any competent medic that's roll stack is constantly checking his back. Spies are good when the enemy isn't expecting it, but when they are expecting it, it doesn't work. He's also telling his buddies to check as well.

It doesn't work.

CorgiBukakke

• Look out world!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 03:00:48 pm »

Any competent medic that's roll stack is constantly checking his back. Spies are good when the enemy isn't expecting it, but when they are expecting it, it doesn't work. He's also telling his buddies to check as well.

It doesn't work.

I always find a way : (
I don't play medic often myself like I used to.

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 03:12:06 pm »
personally, if I were to go against a super-medic of the above descriptions, i'd just buy armor and invisibility. bamf.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 04:27:07 pm »
personally, if I were to go against a super-medic of the above descriptions, i'd just buy armor and invisibility. bamf.

Invisiblity there's reduced damage.

Armor will only keep alive longer, but the problem there is the ubercharger: the medic by that time has probably built enough ubercharge to use it.

Honestly, I think the biggest problem is that ubercharger in a game under so many players can ridculously unbalance the game. There's not enough force from the other team to be able to overcome it, unless a spy/sniper is able to get him, if that.

Halorym

• Shot through the heart, and I'm to blame
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 06:33:52 pm »
With battle-medic, you want the amputator for set bonus, and your rapidfire crossbow makes for an amazing long distance healer if you can aim well enough, I usually just spray a crowd 'trying' to hit enemies but at the same time spraying teammates I see beginning to flee

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 10:40:05 pm »
Whenever someone's rollstacking and I want them to stop, I just buy instant kills.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Halorym

• Shot through the heart, and I'm to blame
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 11:14:35 pm »

kaveradeo

• yep
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 11:14:49 pm »
i was in a car accident on 11/11/11 at 11:11 pm. i left the scene with minor bruises. i have come to the conclusion i am invincible.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 11:34:05 pm »
Thats not really relevant or possible.  What kind of car was it?  What intersection?  Who was driving?  Where were you going?  What day of the week was it?

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 12:34:18 pm »
What day of the week was it?
11/11/11 was a friday. Atleast, here in England it was friday...
Then again, 11/11/11 could mean 11th November 11 AD, as he forgot to include the 20 infront of the 11. In that case. I have no idea how it is possible to answer any of your questions.
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

kaveradeo

• yep
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 12:23:48 am »
Got T boned on the busiest street in the city.