Author Topic: Pirate day / Invasion  (Read 3732 times)

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Pirate day / Invasion
« on: November 19, 2011, 10:16:40 am »
Ahoy you landlubbers!

I brought up this idea the other day on RTD and it seemed to get some positive attention so I'll post more in detail of what I'm planning.

Basically, dress your TF2 character up in pirate like gear, use piratey weapons (will explain in the next post), talk like a pirate, have pirate avatars, names, and pirate sprays.  Then, depending on what guys would like to do, we invade a random server (most likely a valve server) and just go pirate nuts.  Thumbtacks / Rambo (or anyone else): you might want to use the replay to record the shenanigans.

TLDR: Dress up as pirates, do pirate things.

Player List:

1.) Spycheck
2.) Jarrett (maybe)
3.) Panzer
4.) Rhia
5.) John
6.) Rick
7.) Dragnix

Date to be announced... Probably on a weekend.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:13:07 pm by Spycheckme! »

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: Pirate day / Invasion
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 10:50:51 am »
Costumes

This is the problem that was brought up:  Hats and costumes.  Not everyone has pirate stuff.  Now everyone immediately thinks of the demoman when they think of pirate right?  Well some other classes have pirate like stuff too.  I'll go through them.  Also I'll list some weapons to use that are pirate like.  Keep in mind that the weapons are just suggestions.  If you really want to use a sniper rifle or minigun: go for it.  If you can figure out a creative way to make a modern weapon seem pirate (gunslinger = captain hook) even better.

Scout
Hats:  Hero's tail, maybe ye olde baker boy
Misc: Goggles
Weapons:  All scout primarys are fine, secondary you should use a pistol melee would go great with the sword, fish or boston basher.

Soldier
Hats:  Steel Pot, brain bucket or salty dog
Misc: Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe
Weapons: Rocket launchers are fine (IE Pirate cannons), shotguns are fine, buff banner and conch too, melee weapons are all fine.  Just avoid lasers or modern looking stuff.

Pyro
Hats: Rubber glove, little buddy, steel toe, bird cage are fine
Misc: Apparition's Aspect
Weapons:  Try to avoid using the flamethrower if you can, Flare gun is fine as are shotguns, most melee is fine (not the postal Pummeler though or powerjack)

Demonman
Hats: Carouser's Capotain, Tippler's Tricorne, Rimmed Raincatcher, Buccaneer's Bicorne  (gotta feeling most will be demomen)
Misc: A Whiff of the Old Brimstone
Weapons: Pipe bombs are fine (cannons), Stickies are o.k too (grenandes), sheilds too, Melee should be swords or bottles

Heavy
Hats:  Heavy duty rag, One-Man Army, Coupe D'isaster
Misc: None really
Weapons: Try to limit minigun use, shotguns / sandvich are fine, most melee is fine; try to avoid using gloves.

Engineer
Hats:  Hetman's Headpiece, Big Country‎, Texas Slim's Dome Shine
Misc: Builder's Blueprints (maps!), Wingstick
Weapons:  Try to avoid teleporters and sentries if you can, dispensers are fine (drink station!).  Shotguns are fine except the widowmaker,  pistol is fine, all wrenches are fine and the gunslinger as well (captain hook ;) )

Medic  (having a tough time with this one)
Hats:  Grimm hatte
Misc: Blighted Beak, Physician's Procedure Mask
Weapons:  Bow is the only thing that seems pirate like... mediguns are out too...  Saws are fine, don't see a problem with the healing taunt.  Meh, no one plays medic anyway.

Sniper
Hats: Your Worst Nightmare, Trophy Belt, Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative, Ol' Snaggletooth
Misc: Villain's Veil, Crocodile Smile
Weapons:  If you're using the sniper rifle as like bolt action rifles (no scoping) thats fine, all secondaries except the SMG are fine, all kukris are fine. 

Spy
Hats: Magistrate's Mullet
Misc: Spectre's Spectacles, Made Man, Rogue's Col Roule, Camera Beard
Weapons:  Revolvers are fine (except the diamondback), all knives are fine, sappers are fine (gotta kill engy shit somehow), cloaking is fine

All class hats:  Ghastly Gibus, alien swarm parasite, horrific headsplitter, any of the bounty hats and their upgrades (I suggest this), world traveler hat, paper hat
All class Misc:  Metals are fine, as is the bomonomicon

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 11:02:39 am »
FAQ

This is stupid, you're stupid.  Why do this?

Its a funny idea.  If you don't want to do it... then don't.

I don't have a hat / weapons... Can I still participate?

Sure.  Its just a suggestion, not necessary.  You could always borrow from someone.  I tried to pick hats that looked piratey, that everyone has (paper hat / bounty hat are all class hats, look piratey).  Most melee weapons that are sword like will work.  Or just be a cannoneer and use the rocket launcher.

When are we doing this?

I haven't set a date up yet.  We'll discuss it and agree on a day.  Most likely Fri - Sun

I WANNA BE CAPTAIN!  I WANNA BE CAPTAIN!

Heh we'll come up with names, avatars, sprays and stuff int his thread too.  Some examples:

Cookie (ships cook)  (Demopan)
Tick the crocodile (sniper with crocodile set on)
Captain hook (engineer using the gunslinger)

Whats the point?

Talk like a pirate, have a good time, have fun, laugh and enjoy.  If you want to play to win and be SUPER LEET, don't join.  We're going to lose probably, we might win.  Whatever.  Its suppose to be goofy and fun and not to be taken seriously.

John2k4

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • Ready to Roll...
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 01:42:00 pm »
I'm in for this.

Rhia

• Game Admins
    • Mermaid Illustration
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 02:40:08 pm »
Talk like a pirate day is on September 19th.

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 03:09:16 pm »
I have the Trophy Belt and Villain's Veil for Sniper, and I can unequip my Deus Specs.
However, I think scoping should be okay. The scope is already visible on the rifle, and it's not like pirates never ADS.

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 03:38:05 pm »
How about as a pirate name, Deadeye Ramsey(Sniper)?

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 05:43:14 pm »
I have the Trophy Belt and Villain's Veil for Sniper, and I can unequip my Deus Specs.
However, I think scoping should be okay. The scope is already visible on the rifle, and it's not like pirates never ADS.

Thats fine :)

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 08:01:30 pm »
Oo oo Imma use the Bazaar Bargain. Also: I will lend piratey weapons/hats to people that need them. The hats are: A Team Captain, Mutton Chops, Steel Jaw and the Googly Gazer (Gives a rugged look with the Mad Science style). The weapons are: the Black Box (the most piratey RL), Mantreads, Bootlegger, Persian Persuader (Actually resembles a cutlass), Crossbow, Steak, Brass Knuckles, Detonator,  L'Etranger, Dead Ringer, and a Pain Train.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 12:48:20 pm »
Anyone have any spray ideas / avatars / names that would be funny and piratey to use?  Also anymore interest?  Dragonix?  Maxibro? Anyone?

John2k4

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • Ready to Roll...
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 01:06:40 pm »
Get music - You are a Pirate.  ;D

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 08:47:05 pm »
Pirates of the Carribean theme :D Even if you like it, listening to You are a Pirate can get a bit boring.
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 08:11:22 pm »
Start coming up with pirate names and sprays too.  I'm thinking that sometime in January we can do this.  I'll be Davy Jones :D

Halorym

• Shot through the heart, and I'm to blame
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 02:36:20 pm »

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 03:12:32 pm »
Exactly!