Author Topic: Perk guide: What are the best perks?  (Read 1259 times)

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Perk guide: What are the best perks?
« on: December 10, 2011, 09:40:36 am »
Hello this is a quick guide (and discussion) about perks.  I hear this question often of semi new players who just start leveling up and receiving dice:  What perks should I get first?  I hope this guide can help answer that

If you plan on playing on rtd for a long time and can wait for a few dice levels before getting some perks power perks I recommend getting the dice miner perks.  These will help you level up your dice faster before rounds by giving you more dice :)  I also recommend the present perks.  Presents drop all the time from player deaths.  Getting lots of credits from them, armor, and health (while avoiding the bad effects) is extremely useful for every class and scenario.

Spycheck's list of "essential" perks in no particular order:

Amplifiers let you deal minicrit damage and not receive minicrit damage.
Supply cabinets only heal your team.
Disarming bombs and getting them to throw.
Better chance to roll a good roll.
Chance of resetting the timer on death.
Punching dummy can stun.
Backpacks give double items per point.
Redbull speed increase.

Depending on the class you play a lot, you may wish to put your points elsewhere (like engineer rolls, or medic rolls).  A lot of it depends on your play style and what rolls you like (I love spiders, so I maxxed that roll out with perks when I got the chance).

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
Re: Perk guide: What are the best perks?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 12:55:41 pm »
I disagree about the bomb perk; it's very easy to just get away from the bombs, and if they're just fire and ice bombs it won't affect you much.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

DOA

• dueling whore
    • Screenshotshit
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 01:40:54 pm »
More armor found in presents

is my pick for an essential perk to have. Getting 150+ armor from a small present is pretty very handy in most situations haha.

Times kicked for winning a duel : 2

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 05:13:07 pm »
The good thing about those bomb perks isn't really the escaping the explosion part, it's the fact that you get to reuse them and it's pretty much a free roll.
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 05:24:18 pm »
if you plan on playing on the server for a long time, the first perk you should get is a better chance of mining dice. You will save so much time getting to milestones if you get that right off the bat.