Author Topic: RTD Ideas  (Read 48575 times)

CarlZalph

RTD Ideas
« on: December 26, 2009, 10:07:57 am »
This topic is solely for ideas, not for other already implemented things like the dice system.

What would be acceptable to post would be something along the lines of new rolls.
Or even a new way to accomplish something for Rtd. (15 kills in a row = 1 die, etc)

Seeming as High proclaimed in another thread that you're all streaming new ideas, I'd like to see you all compile them in a somewhat neat fashion.

A guideline could be;
Roll Name: (Life Steal)
Cost: (20)
Affects: (+1HP on you for each -5HP dealt on an enemy)
Effects: (Blood sprays going from the victim to you)
Class Restrictions: (None)
Other Thoughts: (Very easily made OP if the affects are changed, and the blood should look like the medigun beam with some alterations)

Proceed with your ideas, would you kindly?

The CHA

Re: RTD Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 11:40:52 am »
Roll Name: Trickspencer
Cost: 20
Effects: Drains life (and more notably, ammo!) at a level three dispenser rate, and slows you down. Has a huge 1,500 HP to discourage kiling it. When it reaches 500 HP it will begin ticking and will explode like a bomb (unless it is fully destroyed).
Model Effects: A fake dispenser of the opposite team's color. Explodes the same as a bomb.
Class Restrictions: (None)
Other Thoughts: ~

Roll Name: Travis Touchdown
Cost: 30
Effects: Grants you the awesome model, regeneration, and the 450 damage lightsaber.
Model Effects:

Class Restrictions: Scout

Roll Name: Weak Regeneration
Cost: 10
Effects: 1/3 the rate of the normal regeneration.
Model Effects: Regeneration.
Class Restrictions: ~

Roll Name: Kevlar
Effects: -20% damage incurred until death.
Model Effects: Same as Armor, except a different color?

Roll Name: Rogue
Effects: Critical rate x 3.
Model Effects: Weapon is somewhat shiny?

High

• Game Admins
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 02:48:00 pm »
Roll name: Special Ops goggles.
Cost: 50
Effects: For the player, it is akin to the detective mode vision from Batman Arkham Asylum. See 2:58 in this video:
. Basically, it has two benefits: 1. it allows you to see through walls and stuff. 2. It makes all the visuals much less cluttered and easy to interpret (ie all your enemies are now stark red and allies green, and all the scenery is sort of removed except for the vital stuff for movement).
Model effects: goggles like snake or something? dunno...
Other thoughts: Not sure how well this would pan out. It might be difficult to make the whole seeing through walls thing work where it doesn't confuse you more than help you.

Roll name: Sentry friend
Cost: 25
Effects: Sentries cannot hurt you, nor do you take knockback. They would still target and fire at you, it's just like you have engineer immunity. However, you cannot hurt the sentries. You can remove sappers from enemy or friendly buildings with a single melee hit.
Visual effects: none.
Other thoughts: Seems like it would be a good thing in most cases but bad in some cases (like melee mode used to be). Would be particularly useful for engies just for the 1-hit kill on sappers. Strategy for using it to kill sentries: you can run up to it without fear to kill the engineer behind it, then the team can kill it i suppose.

Roll name: Explosive Shotgun
Cost: 60
Effects: Your shotgun, instead of firing boolets fires rockets. These rockets would fire at DH speed and blast radius and do half the damage of a normal rockets (but still there are a lot so it is very powerful). May have to adjust clip size for balancing. Would simply replace normal shotgun in your weapon array. Other weapons would remain unaffected.
Visual effects: not sure. Maybe none. Possibly a new model for the weapon.
Class restrictions: Only for Soldier, Pyro, heavy, engineer. (Not for solly heavy or pyro if they have alternatives to shotguns equiped).
Other thoughts: Ass kickin!

CorruptStatus

• Game Admins
    • HLStatX: CorruptStatus
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 01:50:56 am »
Roll Name: Tactical Nuke.
Cost: All the credits from every player who played in the server.
Effect: Crashes the server and who decided to call in the nuke is banned from the server.
Class Restriction: None
Other Thoughts: You can only buy this with credits.

Hands down I have the best idea!  ;D

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:43:39 am by CorruptStatus »

JJJG13

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 03:33:58 am »
Name: TeleBullets (or whatever)
Cost:Credits
Effect: Makes your bullets have the same effect as a telesphere, just without the red screen flash deal.
Restrictions: None
Other thoughts: Or change the effect to it teleports them to another spot with a certain radius. To confuse 'em.

Name: Black Scottish Cyclops
Effects: Hulk. Except the forced color is black.
Restrictions: Demoman
OT:Eh.

Name: Twister
Effects: It looks like a tornado that sucks players in. You move incredibly slow while walking away from it, yet incredibly fast towards it. The closer to the center of it you are, the faster/slower you go. Once you hit the center, you get shot directly very high.
Restrictions:Only classes starting with S, P, D, H, E, and M.
OT: The same use as a slow cube, but with a twist.

Oh, and is there a way to disable Prox Stickies for Targe demos and replace it with like infinite charge or something?

ktccd

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 05:31:10 pm »
A engineer-limited roll that I thought of making myself (when I am good enough to not suck ass at coding in Pawn):
Roll Name: (The Spy's banel)
Cost: (50)
Affects: (Any spies coming into the AOE will lose his disguise. Any friendlies coming into the field will lose health (faster than a LV3 dispenser heals))
Effects: (I thought of a cube looking thing, but it would to similiar to the slow-cube, so maybe a glowing marker of sorts on the ground.)
Class Restrictions: (Engineer)
Other Thoughts: (Good to place around sentries etc. but then any friendlies would not be able to come into it, so a daring spy might destroy everything when noone wants to follow him into the field. Placing on choke points would be good to detect spies, but bad since it only removes disguises, so cloaked ones slip past.)
Phlogiston.

tehoreoz

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 08:34:41 pm »
healing wards from wc3 :)

aoe healing from a pole that is set on right click. comes with 3. might need to actually have decent health or will be considered useless.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tehoreoz

hi i main scout

RTD GAMING ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

2nd place 1k dice
2nd place 1.5k dice(or 1st I forgot)
1st place 2k dice
MVP 2009

CarlZalph

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 11:20:54 pm »
Roll Name: Weak Regeneration
Cost: 10
Effects: 1/3 the rate of the normal regeneration.
Model Effects: Regeneration.

Roll Name: Rogue
Effects: Critical rate x 3.
Model Effects: Weapon is somewhat shiny?

Roll name: Sentry friend
Cost: 25
Effects: Sentries cannot hurt you, nor do you take knockback. They would still target and fire at you, it's just like you have engineer immunity. However, you cannot hurt the sentries. You can remove sappers from enemy or friendly buildings with a single melee hit.
Visual effects: none.
Other thoughts: Seems like it would be a good thing in most cases but bad in some cases (like melee mode used to be). Would be particularly useful for engies just for the 1-hit kill on sappers. Strategy for using it to kill sentries: you can run up to it without fear to kill the engineer behind it, then the team can kill it i suppose.

Name: Twister
Effects: It looks like a tornado that sucks players in. You move incredibly slow while walking away from it, yet incredibly fast towards it. The closer to the center of it you are, the faster/slower you go. Once you hit the center, you get shot directly very high.
Restrictions:Only classes starting with S, P, D, H, E, and M.
OT: The same use as a slow cube, but with a twist.

Roll Name: (The Spy's banel)
Cost: (50)
Affects: (Any spies coming into the AOE will lose his disguise. Any friendlies coming into the field will lose health (faster than a LV3 dispenser heals))
Effects: (I thought of a cube looking thing, but it would to similiar to the slow-cube, so maybe a glowing marker of sorts on the ground.)
Class Restrictions: (Engineer)
Other Thoughts: (Good to place around sentries etc. but then any friendlies would not be able to come into it, so a daring spy might destroy everything when noone wants to follow him into the field. Placing on choke points would be good to detect spies, but bad since it only removes disguises, so cloaked ones slip past.)

healing wards from wc3
aoe healing from a pole that is set on right click. comes with 3. might need to actually have decent health or will be considered useless.

The Rolls I'm looking highly on.
The first one would take less than a second to code, really.
The second one is something that'd be a 1-in-X chance for crits.
The third is interesting, might even make the sentries just not even target the person.
The fourth would be heavy coding, but I would like to see a tornado rolling across the lands of Dustbowl.
The fifth is both good and bad; I like that.
The last one is a decently fine idea from Wc3, but I'm not too keen on it.

Once Rtd is back up, I'll be highly motivated to get these implemented.

DeadlyBlonde

• Game Admins
  • RTD Noob
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 10:09:58 am »
On the Spies' bane, I have seen from Starcraft/RPG servers that this ability tends to shut down that class completely.

CtrlAltDelet

• RTD Noob
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 11:25:17 am »
Yeah I don't play spy and even I think an anti-spy disguise roll would make spy's life absolutely unbearable...

if an engy is really concerned about spys at 50 credits id rather just spend it on class immunity and have all my stuff guaranteed not to be destroyed by a good spy..

P.S.

Life steal is hawt... can you imagine sasha + blutsager = hawtness....
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 11:28:43 am by CtrlAltDelet »

ktccd

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 05:42:21 pm »
On the Spies' bane, I have seen from Starcraft/RPG servers that this ability tends to shut down that class completely.

How about making it non-buyable (less chance of encountering it) then, and when inside this field watched recharge twice as fast? This would make the field strategical even to enemy spies (say, using C&D for example, since it only removes disguises, not cloaks). And you'd have to think twice about where you place it then ^^.
Phlogiston.

The Canadian Viscount

• Game Admins
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 05:48:31 pm »
for any of you football people, a negative roll could be rolling "the number 13" (minicrits and mockery for the rest of the pitifull match and a big shiny 13 above you) lol
ps. football isn't my thing it was just funny since that was all you heard about for a week

DeadlyBlonde

• Game Admins
  • RTD Noob
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 07:32:22 pm »
Haha, maybe morph that into a VIP roll. For the duration or until you die, you are the main enemy. When you die, the enemy team gets something neat or maybe your team loses something?

High

• Game Admins
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 08:00:08 pm »
Roll name: Punching bag
Cost: Not buyable.
Effects: -Gives you 500 buff health, -Puts a beacon or some other highly visible marker on you for all to see, -The person who kills you gets 20 seconds of crits. The assist person (if there is one) gets 20 seconds of mini-crits.
Notes: May be a good thing because of the health, but then again you will automatically become the target of all the crit-hungry enemies. This isn't my entirely my own idea, I'm basing it on some of the other suggestions in this thread and put it in the proper template.

CtrlAltDelet

• RTD Noob
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 10:49:44 pm »
I'm up for the punching bag idea... its a negitiave roll for the person.. sorta.. (with the xtra hp) but its a bonus for the other team who kilsl them