Author Topic: RTD Summer Scavenger hunt  (Read 10440 times)

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: RTD Summer Scavenger hunt
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2012, 10:36:00 am »
I started the scavenger idea 6 months ago (February)  as a fun thing that RTD people could do on the server as well as promoting goofy nights while still feeling accomplished (everyone going fist heavy, medic combos, ect.)  I was honestly tired of all the "tryhardness" of the server with people buying rolls to win (instant kills on the last point) never being goofy (killing spycrabs, heavies using fists, ect).

It failed.  Teams were not balanced.  I let two team captains pick teams and they were stacked (not intentionally) and one team just steam rolled through the objectives.  I had like 50 objectives for the entire month.  At least 30 or so were done in like the first couple of days.  People on the losing team stopped trying; they felt they already lost.  The winning team then didn't do anything else either; they already won.

Then people got dice at the end for winning; everyone mad.  "You didn't say anything about rewards spycheck!"  When I clearly said at the beginning that I would talk to Fox or Kilandor about some kind of victory prize.  This leads us to...

Scav hunt too:  Summer scav hunt.  This time, I balanced teams myself.  For those curious, I used a random number generator to make teams; and balanced anyone I felt needed to be on the other team (I had dragnix and jarrett on the same team originally; I had to switch one of them.)  The results were... strange.  Teams were neck and neck the entire time.  Some people did a bunch of objectives, then disappeared.  Some people who did a lot the first time, didn't do much or nothing at all.  But everyone was having fun... till this last month.

I don't know what happened last night exactly; but I will find out what exactly happened.  I may hold back awards to either team if I feel its necessary.  For fucks sake you guys are all FRIENDS!  Why are you acting all crazy over dice or credits or whatever the end reward is.  You don't even know what the fuck it is.  It could be 1 credit to each winner.  Instead you're all acting like its a cash reward or an unusual hat.

I honestly take full responsibility over this.  If I was monitoring objectives more and putting my foot down on sketchy stuff; this wouldn't happen.  But really, I couldn't.  Some of you found loopholes in practically EVERYTHING I made up.  If I were to address every loophole, each objective would be a paragraph long and people would be even more confused.  Even when I did say things weren't good; I get an earful from both sides "they did this, so we are" or "what about this one?"  Its fucking annoying.  Just play fair.  Even if you are, make sure other people on your team is.

People keep asking me "Are we doing another one?  Will it be a good idea to do another one?"  I honestly don't know... we'll just have to see.  I think if we have more people behind the scenes helping with objectives and judging; it'll go smoother.  I did the entire first one by myself and it would take like an hour each day to add in everything people did (yes an hour).  This one, I had two others; jarrett and drag help me add things in and it was great because it was done most of the time before I even got a chance to.

I'll be talking to people today to find out what happened.  If you acted crazy, apologize to whoever you got mad at.  If someone got upset at you; accept an apology and move on.  We're all friends here.  Lets not let this stupid thing tear us apart.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:38:54 am by Spycheckme! »

TehMan

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »
Wasn't there last night and I honestly don't give a shit about this scavenger hunt.

Problem is people don't want to work at objectives and just want them done.  This happened right away during the last one also by team #2 but you put your foot down asap.  This one you didn't put your foot down on it and it got out of hand with BOTH teams.

The last one was fun simply because of how small it was, there was I think maybe a couple people on each team that did objectives (I went try-hard and did most of them).  Honestly I think there were too many people in it.

We didn't know there would be rewards, but we still tried because it was FUN.

All I'm saying is there should be a clause in the rules that allows you to remove people from the hunt if they are going against that.  No ARGUING about anything, if you have a concern it may not fit the criteria that is stated on the objective thread, PM it to Spycheck.

I blame maximo.

Abridge smd.  "I can't I'm too far away"  That's your reason???

MEGAFATBOY

• Game Admins
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2012, 03:13:06 am »
Okay, so I have no idea what was said to who, but seriously, I agree with Spycheck, what the hell? It's just credits and dice, who cares. The scavenger hunt was made to make people more active, have more fun, build a sense of community. By nature yes, it will be competitive, but there is no need for arguments and what seems to me to be all this backstabbing and hate.
Chill.

<Currently married to: Dragnix & Rhia>
http://megafatboy.deviantart.com/

Rhia

• Game Admins
    • Mermaid Illustration
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2012, 09:05:40 am »
This is why I dont mind going to bed at 9am.. I dont see any of this hatred happening.

Maximo

• Game Admins
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2012, 01:13:50 pm »
Wasn't there last night and I honestly don't give a shit about this scavenger hunt.

Problem is people don't want to work at objectives and just want them done.  This happened right away during the last one also by team #2 but you put your foot down asap.  This one you didn't put your foot down on it and it got out of hand with BOTH teams.

The last one was fun simply because of how small it was, there was I think maybe a couple people on each team that did objectives (I went try-hard and did most of them).  Honestly I think there were too many people in it.

We didn't know there would be rewards, but we still tried because it was FUN.

All I'm saying is there should be a clause in the rules that allows you to remove people from the hunt if they are going against that.  No ARGUING about anything, if you have a concern it may not fit the criteria that is stated on the objective thread, PM it to Spycheck.

I blame maximo.

[eloquent and reassuring speech apologizing for ruining everything]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 03:21:13 pm by Spycheckme! »

Majicaster2

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2012, 10:51:52 pm »
Love Spycheck editing everything.

Although, I will admit that I got a bit more competitive this time. I tried to stop the other team to achieve their objectives because it would help our team. I apologize for that. (I think that is the only thing I did.)

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2012, 09:20:55 pm »
Fox gave out credits to all of the people who participated in the scavenger hunt.  More points you got, more credits.  Capped at 1000, rounded up based on your scored divided by 2.  Was originally going to be dice; but it would have messed up dice leveling a bit.  Everyone on both teams who got points got some credits.

Dragnix: 1000                
zGreenz : 400                
Megafatboy 400         
[SC] ラグナロク 400            
RamboJesus 400            
London Abridge: 300         
Spiderbrony 200         
Frosty the suicidal snowman: 200   
Dragnsis: 200               
Conrad: 30               
Kirby 10???               
Partyassociate: 50            
Jarrett: 1000               
Panzer: 700               
Mario: 500               
Sunny: 500               
Maxim.o: 400               
Formaggio: 200            
TehMan: 100      
Rhia: 100         
Andrew: 80               
John: 60               
Kronos: 50               
Allyorbase: 50               
Halorym: 10               
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:36:14 pm by Spycheckme! »

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2012, 09:45:18 pm »
Why half? The people who actually did stuff spent way more than half their points for rolls related to the scavenger hunt.

For the months of work, Drag and Jarrett deserve more than 2nd place in the Player of the Month...

DragnSis

• the sister of the dragnix
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 08:33:06 am »
does rick get credits taken away
Butts

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2012, 10:53:18 am »
 8)

Dragnix

• RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2012, 01:59:48 pm »
Pretty sure he's banned from any future event participation.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 06:25:56 pm »
Well I originally halved the points b/c it was going to be dice.  If you want I can bug fox again to just add those credits again so it would be double the amount shown.