Author Topic: Blue Fellow  (Read 1459 times)

High

• Game Admins
Blue Fellow
« on: January 20, 2010, 09:28:56 pm »
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983123488

Let's permaban this griefer. Viscount says he was the one who played the long, extremely loud static (blatant grief) until he was muted. It crashed my client so I wasn't there, but I believe that when he was muted it stopped. For some reason, when the static came on (before my game crashed) I could not see that anyone was using their mic (but believe me everyone heard it).

Anyone object?

Mr. Chugs

• Game Admins
Re: Blue Fellow
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 09:45:32 pm »
If he is just micspamming, no.
Mute was invented for a reason.

High

• Game Admins
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:00:41 pm »
It's not micspam like you and fox do it. There was no content, it was just static and it caused my game to crash. Plus, it was turned up so loud that it could hurt your ears or speakers if you had the game sound on a tad high. I would say that it is a different type of micspam and indicates the type of person I wouldn't want on a server I play on. Plus, later on he left himself in spawn with the turning and forward macros on, just running in a circle. He did this so he wouldnt be kicked for afk, but would still take up a slot on the server. More griefing.

The Canadian Viscount

• Game Admins
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 10:05:48 pm »
I wouldn't say permaban, just remember who he or she is and if he or she comes back again give him or her a warning and if they continue then ban them after he or she ignore all warnings

Mr. Chugs

• Game Admins
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 10:30:40 pm »
It's not micspam like you and fox do it. There was no content, it was just static and it caused my game to crash. Plus, it was turned up so loud that it could hurt your ears or speakers if you had the game sound on a tad high. I would say that it is a different type of micspam and indicates the type of person I wouldn't want on a server I play on. Plus, later on he left himself in spawn with the turning and forward macros on, just running in a circle. He did this so he wouldnt be kicked for afk, but would still take up a slot on the server. More griefing.
You can still mute him. And I've never heard of micspam that causes a game to crash.
And the running in circle thing, I think he is just idling, and should be kicked. Because yes, that is annoying to take up a spot like that.
Permaban is too far for this guy right away though. Maybe a kick and warning, after, a week ban. And if continued, perma.

CarlZalph

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 11:40:32 pm »
Yeah, I'm going to engineer some sound that will put huge pressure on those speakers of yours to see if it'll crash you..

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 12:54:12 am »
Yeah, I'm going to engineer some sound that will put huge pressure on those speakers of yours to see if it'll crash you..

Oh you

High

• Game Admins
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 02:11:01 am »
I guess it was just a coincidence...still ...it did happen about ten seconds after he started and my client hasn't crashed in months. In any case, I usually tend to say that the moment a person starts intentionally griefing in a malicious way you boot their ass...there are plenty of fish in the sea, why would we want a malicious person ruining other people's experience for even a moment? But I will do liek you say and just keep an eye out for him. 

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 09:44:12 pm »
I agree some sounds are just annoying! I just kicked some guy that would echo what anyone else would say. Man that is so distracting!  >:(