Author Topic: New Roll: Ammo Sap  (Read 1157 times)

luingar

New Roll: Ammo Sap
« on: October 06, 2012, 11:35:15 pm »
Ammo Sap
Saps your victims ammo
10 Credits
40 seconds
Works off percentages, that is to say that per shot, a minigun steals less than a rocket launcher. 1% ammo consumed hitting the victim will remove 3% the victim's current ammo.

Tracks number of hits and every second, deducts an appropriate amount of ammo from the victim's current weapon's reserve. any non-deducted percentage (say 1.5% is due to be deducted, but the victim has a rocket launcher which needs 5% to deduct 1 rocket) carries over for up to 5 seconds.
(allows for weapons like minigun or flamethrower to rack up enough hits to remove something.)
After 5 seconds any non-deducted percentage is remove and 1 ammo is removed from the victim's reserve.

Rockets and grenades are only 1/2 as effective, but can hit multiple enemies. Sentries remove .5% on hit and 5% on rocket hit. Melee weapons are especially effective, removing 20% per hit. (10% for scout weapons, 15% for the heavy knuckle spikes whatever they're called)

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
Re: New Roll: Ammo Sap
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 11:58:17 pm »
Seems complicated but easy enough to simplify if someone (not me) took the time to do it. Not to detract from your post, but what about a bad roll that destroys 5% of your max ammo each second? After 20s you'd have no ammo. I think I might've seen this somewhere...

luingar

Re: New Roll: Ammo Sap
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 05:15:52 pm »
i was more concerned with making sure it was balanced than making it simple. as it is now it can be explained simply enough (it removes ammo from enemies), which is the most important thing.