Author Topic: Roll Idea: Short Circuit  (Read 1550 times)

absoluteparanoia

Roll Idea: Short Circuit
« on: November 15, 2012, 05:10:31 pm »
Name:  Short Circuit
Cost:  40 credits
Duration: 30 seconds

If you successfully hit an enemy to cause damage, then it disables any RTD rolls currently in use by the victim for 2-5 seconds (Displays a message, "Your roll has short circuited" to the victim).  This obviously wouldn't work on Godmode (can't cause damage).

Example of use:  Someone with rolled crits is heading your way, you shoot him and he de-crits for 2-5 seconds.  After which his roll returns.  Or, say, your enemy has reflect shield.  You hit him once with your shotgun and then fire a few rockets before his shield returns.
That's Numberwang!

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
Re: Roll Idea: Short Circuit
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:44:59 pm »
The gray area where rolls are temporarily ineffective; a very touchy subject that's been brought up a lot. Still not completely sure how I personally feel about it, actually.
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 07:22:40 pm »
I like it!

Abridge

• Roll Stacker #1 AKA The Pumpkin Man
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 12:09:03 am »
Roll name can be easily confused with the weapon short circuit, should change it to roll stopping bullets or anti-rtd bullets or something else.

Could also have a perk that also makes the bullets disable trinkets.

I agree with Jarrett though, not a fan of this idea, although since it's quite costly and only last for 30 seconds then it might be okay.

Also would this prevent people from dropping and picking up rtd rolls? or only disable effects like armor and crits.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:11:10 am by Abridge »

Jarrett000

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Demopan?
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 01:39:38 am »
Here's another thread to see some more perspectives/feedback, and different variants of the roll (I think Drag's version was roughly knock 1 (per player w/ or w/o cooldown?) off perm, while mine was a temp disable pick-up with a cooldown).
Jarrett lives on the forums. We keep him alive with cookies and memes.

Proud Administrator of RTDGaming since 4/8/11.

Abridge

• Roll Stacker #1 AKA The Pumpkin Man
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 02:15:40 am »
Here's another thread to see some more perspectives/feedback, and different variants of the roll (I think Drag's version was roughly knock 1 (per player w/ or w/o cooldown?) off perm, while mine was a temp disable pick-up with a cooldown).

Halorym suggested the best idea ever, Roll EMP, cost 100 credits, effect: all of rtd disabled for 1 minute, xD

absoluteparanoia

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 01:49:18 pm »
Roll name can be easily confused with the weapon short circuit, should change it to roll stopping bullets or anti-rtd bullets or something else.

Could also have a perk that also makes the bullets disable trinkets.

I agree with Jarrett though, not a fan of this idea, although since it's quite costly and only last for 30 seconds then it might be okay.

Also would this prevent people from dropping and picking up rtd rolls? or only disable effects like armor and crits.

I don't think the Short Circuit would confuse many people, since I see almost no one use that weapon.  But I'm not married to the name or anything, just as long as it gets the point across.

I think it should probably only effect "active" RTD rolls like crits, jumps, instakills.  It could temporarily pause the use of redbull, backpacks, jetpacks, wearables. 

I'd imagine it would be a rare rolls ala instakills or godmode.
That's Numberwang!

Halorym

• Shot through the heart, and I'm to blame
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 07:08:56 pm »
If it happens, which I hope it does not.  name it 'Dice Breaker'