Author Topic: Talent Points to Upgrade Trinkets  (Read 859 times)

• Roll Stacker #1 AKA The Pumpkin Man
Talent Points to Upgrade Trinkets
« on: December 30, 2012, 10:20:02 pm »
Idea: Talent points to upgrade trinkets

Cogen was griping about having 70 talent points, and I with my meager 25 agreed it would be nice if we could spend them

Since perks usually don't happen till new rolls, I figure we could make it so that you could spend talent points on upgrading trinkets, since upgrading them with credits is a ridiculous amount only achievable by  endless hours of game play without spending credits or donating.

The only issue is that the talent points would have to permanently disappear once spent, not like with perks in which you can reset them

As to the specifics of how much to upgrade from level to level, I'm not too sure

low to med: 2 TP
med to high: 4TP
high to max: 8TP

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: Talent Points to Upgrade Trinkets
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 10:42:26 pm »
No.  Talent points are meant to never be lost as in, you earn them, and keep them forever.  Doing this could screw over new players and create frustration (they use it on a trinket that isn't as useful they think.)

Using dice for this purpose also would not work.  Fox stated that dice should be earned, but never lost (unless theres a punishment).  The fastest way to upgrade your trinkets is to donate money to the server and get the credits for doing that.