Author Topic: RTD Balance thread  (Read 2565 times)

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
RTD Balance thread
« on: January 18, 2013, 12:27:11 pm »
Post in this thread what you think is overpowered, under powered, useless, ect.

Is a roll too powerful?  Trinket too powerful?  Combination of rolls or weapons or trinkets too powerful?  Post about stuff you think needs nerfed or buffed.

OP Stuff:

Diarhia: Make it not so awful.  Too stronk.

Slice and dice:  Too much health.  Can heal when picked up.

Reflect shield:  I think we need to have this still; but balance it.  Maybe make it timed?

UP Stuff:

Party time trinket: Feels under powered compared to other trinkets. Maybe give it a chance to drop cake?

Ammo Presents:  Pointless; get ammo from killing someone anyway

Grounding bullet:  Reduce cost from 20 to 10.

Maybes?

Bloodthirster trinket:  maybe some more tweaking?

Scary taunt:  Uhhh stuff.

Will not be touched do to discussions before / recent balances:

Pumpkins: already got a nerf.

Instant kills: a necessary evil.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:27:03 pm by Spycheckme! »

Foxtipus

• RTD Noob
  • I live on Rainbow Road, next to the KFC.
    • http://youtu.be/Kq4NeqOXZGc
Re: RTD Balance thread
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 02:34:47 pm »
I think the party time trinket is a bit under powered. The ammo replenished present is practically useless, because when you kill someone, you are going to get half your ammo back from their dropped weapon anyways.

I'm 1/2

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:15:10 pm »
Punching dummy perk has always been OP. I'll post more when I think of it.

Abridge

• Roll Stacker #1 AKA The Pumpkin Man
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 09:15:13 pm »
I'll never sell my secrets to the MAN

Edit: Actually pumpkins are a bit under powered, I think  they should kill everyone currently on the server on the enemy team, this would be a more functional and practical implementation of pumpkins because it would make me happy.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 11:55:53 pm »
Pumpkins won't be touched, they've been balanced for now ;)

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 12:09:52 am »
Reflect Shield should just not exist ever.
Diarhia does way too much damage and the delay on its pattycakes make its actual rules really confusing.
Presents should have their ammo function deleted to buff Party Time.
Bombs should explode faster.
Slice-N-Dice needs less health.
Strength drain needs a buff to either reduction or range, also needs to be less visually obstructing.
Grounding Bullets should be buy-only for 10 credits since most of the time it's useless.
Toxic and Instant Kills need to disable capping while under their effects.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 01:38:45 pm »
The only way to disable capping with toxic and instant kills is to make the person invulnerable;  bad idea.  Teammates can still capture points.  Nothing to be done about that.

Reflect sheild prevents projectile spam.  It can be powerful but its necessary.  In the right hands; you can't do shit against the person with it if you recall when I had to buy instant kills to kill you on gravelpit because I could not kill you.  Maybe make it timed?

Bombs seem fine to me.  They're powerful and you have a chance to disarm them.  You put yourself at risk for disarming them when you aren't attacking people..

Slice and dice I agree.  Less health; shouldn't be movable.

Grounding bullets can drown people in water, stop jumpers, ect.  Its situational but not every roll needs to be awesome or bad.  Some are meh and thats fine.

Strength drain... no clue on that one.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 01:42:20 pm »
What about combing strength drain and darkness cloud into the same roll?

Abridge

• Roll Stacker #1 AKA The Pumpkin Man
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 06:37:27 pm »
What about combing strength drain and darkness cloud into the same roll?

Is there a way to lock the strength drain aura onto the user so it follows him? I think it would be a better roll in general, that way the person you are fighting has to avoid getting close to you.

Just remove darkness cloud, its so, ugh

Reflect shield is fine, its annoying but you just have to force yourself to bullet

Slice and Dice needs definite health reduction, but it should still be movable

I agree with Rick, reduce the cost of grounding bullets, the only time they are ever needed is when Halorym gets a jetpack or an annoying scout jumps player, and I hate dishing out 20 credits for bullets that I sometimes don't even get to use because my target gets away and I'm on a timer.

Now for my personal complaint: Scary Taunt Trinket, I hate this trinket, a high enough level lets the user finish taunting before the person's scare is over, on 1v1 that's that usually spells victory for the scary taunt user. I also just very recently learned that it heals the player when they taunt. Can we change it to a heal trinket, just get rid of that scare power, I hate it.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 07:26:33 pm »
Not sure about strength drain aura moving around.  Might be data intensive / not possible.  Is an idea though.  Make it work like toxic I guess?

Darkness cloud is kind of dumb right now.  Max out your brightness and it won't do jack.

Added grounding bullets to the OP.

Scary taunt... well the problem is in the speedy taunts like the huntsman.  You do it quick and then can attack.  Not sure how to balance it... we can't get rid of it; been in too long.

I'd like to say that a lot of trinkets are a bit overpowered.  How to balance them though...   I think we need more trinkets like party time and lady luck that give small passive bonuses that don't affect gameplay (no damage increased, ect.)

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 07:36:57 pm »
I SWEAR TO GOD SPYCHECK IF YOU NERF SUPER JUMP I WILL NEVER PLAY RTD AGAIN uh i mean
Yeah how about Strength drain is like the perked Bear Trap where if you step on it it sticks, except with a much larger area where it'll latch onto you?
I think perhaps the +health should be removed from Scary Taunt. It just seems kinda superfluous atm.
 Also, how about if Darkness Cloud actually covers your view with an  object? Cow already does this. Gamma wouldn't stop it,