Author Topic: A Modest Proposal  (Read 10797 times)

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
Re: A Modest Proposal
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 05:18:10 pm »
mini crit and bleed yes

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 06:32:22 pm »
Changes made, will be uploaded to SVN shortly.

Looking to tweak punching dummy a tiny bit next. Not drastic, but to reduce the stun lock possibility.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 07:59:32 pm »
How about punching dummy hits people and flings them far?  Like a large knockback.  No more stun.

Abridge

• Roll Stacker #1 AKA The Pumpkin Man
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 08:31:47 pm »
Whatever, make YOUR changes, I'll probably still play on RTD, but currently the way the mod stands is just fine. I enjoy the RTD mod when I play it whether I suffer under it of rollstomp with it. People just need to play, the real reason is hurt feelings creating awkwardness as Dragnix admitted. I suggested changing trinkets and talent points in the name of balance many times before and you gave me the reason that people had earned them and it would be robbing them if we changed things in the name of balance. But now its reversed, do what you guys need to save the server, I'll still play, but I personally believe its the people not the mod causing the problems.

I agree with Rick, I fucking love my trinkets, jump trinkets especially, they create new strategy and enhance fun immensely.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2013, 08:53:33 pm »
Although Kilandor/Fox, if you're reading this.

What the hell why can I keep on reusing rolls why is the entities not solid oh god what did I do to my local server halp

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132572172
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:02:14 pm by Dragnix »

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2013, 09:32:14 pm »
Punching dummy now doesn't stun lock you down.\

Although you'll notice yourself flying.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2013, 03:25:25 pm »
So anyone else have any suggestions?  Dragnix is trying to balance rolls and everyone has been pretty quiet about this despite being vocal before.

Heres a thread where people discussed balance ideas before: http://www.rtdgaming.com/index.php?topic=2661.0

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2013, 07:50:25 pm »
Make instantkills and toxic not be able to cap points, destroy reflect shield, nerf diarhia damage if not already done. Get rid of that one bad roll that makes you wait a minute until your next roll. Remove bad aim. Allow the self-jarate bad roll to be washed off. Make slow cube less opaque. Decrease opacity of Strength drain, increase strength drain size.

And if you want trinket opinions, buff Party Time, rework Bloodthirster so that more health is gained on kill, but no overheal is possible.

Scratchcatmeow

• RTD Noob
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2013, 07:54:18 pm »
Make scout jumps cost more. On certain maps, scouts who keep rebuying scout jumps every life can be OP and annoying. I'm thinking around 30 credits.

Make armor give you less armor; around half of what it does now. This will make it a little bit less OP.

:D

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2013, 09:07:45 pm »
Make instantkills and toxic not be able to cap points, destroy reflect shield, nerf diarhia damage if not already done. Get rid of that one bad roll that makes you wait a minute until your next roll. Remove bad aim. Allow the self-jarate bad roll to be washed off. Make slow cube less opaque. Decrease opacity of Strength drain, increase strength drain size.

And if you want trinket opinions, buff Party Time, rework Bloodthirster so that more health is gained on kill, but no overheal is possible.

I like the toxic one right away. Let me work on that one to begin with.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 10:26:40 am »

Its funny we actually discussed a lot of those things you mentioned and had the same exact ideas.

Reflect shield:  It can reflect like 20 projectiles before it goes away.

Majicaster2

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 11:44:28 am »
What about a reflect shield that has time before you can reflect another one? Maybe a 5 or 10 second CD.

Just throwing that out there.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 08:39:43 pm »
Toxic should be disabled from capturing a point now.

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 08:58:50 pm »

Its funny we actually discussed a lot of those things you mentioned and had the same exact ideas.

Reflect shield:  It can reflect like 20 projectiles before it goes away.

That's cool. I'm glad these things are being considered.

However, no amount of nerfing to Reflect Shield would put it in a place where I think it should exist. It completely shits on soldier, demo and huntsman sniper while doing nothing against every other class.
However, I think probably the most OP thing about reflect shield is that it reflects things without even looking at them.

If Reflect Shield were reworked so that all it does is take away the ammo loss from airblasting and allow you to hold down right-click to continuously airblast, then it could be countered by catching the Pyro unawares and shooting before they react, while allowing the Pyro to effortlessly reflect anything it sees coming. I think that would put the roll in a much better place.

Toxic should be disabled from capturing a point now.
Great!

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2013, 10:34:52 pm »
That should be possible, I'd have to calculate if the projectile is in the pyro's line of sight. It may not be perfect (it may be a tiny bit off), but technically it should be possible.

Let me think about that one though, I'm not experienced enough to pull off that yet until I figure out how the PoV stuff

(referring to the over powered part)