Author Topic: A Modest Proposal  (Read 11924 times)

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
Re: A Modest Proposal
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2013, 01:22:01 am »
That should be possible, I'd have to calculate if the projectile is in the pyro's line of sight. It may not be perfect (it may be a tiny bit off), but technically it should be possible.

Let me think about that one though, I'm not experienced enough to pull off that yet until I figure out how the PoV stuff

(referring to the over powered part)
That sounds really complicated. You don't have to calculate line-of-sight if you simply uncap the Pyro's airblast timer and give him no/very low airblast cost. See this video:
TF2: Multiplied by ??? [Live Commentary]

5:20

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2013, 12:08:45 pm »
We discussed having the pyro only reflect stuff hes looking at and we came to the conclusion that its really fair and promotes skillfully using the roll.  I like the ideas Rick.  Thank you participating.

I had an idea for a trinket yesterday; throwing it out there to see what you guys think.

Underdog:  You do more damage to people with more dice than you; you do less damage to people with less dice than you.

aaaandrew

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2013, 02:17:22 pm »
Underdog:  You do more damage to people with more dice than you; you do less damage to people with less dice than you.

I still don't like trinkets cause new players still have to play for ~8 hours just to get a chance to purchase a trinket. I like how this is geared towards newbies but fresh newbies that have less than an hour probably won't even understand the concept of trinkets yet
This sounds tricky, and probably un-codeable but what about new players with less than 3-4 hours on the server will get more credits 2/min.  So they will get more credits than than a regular to the server

-nerf damage for the slice n dice's hp to 1000-1200hp from it's current 2000 it seems too much from other NPCs; spider has max 900 (i believe),  Angelic Dispenser has 400hp, Bear trap has 500hp.

-nerf spider so there's a max of two OR have them drop items/spiders every 45-90sec (current 30-80) OR/AND only callable every 60-90secs

Rick

• GHAST BLASTED!
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2013, 04:12:39 pm »

I still don't like trinkets cause new players still have to play for ~8 hours just to get a chance to purchase a trinket. I like how this is geared towards newbies but fresh newbies that have less than an hour probably won't even understand the concept of trinkets yet
This sounds tricky, and probably un-codeable but what about new players with less than 3-4 hours on the server will get more credits 2/min.  So they will get more credits than than a regular to the server

-nerf damage for the slice n dice's hp to 1000-1200hp from it's current 2000 it seems too much from other NPCs; spider has max 900 (i believe),  Angelic Dispenser has 400hp, Bear trap has 500hp.

-nerf spider so there's a max of two OR have them drop items/spiders every 45-90sec (current 30-80) OR/AND only callable every 60-90secs

Like the trinket idea and the slice-n-dice + spider nerfs, except I think the call-rate is fine as it is.
I also think any steps towards giving new players trinkets is a good one, however if you increase credit amounts, you also increase the amount of rolls people can buy. While I think the current credit accumulation rate is by no means high, if you wanted to just increase access to trinkets lowering the price would be the way to go.

I'd really like you guys to take a look at the video, because I think that'd be a much more fun way to implement the reflect shield.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:18:12 pm by Rick »

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2013, 08:29:48 pm »
Armor amount reduced for a temporary nerf. Same for hulk with the amount he gets for armor.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2013, 08:30:31 pm »
I'm going to rework armor but that's been a major complaint about it, that's only temporary

Majicaster2

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 09:06:48 pm »
Is it possible to give the new people who enter a beginner trinket so they can start learning about them?

Beginner: Receive with an extra 5-15 HP when equipped. I think it might help them as they will be able to take a bit more hits and get familiar with the trinket system.

RamboJesus

• I have visited from a time, where TF2 isn't hats
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2013, 01:08:52 am »
I find it kind of funny how people are posting what they want, and everyone is agreeing, and then every so often someone posts a change they made that no one even knew about.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2013, 03:03:11 pm »
What do you mean Rambo?

RamboJesus

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2013, 03:07:37 pm »
Eh nevermind, its not important

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2013, 05:46:58 pm »
Well I mean the only one making changes is Dragnix.  And it looks like there's a whole list of things that people want done.  Seems like hes trying to do easy changes first that won't drastically change things.

Unless you're referring to something else.

Dragnix

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2013, 08:08:15 pm »
Pretty much what Spycheck said. I'm easing my way into this and I work for a living so DEAL WITH ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTT

RamboJesus

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2013, 01:44:16 pm »
That's why I said nevermind

Scratchcatmeow

• RTD Noob
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2013, 05:18:16 pm »
So... will we enable quickplay on the server? That really would help.

Also, did you reset the stuff? I used to have around ten thousand credits and a bunch of trinkets, but on the server I've been reset. If you did reset, you forgot to reset the rtd stats site.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 06:02:17 pm by Scratchcatmeow »

TenthLegionX

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2013, 05:35:14 pm »
I have to agree with Panzer here. You guys are my family. Sisters, brothers, friends. While I LOVE how RTD is currently, i love the community more. The fact of the matter as I see it is if nothing changes eventually RTD will cease to exist. With no new players coming in and the numbers of our regulars diminishing slowly over time does not bode well. Peoples tastes change over time, they find other things to do. I am willing to endure ANY and ALL changes if it means we can get some new people in the server. Perhaps I am alone in this regard, but none the less SOMETHING has to be done. Currently I have no way to discuss this in mumble yet but within the week I should be up and operational again, as I have finished getting my PC parts and now just have to put them together.