Author Topic: Pidgey - Spamming sentries to crash the server  (Read 1741 times)

booyah

• Donators
  • Booyah!
Pidgey - Spamming sentries to crash the server
« on: April 29, 2010, 05:09:25 pm »
He had about 6+ sentries on Point E on cp_steel, and when we mentioned that it was likely to crash the server, he said "that's the point". I don't think we need people like that playing.

STEAM_0:0:19999497
Player ID: 12,768

CarlZalph

Re: Pidgey - Spamming sentries to crash the server
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 02:31:51 pm »
It'd take over 60 sentries to start reaching the worry level for server crashing due to too many objects.

Towel

• RTD Noob
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 10:31:48 pm »
I'm Pidgey.

It'd take over 60 sentries to start reaching the worry level for server crashing due to too many objects.

What he said.

I was abusing the bug, but it was only on cp_steel, and besides, the goddamn rtd plugin is more likely to crash the server than what I was doing. I was just trying to have my fun while the bug still existed because I knew it was going to be patched by Valve soon anyways. Hell, most of it was on parts of the map that no one else was on at the time. (we were on cp_steel, I was on RED, BLU hadn't even capped B yet, and I was just building them around E for lulz and such.)

I think I fought people with it a little bit, but never to get any sort of unfair advantage against them. (Hell, the fucking dice bonuses as well as some of the rolls are more unfair then building a few more sentries.)

I miss Chugs.

JJJG13

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 01:16:38 am »
I miss Chugs.

*Weeps in a corner.*

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 06:03:05 am »
Next time try it on a different server.