Author Topic: Introducing the Dice!  (Read 22092 times)

Keel Joo

Re: Introducing the Dice!
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 09:09:45 pm »
yay lol.  but if anything, we still need a perk raise rather than a drop or some new ones added to fill the gaps ;)

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2010, 11:48:27 pm »
This has been copy & pasted from a chat session:
/Start of Chat
Well I just past the 1000 dice mark and I find the free RTD on death to be kinda useless how about integrating shields with dice like let's say you have a level 1 shield it reduces damage taken by 10%, lvl2 shield 20%, lvl3 25%, bowser shell 30%. So I'd say 800 Dice for the bonus 10% dmg reduction when a lvl 1 shield is equipped, 850 Dice for the 20% reduction when u have a lvl 2, then 900 for a lvl 3, 950 for bowser's shell. Lastly for 1000 80% chance for a good roll

How about something like "Choose Your Path" where (for example) once you reach 1000 you are given the option of selecting something and for every 100 interval after 1000 you get to select something new all the way up to 2000 Dice. An example would be 5% dmg reduction to the class of your picking which would cap out at 20%. Ultimately if you only select one class to then your damage reduction would be 30% (cause @ 250 Dice u get that 10% overall dmg reduction). I dunno I'm just throwing ideas out there
/End of Chat

So what do you think? Like, dislike, don't care or don't understand?
Some feel as though damage reductions are lame others think they are a good perk.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

The CHA

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2010, 12:08:07 am »
Damage Reductions are lame.

How about these;

x1.25~1.whatever speed boost during setup (mostly useless except for engies)

Kill-Heal - after a kill, get a minor heal of like, 15%. Perhaps a second rank where you get like, 30%.

whatwasthenameofthi sinthatoneRPG - When you have full health, a critical (if it's a direct hit rocket or something it'll kill you regardless) hit will reduce you to 1HP. Backstabs/headshots don't count, etc.

SUUUUUUUNLIGHT/Stationary - get super slow regeneration when in SUUUUUUUUNLIGHT/are stationary.

(the former is a joke)

Kill-Ammo - after a kill, get a minor ammo boost of something like 5%.

STOMP - be able to goomba stomp people when rocket/pipe/reallyfarheight falling.

BONUS - random chance (10%~?) of having balloons appear when you roll the dice and getting a large HP/ammo boost, in addition to your roll.

~*~ Rebel Two ~*~

Desperate Shot - the last shot/bullets (last 5 for minigun, flamethrower, etc.) are always critical. Mostly useless.

Avenger - +15% damage and +15% damage reduction on those who are dominating you.

(probably not possible)

Gambler's Fallacy - upon a bad roll, your chance of getting another bad roll is less.

Critical Condition - When HP is below 15%, damage+ and damage reduction is 20%.

Bomb Squad - can see bombs through walls/floors/etc.

Adrenaline -

When on an attacking~defending map,

on the attackin' side, you get a 20% speed, rate of fire, and 10% damage bonus for the last 10 seconds.

on the defendin' side, you get a 15% damage reduction and 10% damage bonus for the last 10 seconds.

(probably not possible)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 03:42:53 am by The CHA »

High

• Game Admins
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2010, 12:30:14 am »
I agree that further damage reduction is not a good way to go.

I always prefer some unique perks, like round end immunity and stuff.

I really like some of the perks cha suggested- particularly:
-Kill ammo. I think this could be a really good perk. Say, you should get 10% of total ammo for each weapon after a kill. So, 20 minigun bullets etc. This is good because it is noticeable and useful for the person who has it, while not really feeling unfair to the people who don't have it.
-Stomp. Also a good and funny roll. Would not be too op, but still fun for the peopel who have it.

Here's my Condor's idea for a perk, but I'm afraid it may be too powerful-
Prophet: get to see what your next roll will be. (this information could be displayed next to the other info on the rtd hud). To make it less powerful (this would be very powerful), maybe only have it predict every other roll.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:15:21 am by High »

Requiacity

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2010, 01:06:32 am »
Here's my idea for a perk, but I'm afraid it may be too powerful-
Prophet: get to see what your next roll will be. (this information could be displayed next to the other info on the rtd hud). To make it less powerful (this would be very powerful), maybe only have it predict every other roll.

You're welcome for the idea.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Herr Gesundheit

• Game Admins
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 04:44:55 pm »
Would have been angry if the reduction stayed like that ;)

Deoxy

• Game Admins
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2010, 05:21:47 pm »
This has been copy & pasted from a chat session:
/Start of Chat
Well I just past the 1000 dice mark and I find the free RTD on death to be kinda useless how about integrating shields with dice like let's say you have a level 1 shield it reduces damage taken by 10%, lvl2 shield 20%, lvl3 25%, bowser shell 30%. So I'd say 800 Dice for the bonus 10% dmg reduction when a lvl 1 shield is equipped, 850 Dice for the 20% reduction when u have a lvl 2, then 900 for a lvl 3, 950 for bowser's shell. Lastly for 1000 80% chance for a good roll

How about something like "Choose Your Path" where (for example) once you reach 1000 you are given the option of selecting something and for every 100 interval after 1000 you get to select something new all the way up to 2000 Dice. An example would be 5% dmg reduction to the class of your picking which would cap out at 20%. Ultimately if you only select one class to then your damage reduction would be 30% (cause @ 250 Dice u get that 10% overall dmg reduction). I dunno I'm just throwing ideas out there
/End of Chat

So what do you think? Like, dislike, don't care or don't understand?
Some feel as though damage reductions are lame others think they are a good perk.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
DNA's stamp of approval!

The CHA

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 12:58:00 am »
Update'D.

High

• Game Admins
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 03:12:52 am »

Free roll on death is not useless.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2010, 08:38:25 pm »
Some changes:

Dice -  Effects
20  - Time deduction of 7 seconds/point
60  - Time deduction of 8 seconds/point
100  - Time deduction of 9 seconds/point
140  - Time deduction of 10 seconds/point

Also I upped the RTD wait time from 2 mins to 3 mins. (Let's see how it works out).

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2010, 09:37:47 am »
Changes:
  • At the start of setup all Dice are removed they are later respawned at a new location once setup is over (when the round starts). Did this so RED team can't find dice while BLU is stuck behind closed gates.
  • Also fixed the occasional glitched Dice.
  • Finding a Dice gives you 10s Crits
  • Also restores your health & ammo to full
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:03:01 am by Fox »

High

• Game Admins
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2010, 12:06:55 pm »
Ooh I like this.

Requiacity

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 09:05:16 pm »
Changes:
  • At the start of setup all Dice are removed they are later respawned at a new location once setup is over (when the round starts). Did this so RED team can't find dice while BLU is stuck behind closed gates.
  • Also fixed the occasional glitched Dice.
  • Finding a Dice gives you 10s Crits
  • Also restores your health & ammo to full

Approved. :)
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

ieatfish

• Donators
  • <insert custom text here>
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2010, 11:11:19 pm »
Would it be possible to award a single die to the top scorer on the losing team?  I know when I am on a team getting rolled, even if I am playing well there is no reward at all.  I don't really care about dice too much but I think some people who are constantly switching to a losing team to balance them somewhat could deserve a little recognition.

Requiacity

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2010, 01:24:24 am »
Would it be possible to award a single die to the top scorer on the losing team?  I know when I am on a team getting rolled, even if I am playing well there is no reward at all.  I don't really care about dice too much but I think some people who are constantly switching to a losing team to balance them somewhat could deserve a little recognition.

This has been discussed, and I approve.