Author Topic: Introducing the Dice Deposits!  (Read 13206 times)

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
    • Cotonti CMS - Fast, Clean, Secure
Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« on: June 09, 2010, 07:08:01 pm »

During the past week or months it has been noticed that strange mutations have began to take place in the dice. Strange problems started to occur such as vanishing dice, or complete loss of dice.
The problem continued and grew worse as the dice began to mutate more. Both teams began to become vicious over attempting to reclaim lost dice. Resorting to tactics of Ninja Stealing, and Assassinations, followed by bursts of maniacal laughter.
This caused great discontent amongst allies and enemies alike. As things began to come to a boiling point. The Announcer contacted us offering assistance and combined effort of the best Engineers on both teams to solve the crisis.
After weeks of effort a solution was finally devised. A crystalline structure would be used to encase the mutating dice. This would hault and destroy the mutations.
As a side effect it was learned that the teams could attempt to mine these new structure's in an attempt to reclaim dice and gain more!

--==Details==--
While not a lot is known about statistics of mining these new Dice Deposits. There are a few things that was discovered from researching them.
  • Deposit's are typically found near spawn points, in some cases though they are located in central areas which will cause you to fight! for your right! to mineeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee it!
  • Deposit's seem to be controlled by different teams preventing mining of another teams Deposit
  • Mining Deposit's appears to be a painful yet sometimes rewarding task.

Surprising as it may seem that is the best the team of Engineer's could come up with before they had to try to chase down some indecisive scouts about to where to build a dispenser.

Programmed by: Kilandor
Model: Fox
Concept: High

Changes to Dice Deposits

Where are they at?
Deposits are usually found close to enemy gates, 1st capture point or enemy intelligence.

RED
If you are defending then they you will most likely find them right outside of the enemy gates, these usually last through setup and disappear once the round starts.

BLUE
If you are attacking and the map is a Capture the Point then it will usually be near the Capture Point that you need to capture. Once a point is captured any deposits near it disappear this prevents players from staying back just to mine. If it is not CP then it might be close to your gate.

What happens when I hit it?
Mining dice has its dangers! You will get hurt and will be knocked in a random direction!

Chances of Mining a Dice
5% every second
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:34:38 pm by Fox »

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 07:15:41 pm »
Nice backstory  :)

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 07:17:39 pm »
My equalizer shall be perfect for the job. :D

High

• Game Admins
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:04:30 pm »
Nice, this is awesome kilandor and fox. Can't wait to see it in game.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 10:47:17 pm »
Nice!

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:32:29 pm »
<censored by kilandor> Time to fuel those theories more! :)

P.S. I like joining the game and hearing everyone's conspiracy theories  ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:19:07 am by Kilandor »

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 01:54:02 am »
<censored by kilandor> Time to fuel those theories more! :)

P.S. I like joining the game and hearing everyone's conspiracy theories  ;D

:O censored!?!?!? This is quite intense.

Green Thumbtack

• HOLY SHIT GUYS
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 03:58:26 am »
I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.
Well I dont love the idea, although its pretty neat, They distract red team (and blue medics) during set up and its damn near impossible to get anything
 when some Heavy decides to stand on top of one. Maybe you guys could make them impossible to stand on, like make the collision box a really tall cylinder that reaches the top of the sky or something like that?

I dunno.

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
    • Cotonti CMS - Fast, Clean, Secure
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 06:52:48 am »
Orig people was standing in them, making it impossible to it. But sounds like making now they are just standing on top causing same problem, maybe after each hit it will do a big knock back. Or maybe more damage will help solve it.

I think also will have to just add multiple at spawns so people split up.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 11:24:45 am »
What if you made it so that when you hit the dice you gain some ubercharge as a medic?  Or extra metal as an engineer?

Sneak King

• RTD Noob
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 12:37:13 pm »
These do make for interesting starts to the round when people are being bastards and pushing each other out of the way to hit a little deposit

High

• Game Admins
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 01:26:52 pm »
Medics should definitely charge uber, maybe ten percent, off of each hit. That way they don't have to choose between having an uber or having a die.

comma,splice

• Donators
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 05:02:05 pm »
I'll just go on record and say that I don't like these Dice Deposits. Rather than complementing the game, as the dice and rolls do now, these detract from people playing the game as it should be played.

High

• Game Admins
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 05:10:23 pm »
I agree partially with comma splice. I think they should either only be in that set up period, or else much rare-er in the main maps than they are now. Especially on Turbine, twenty whole minutes of warfare over the deposits in the middle was too much. If they ever pop up, it should be for maybe only five minutes at a time.

I know some people don't like them, but I maintain that there is a way to utilize this model and code, we just need to find it.

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 06:19:37 pm »
Turbine was awful. Even though I was killing those who were trying to mine, it was bad. And on goldrush, only myself as a heavy and two scouts started the round on RED. It's a cool idea, but may have to be fixed based on the people who play (which are mostly dice hungry fiends, including myself).