Author Topic: Introducing the Dice Deposits!  (Read 12204 times)

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
    • Cotonti CMS - Fast, Clean, Secure
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 06:24:35 pm »
Well i'll let you know one thing, past so many dice. You will have 0.1% chance(currently 0) to mine any dice. This more intended to help people who are newer.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 07:58:07 pm »
I agree they are too distracting at their current locations. I've disabled it until I update it with better spawn points that still encourage team play.

For example in Turbine have the Dice Deposits near the enemy intel that way each team is motivated to push up rather than stay in the middle.

jrhather

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 02:30:51 pm »
I don't like them at all. Maybe it could be different?

same look and way of 'mining' it.
but you have to hit it 5 times to get one dice.
it kills you outright after you receive the dice.
the deposit respawns elsewhere immediately after you die.

this solves the problem of huddles and mining parties
you have to choose between a dice or dying
the 5 hits are to prevent accidents and to allow for the occasional steal

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 02:43:03 pm »
A few ideas regarding the deposits:

Put them on the point (or near the cart) for read team in the beginning.  This will give more of an incentive to be near the front lines (do i explore around for maybe a chance at dice or do I go upfront for a guaranteed dice from mining?)

Having a few of them would help too, and make them despawn after they award like 3 dice.

Adding uber to the medic or metal to the engineer gives those two classes and incentive to mine them as well.

Maybe after a certain amount of dice owned (like 500 or so) you won't get dice from them, but good rolls.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 09:44:54 pm »
Changes to Dice Deposits

Where are they at?
Deposits are usually found close to enemy gates, 1st capture point or enemy intelligence.

RED
If you are defending then they you will most likely find them right outside of the enemy gates, these usually last through setup and disappear once the round starts.

BLUE
If you are attacking and the map is a Capture the Point then it will usually be near the Capture Point that you need to capture. Once a point is captured any deposits near it disappear this prevents players from staying back just to mine. If it is not CP then it might be close to your gate.

What happens when I hit it?
Mining dice has its dangers! You will get hurt and will be knocked in a random direction!

Chances of Mining a Dice
5% every second
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:34:20 pm by Fox »

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 03:00:23 am »
I like the new dice deposit changes today!  More teamwork involved to get to them :D

Injuis

• RTD Noob
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 03:15:42 am »
Still seeing the issue with people overcrowding the dice.  Perhaps more than one should be spawned for each team?

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 07:55:46 pm »
If you are attacking and the map is a Capture the Point then it will usually be near the Capture Point that you need to capture. Once a point is captured any deposits near it disappear this prevents players from staying back just to mine. If it is not CP then it might be close to your gate.

This sounds like you'd need to get into a position where your team could capture the point in order to mine dice. Once your team gets there, the point will get capped and the deposit will disappear.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 09:17:23 pm »

This sounds like you'd need to get into a position where your team could capture the point in order to mine dice. Once your team gets there, the point will get capped and the deposit will disappear.

Righty-o

High

• Game Admins
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 01:12:28 pm »
This last change was a step in the right direction fox. I could quibble with their placement some more, but frankly I say our time could be better spent. The deposits are fine.

Mayor McCheese

• "Its a Birthdefect!"
    • mah facebook
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 04:03:33 pm »
Orig people was standing in them, making it impossible to it. But sounds like making now they are just standing on top causing same problem, maybe after each hit it will do a big knock back. Or maybe more damage will help solve it.

I think also will have to just add multiple at spawns so people split up.

agreed
RTD Gamings Self-Proclaimed Theory Crafter,
And Professional Russian

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
    • Cotonti CMS - Fast, Clean, Secure
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 09:54:19 am »
Dice deposits no longer damage you on hit. Since we added the knockback I felt the damage was not needed. Sometimes you take fall damage anyways.

This will also help prevent distractions of people killing themselves during setup to mine, or feeling like you can't hit a dice mine when pushing to attack.

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 11:51:15 am »
Dice deposits no longer damage you on hit. Since we added the knockback I felt the damage was not needed. Sometimes you take fall damage anyways.

This will also help prevent distractions of people killing themselves during setup to mine, or feeling like you can't hit a dice mine when pushing to attack.

Sweet, makes sense. I was never considering the BLU's deposit when it was deep into RED territory because I don't want to be hurting myself there. And good for the red team so they don't have half dead players (when no one decides to be a medic or heal afterwards). I approve.

Gibus-Toting Irishman

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 11:33:53 am »
oh and not to mention the new guys who play medic then stumble across a dice mine (ours OR THEIRS) and completely stops charging his uber/kritz to whack these things.  Ive seen this happen so many times now where the uber isnt ready in time.  The dice mines are neat, but it just gets frustrating when engies stop building our defense to hit them and medics stop their ubers to hit them.

(from another thread)

Perhaps make dice deposits give you uber if you hit them with your ubersaw?
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 12:31:29 pm »
oh and not to mention the new guys who play medic then stumble across a dice mine (ours OR THEIRS) and completely stops charging his uber/kritz to whack these things.  Ive seen this happen so many times now where the uber isnt ready in time.  The dice mines are neat, but it just gets frustrating when engies stop building our defense to hit them and medics stop their ubers to hit them.

(from another thread)

Perhaps make dice deposits give you uber if you hit them with your ubersaw?

Or perphaps none for the RED? Way too big of a distraction when people should be setting up. As long as people aren't switching to BLU to mine, it should be fine. I still haven't gotten a die from one yet, so I don't care that much.