Author Topic: Introducing the Dice Deposits!  (Read 13230 times)

ieatfish

  • Donators
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 285
  • <insert custom text here>
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 04:05:35 pm »
I like the idea of the deposit giving you uber.  What if it gave uber and ammo?  Then it would give you an incentive to smack it if you were running low.  Maybe a small ammo pack, a dispenser of sorts.

Gibus-Toting Irishman

  • Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 816
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 10:30:14 pm »
Quote
oh and not to mention the new guys who play medic then stumble across a dice mine (ours OR THEIRS) and completely stops charging his uber/kritz to whack these things.  Ive seen this happen so many times now where the uber isnt ready in time.  The dice mines are neat, but it just gets frustrating when engies stop building our defense to hit them and medics stop their ubers to hit them.

(from another thread)

Perhaps make dice deposits give you uber if you hit them with your ubersaw?

Or perphaps none for the RED? Way too big of a distraction when people should be setting up. As long as people aren't switching to BLU to mine, it should be fine. I still haven't gotten a die from one yet, so I don't care that much.

The whole point of getting uber from dice deposits is to avoid RED having no uber at the start of the round because the medic was mining it. I think it's a good idea to disable it for BLU, actually; so they don't get an unfair advantage.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

Spycheckme!

  • Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2455
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 10:41:43 pm »
I like the idea of the deposit giving you uber.  What if it gave uber and ammo?  Then it would give you an incentive to smack it if you were running low.  Maybe a small ammo pack, a dispenser of sorts.

I suggested this like in the beginning of the thread :P

Gibus-Toting Irishman

  • Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 816
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 10:28:26 pm »
In their current state, RED dice deposits are far easier to mine than BLU ones. This is because the
RED ones can be mined in setup, while the BLU ones require advancing to the point, and when the point is capped, the deposit disappears, so BLU can't mine nearly as long as RED, plus they have to succeed while even the worst RED team can completely mine their dice deposit.

My ideas to fix this:


First, dice deposits should spawn only when setup is complete. This is probably enough of a fix if you guys don't want to implement my other suggestions.


Second, move the BLU dice deposit to a more suitable mid-point between their spawn and the point. For instance, on Gorge, move BLU's dice deposit to the large middle building in-between the point and the opening courtyard. Quite often, BLU team uses this area as a forward base, because of the nice cover and the health packs. Putting the dice deposits in places like this would allow BLU team to have a fairer shot at completing their dice deposit. Other areas include Dustbowl stage 1's tiny shed next to BLU's spawn, on the pathway from A to C on Gravelpit (after both B and A are capped), and somewhere in the open hilly area on Badwater, before the first point is capped.


Lastly, make BLU's dice deposits able to be mined for a little bit longer before being depleted.



Also, RED's dice deposit on Gorge bounces you off the shed and makes you take a bit of fall damage sometimes. I think relocating it would be good.
Accused of hacking by Avenger, CRUNCH TIME, Phil Ken Sebben, Epic Fail Guy, and Psyclobin (sp?).

2fort is like World Cup soccer; nothing ever happens. - [ATG] Derp

Formerly known as Bottle of Scrumpy.

mariomario42

  • Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1641
  • Then the fright began!
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 11:02:17 pm »
I do not like the idea of the RED mine to not be there during setup. It's the only time I really mine ( on BLU, I truely only did it when it was reachable during setup or today during gravelpit when 7 guys were on B with me), and through all of this, I still haven't mined one.

For the BLU position, it can be improved slightly, but not so much that the whole team thinks it's completely safe to mine. It could distract from the objective too much, and cause those not paying attention to get owned by a camping person. Or I think this would happen.

Josh.0

  • Game Admins
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 161
  • That's so breeder.
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 12:03:56 am »
Fox, thank you for adding additional dice mines to several maps.   :D

Would it be possible for medics to get a die if healing someone who mines one? (IE While charging setup ubers?)  I think there would still be a very low chance for a medic to get a die, since you have to be healing the person who actually mines one. 
This made my heart sad because that is probably the worst thing Ive heard ever.

Avenger

  • RTD Addict Member
  • *******
  • Posts: 1437
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 06:23:26 am »
Success, BottleofScrumpy now has 3 internets.
And yea, I love dice, but it IS almost impossible to mine them as Blu without being immediately killed.

See I Can Do It Too!
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.


Requiacity

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 672
  • 8675309
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 01:55:10 pm »
Success, BottleofScrumpy now has 3 internets.
And yea, I love dice, but it IS almost impossible to mine them as Blu without being immediately killed.

See I Can Do It Too!

Well I have 4 internets!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Fox

  • Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1878
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 06:18:18 pm »
Success, BottleofScrumpy now has 3 internets.
And yea, I love dice, but it IS almost impossible to mine them as Blu without being immediately killed.

See I Can Do It Too!


It is possible to mine as BLU


Avenger

  • RTD Addict Member
  • *******
  • Posts: 1437
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 06:34:12 am »
Success, BottleofScrumpy now has 3 internets.
And yea, I love dice, but it IS almost impossible to mine them as Blu without being immediately killed.

See I Can Do It Too!

It is possible to mine as BLU



Now now Fox.
  • A)You killed all the reds
  • B) SHUSH!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:39:15 pm by Fox »
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.


Josh.0

  • Game Admins
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 161
  • That's so breeder.
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 03:18:55 pm »
Fox, could you put a dice deposit for BLU on the last stage of Gold Rush?  I haven't played it in a couple of days, so perhaps you already did, but if not, BLU doesn't have one on the entire map.
This made my heart sad because that is probably the worst thing Ive heard ever.

Fox

  • Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1878
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2011, 12:37:42 pm »
Dice Deposits now have 3 attributes that determine the chance for successfully mining dice from them: mass, drag and gravity.

1.) Mass
  • Heavy: +1%
  • Medium: +2%
  • Low: +4%

2.) Drag
  • Enabled: +1%
  • Disabled: +3%

3.) Gravity
  • Enabled: +3%
  • Disabled: +6%

So the base chances to mine a dice range from 5% to 13% depending on it's physics properties.
Each level of the Dice Mining Perk adds 5%. As there are two levels to this perk this can potentially give a player up to 23% chance to mine a dice.

Examples:
An example of the old dice deposit that is stationary and relatively easy to hit:
1.) Mass: Heavy: +1%
2.) Drag: Enabled: +1%
3.) Gravity: Enabled: +3%
Base Chance to mine: 5%


Here I currently have the two Dice Mining Perks which adds 10% to this die's 5% chance for a total of 15% Mining Chance

An example of a new dice deposit that moves throughout the environment with little drag and floats:
1.) Mass: Low: +4%
2.) Drag: Disabled: +3%
3.) Gravity: Disabled: +6%
Base Chance to mine: 13%

In Summary:
This new system allows players both new and old to mine faster if they go after the harder to hit dice deposits while still retaining the easy to hit deposits.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:19:12 pm by Fox »

mariomario42

  • Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1641
  • Then the fright began!
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2011, 02:27:17 pm »
... so we're going to have dice mines flying around the map before the round start? AWESOME!!!!

Spycheckme!

  • Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2455
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2011, 02:28:48 pm »
Thats awesome!  Thats kind of a good way to practice your aim too xD

FruitSnacks

  • Guest
Re: Introducing the Dice Deposits!
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2011, 06:18:29 pm »
holy crap i love this fox. you do such an amazing job : D