Author Topic: RTD Bugs & Updates  (Read 121330 times)

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
RTD Bugs & Updates
« on: July 07, 2009, 09:46:48 am »
Report RTD bugs here.

Please try to be as specific as possible so I can try to recreate the bug.

Fixes:
This time I really fixed "Class Immunity" don't know if it is fixed
Also fixed "Humiliation" to strip your weapons and updated the spawn points so your not in the wall.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:03:42 pm by Fox »

ducky

Re: RTD Bugs
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 11:50:55 am »
1. Class Immunity - If you choose to be immune from pyros it glitches and you don't take damage from some other classes as well
2. Humiliation Timer - The timer is negative not positive
3. Taunt timer - Says in chat you will be taunting for 1101004800 seconds
4. Team crits - These don't work
5. Crits for youself - Some weapons are not included in this (eg: minigun)
6. Humiliation location - The location in the spawn to the right of 2nd point on level 2 needs to be changed
7. Instant kills don't kill people with armor
8. Toxic doesnt kill some people
9. Engineers can still noclip
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:58:04 pm by ducky »

sHaDy

• RTD Noob
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 12:18:35 pm »
I can Vouch for each one of these glitches but if i may add. I do think you should pull "Class Immunity" for the reason being its greater than godmode, does not have a timer, and if used smart enough will roll over a Cap point in a mere second.

debut

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 08:55:37 pm »
1. Class Immunity - If you choose to be immune from pyros it glitches and you don't take damage from some other classes as well
2. Humiliation Timer - The timer is negative not positive
3. Taunt timer - Says in chat you will be taunting for 1101004800 seconds
4. Team crits - These don't work
5. Crits for youself - Some weapons are not included in this (eg: minigun)
6. Humiliation location - The location in the spawn to the right of 2nd point on level 2 needs to be changed
7. Instant kills don't kill people with armor
8. Toxic doesnt kill some people
9. Engineers can still noclip

Damn ducky, you find a lot of glitches...
#1 I would just disable it for now. Would waste too much time fixing it...
#2 2nd That... seems weird =D (You don't have Debut(NW!) to check for glitches and this is what happens =D)
#3 "
#4 Get em to work =D I'll love u for it.
#7 Actually, this could be an advantage for armor that doesn't necessarily need to be fixed... up to you though.
#9 I don't really see that much of a flaw for engineers to noclip, and since rules say "unless an admin tells you to stop"... no problems=no need to change it YET.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:59:07 pm by Debut (NW!) »

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 12:02:10 am »
Thanks Ducky,

Fixes:
1. Humiliation timer now counts down correctly <-- Not working yet
2. Taunt timer works correctly (was using a float instead of an integer)
3. Team Crits should work (not sure haven't tested it)
4. Engies can no longer noclip (at least this gives them a better chance for Sentry Mover...lie it just gives them a better chance for gravity)
5. Instant kills now kills people with Armor. I forgot to remove armor before instant killing them.

Maybe:
1. Class Immunity should work, I was using a & when I should have been using a == (i think)   ???

Huh?!
1. Toxic doesnt kill some people
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 02:08:39 am by Fox »

ducky

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 02:02:59 am »
Crits is now fixed so no issue there =D
Instant kills do not kill people when they have the armor roll, maybe you wanted this? :D
Haven't rolled a toxic in a while, maybe the person just had armor or class immunity

snypes

• RTD Noob
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 04:32:00 am »
The armor thing might be a good idea so people dont get over excited and loose it right away, so if they keep it, and someone does get insta kills, they wont die. I think u should keep it this way :D

ducky

• RTD Noob
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 09:40:15 pm »
Slow cube - If your heavy and spin your gun while leaving the slow cube you get speed until you stop spinning the mg :p

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
    • Cotonti CMS - Fast, Clean, Secure
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 10:54:54 pm »
Ahh A bugs thread, well here is another I found.

Get Mobile Tele for Engy, Roll Till you get Melee Mode, go back to a locker, You do not get your items, the toolbox/shotgun/pistol are dropped on the ground in a pile, that stays untill map change. And it happens every time it resupplies, dropping another one.

However If you detach your tele, you can re-arm yourself then just pick your tele back up.

There is another possibly related to sentry's staying behind on PL when round is over, but I think it only happens if you don't lose and get team swapped.
I found it by accident but this much I know, on Goldrush, I put 3 sentrys at red's spawn, upgraded them fully and won that section, when the area changed all 3 was still there.

I think if you get team swaped they leave/blow up, However a potential exploit I see though very specific, engy buy/get sentry builder, engy get noclip (since cant buy sentry builder after) Noclip out to the next round spawn area, place them, And wait(hope you win next round) Then it may keep enemy team from settingup/exiting till they get an uber.

The sentry thing I don't think is much of a problem/issue though.

debut

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 11:16:56 pm »

I think if you get team swaped they leave/blow up, However a potential exploit I see though very specific, engy buy/get sentry builder, engy get noclip (since cant buy sentry builder after) Noclip out to the next round spawn area, place them, And wait(hope you win next round) Then it may keep enemy team from settingup/exiting till they get an uber.

Engineer can NOT roll noclip...

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 12:36:11 am »
Ah ok, didn't know engy can't get noclip, makes sense.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 02:44:19 am »
Ok, fixed the speed when you exit the slow cube. Basically once you leave the Slow Cube the appropriate speeds will be set.

Get Mobile Tele for Engy, Roll Till you get Melee Mode, go back to a locker, You do not get your items, the toolbox/shotgun/pistol are dropped on the ground in a pile, that stays untill map change. And it happens every time it resupplies, dropping another one.

Wow...That is weird. Well I made a workaround. Basically if you have a tele attached to your back then you won't roll melee mode. The problem wil still happen if you roll Melee mode and then reattach the tele.

Herr Gesundheit

• Game Admins
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 03:12:22 am »
Im sure you've noticed, but sentry crits are out of control. If I knew anything about coding or whatever it is you do I'd try to help out =/

debut

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 06:51:34 pm »
Yep... There's almost no way to take out a sentry without ubers/an rtd advantage.

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 12:54:12 am »
I'll test it later but maybe it has to do with team crits? or something of that effect, like its not releasing on sentries.