Author Topic: Beta: Dice Perks (Please comment about this in this thread)  (Read 12539 times)

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Beta: Dice Perks (Please comment about this in this thread)
« on: September 29, 2010, 07:53:33 pm »
Expected Beta Release: Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dice Perks Shop:
-Remember Perks are purchased with Talent Points.

Title Rank 1 Cost Effect Rank 2 Cost Effect Rank 3 Cost Effect Rank 4 Cost Effect
Time taken off RTD Timer/point
+1 sec
+1 sec
Chance for Good Roll
+5%
+5%
Chance for Fire Damage
+2%
+2%
+2%
+2%
Chance for health drop on killed enemies
+10%
+10%
+10%
Chance RTD timer reset on death
+20%
+20%
+10%
More time for Good Rolls
+1 sec
+1 sec
+1 sec
More credits found in presents
+2
+2
+5
More armor found in presents
+50
+50
+50
Toxic Damage Reduction
+10%
+15%
+15%
+20%
Chance to Bypass Slowcube slowdown
+15%
+15%
+15%
+15%
Backpack items per point
Ghost scare lasts 2s (regular is 3s)
-1 sec
Take normal dmg near Amplifiers

First time you join this panel will be shown explaining Dice Perks:

Beta Testing panel shown when you join:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:22:00 pm by Fox »

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: Dice Perks Testing
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 06:31:34 pm »
Welcome message when you first join the Dice Perk system:

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 10:33:59 pm »
Beta disabled until tomorrow, Valve released some updates we'll see how the server goes :/

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Spycheckme!'s Feedback Thread
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:04:48 am »
Going to keep a log of when I play and how I feel about the new system, also experiment with the different perks:

Day 1:

I logged on Wednesday at around 1am and assumed the talents weren't in the game yet because of the patch.  After being frustrated at loosing the old perks (mainly the 50% reroll on death perk)  I searched around again to find that under the "buy" menu was "spend talent points."  Herp-a-dee-derp.

So I quickly specced my points into some perks, didn't really do any research, but I did accidently reset them a few times by pressing 1 on accident.  Maybe there could be a conformation later on for resetting the talents?  Also I didn't realize there was a second page at first, but that shouldn't be a major problem either when we implement this.

So the talents themselves:  I didn't really notice any major gameplay changes (but there really wasn't any way for me to confirm if the talents were actually implemented yet.)  I wasn't on very long so I'll do some more testing today.

The Canadian Viscount

• Game Admins
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:09:34 am »
for some new perks......

mini health regen-really low health regen, half of medic's self heal maby
Phasing- after losing 75% of your health in one hit you become invisible for 4 seconds, but do reduced damage (maby as level goes up reduce the amount of damage need to cause the phase (50%) or increase invis time. the other posiblitly is that as you take damge you ecome invisible, i remember an obtion where the player could become transparent and then completely invis.

indigestion- everytime you get hit for 25+ health you have a chance of crapping, only this crap lasts for 5 seconds

ieatfish

• Donators
  • <insert custom text here>
ieatfish's Feedback
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 11:09:41 am »
I logged on and saw the wonderfully beautiful splash screen informing me of the perk system.  It was very easy to understand and mentioned clearly that the dice perks were purchased in the shop.  I bought the ones I liked and I really liked how the menu didn't close when you bought something.  For example, buying Talent 1 of 3: 5% chance of blank would immediately switch to Talent 2 of 3: 10% chance ...

I didn't notice any real difference except for the missing perks like reduced damage and such.  I bought the ones I like such as setting people on fire, chance of a good roll, and resetting timer on death.  I didn't notice any gameplay differences with those perks enabled than I had had before.

Stay tuned for more testing...

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
Re: ieatfish's Feedback
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 11:31:15 am »
*cough* *cough* The reduced damage was taken out of the normal perks ages ago *cough* *cough*
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

Josh.0

• Game Admins
  • That's so breeder.
Josh.0 Beta Feedback
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:34:33 am »
I love the welcome screen.  It looks fantastic!

The menu was simple to use, and didn't take long to figure out at all.  Very user friendly.

I bought every single perk except for the slow cube perks.  I didn't notice any difference in game play from before the beta, since almost all the perks were on the server before.  I haven't been hit with toxic yet, so that will be interesting to see.

As I said before, I think this is a neat idea if everyone started with zero dice.  As it stands now, I have no need to really think about the allocation of points since I have so many dice I can pretty much buy them all.  Not sure how this is leveling the playing field when it comes to the RTD system.  Skill > RTD in nearly every instance, though, so I'm still getting killed over and over by people with thousands less dice but infinite more skill than me.

Starting with zero dice wouldn't help though, as some people who play most often are bound to get dice faster - thus get perks more quickly.

Overall, my first impressions of the menu, welcome screen and actual perks is favorable. 

I am still confused about the overall intentions of the system however.
This made my heart sad because that is probably the worst thing Ive heard ever.

ieatfish

• Donators
  • <insert custom text here>
Re: ieatfish's Feedback
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 11:59:14 am »
Yes, I know.  I was just stating that, to me, it was the only obvious omission from the old system.

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
Avenger's Feedback
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 12:30:57 pm »
As with others, I haven't noticed much difference. I believe this is because we have large amounts of dice, and can choose everything we want, which is usually everything we had before. However, I did notice that the perks I chose worked, and the ones I didn't choose didn't work. Good job.
The interface was nice and simple, I think it would be best to leave it that way.
Also, Fox, maybe think about putting the reset perks as a permanent option for the beta testers, to make us unique. I won't really mind if you don't though.
Well done.
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

CarlZalph

Re: Josh.0 Beta Feedback
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 12:55:15 pm »
It's to give more perks than dice, making people choose what skills they'd find the most useful.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: Beta: Dice Perks (Please comment about this in this thread)
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 08:43:58 pm »
Thanks for your input.

Here's what I changed:
-Resetting Dice Perks now gives you a confirmation screen

Remember the whole point of this system is so users can customize their RTD experience and make it unique to them instead of everyone following the same path.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 09:29:13 pm »
Added Backpack Perk

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 09:46:28 pm »
Yeah... I don't think it's working for me. I never saw the openign message, or anything about the beta. And I don't see any way to spend talent points... and currently I only have a 50% chance of a good roll, which I do not like.

PyroZombie

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 09:48:47 pm »
I liked the slight improvements on the stats, and the freedom of evolution.
The Official warcries of PyroZombie:
"Wait, What are we doing?", "We're going to fuckin' die!", "Fuck you, Fatstuffs!"-List to grow.