Author Topic: Beta: Dice Perks (Please comment about this in this thread)  (Read 14738 times)

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: Beta: Dice Perks (Please comment about this in this thread)
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 10:37:11 pm »
I had the toxic perk today and someone had toxic.  It spammed my chat box with what it was doing to reduce damage.  It helped keep me alive a bit longer, but I still died :(.  I think it was one of those "its doing something to help keep you alive" but you don't notice it type things.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 10:43:00 pm »
Oh whoops that was some debugging message I had in there. I also upped the values for the perk so it's more noticeable.

Bink

• RTD Noob
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 11:04:35 pm »
Well, when trying out the perks yesterday, I had maxed out 50% on death to get a new roll, and surprisingly never got a new roll whenever I died. Yes, I realize it's 50%, but at the rate that I die, I expected it to give me a free roll. Other than that, it seemed like the rest of the perks seemed to work out that I had (Time taken off RTD Timer/point, More time for Good Roll).

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 11:33:39 pm »
Yeah... I don't think it's working for me. I never saw the openign message, or anything about the beta. And I don't see any way to spend talent points... and currently I only have a 50% chance of a good roll, which I do not like.

Added you in.

Corrupted Data

• RTD Noob
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 11:42:42 pm »
Is there a way to show a list of all the things I have upgraded? when I type buy, the option to upgrade is no longer there, so I cant see what I had upgraded, and what needs upgrading. Also, i have lost all my dice and credits.

Kilandor

• Administrator
  • RTD Junkie Member
    • Cotonti CMS - Fast, Clean, Secure
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 12:01:07 am »
Here's what I changed:
-Resetting Dice Perks now gives you a confirmation screen

Resting perks should cost either 50~dice.(credits shouldn't be used imo) Otherwise people can change it on a whim to suit their current needs, Which makes the system pretty pointless.

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 12:02:05 am »
Yeah... I don't think it's working for me. I never saw the openign message, or anything about the beta. And I don't see any way to spend talent points... and currently I only have a 50% chance of a good roll, which I do not like.

Added you in.

Thanks! :D That also explains a lot. I shall give feedback once I try.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 12:32:21 am »
Perks has been disabled until I figure out why some clients stats are being reset.

ieatfish

• Donators
  • <insert custom text here>
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 02:18:04 am »
I like the perk you gave me Fox, you know, the one that makes mario not be able to use the dice perks.   ;D  Just kidding.   :D

I'll have to check out the backpack one next time I get on.

ktccd

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 02:54:25 am »
Liking the menu and the simplicity of it. Simplicity is key ^^.
So far I'm testing death-roll, backpack item x2 and some more reduced time ^^.
might reroll the backpack one, since it is so specific to one roll.... But that's my only complaint so far (a perk is special and expensive, would you really want just one roll to be better?)
Phlogiston.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 10:31:37 am »
I think some of the perks get a little bit expensive (1 point for 25% health pills to drop, 1 point for 5%, and 2 points for another 2%).  I think perks that affect you all the time should be a little bit more expensive, but not to expensive for minimal gain.

Specific roll perks could be a little cheaper, but only if its something like "take less damage from toxic" since you can't buy toxic, and its rolled randomly.  Rolls that you can spec into, and then buy should be a bit more expensive if its powerful since you can take advantage of it and buy it every match.

A few ideas:

-Your Spiders can now drop ice patches randomly
-Your rollermines now explode when they die
-You get 3 zombies now, and the 3rd is a fast zombie
-You get 2x sandwiches now instead of 1
-When near an amplifier, you don't take minicrits
-Minor health regen (1hp per second or two, per rank)

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 12:45:02 pm »
I think some of the perks get a little bit expensive (1 point for 25% health pills to drop, 1 point for 5%, and 2 points for another 2%).  I think perks that affect you all the time should be a little bit more expensive, but not to expensive for minimal gain.

Specific roll perks could be a little cheaper, but only if its something like "take less damage from toxic" since you can't buy toxic, and its rolled randomly.  Rolls that you can spec into, and then buy should be a bit more expensive if its powerful since you can take advantage of it and buy it every match.

A few ideas:

Agreed, and I like the ideas, except for the minor health regen. I think that should not be an ability to have all the time, even how minor.

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 06:04:53 pm »
Here's what I changed:
-Resetting Dice Perks now gives you a confirmation screen

Resting perks should cost either 50~dice.(credits shouldn't be used imo) Otherwise people can change it on a whim to suit their current needs, Which makes the system pretty pointless.
Atleast make it a reduced cost for all beta participents (as in when it comes to be fully implimented)

A few ideas:

Agreed, and I like the ideas, except for the minor health regen. I think that should not be an ability to have all the time, even how minor.
How about 1hp per second up to 25% of your max health?
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

FliP

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 09:14:36 pm »
The beta isn't working for me either fox, i tried yesterday and today with no luck :l

CarlZalph

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 12:48:20 am »
The time reduction/point doesn't seem worth it.  (+1sec/2pts?)

The HP Kit Percents need tweaked.  (25% for first, 5% more for other..  Useless to go past one)

Backpack stats are overpowered.  (+3 items/point?  Backpacks are already powerful as they are now.  This is too much.)