Author Topic: Beta: Dice Perks (Please comment about this in this thread)  (Read 12566 times)

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Re: Beta: Dice Perks (Please comment about this in this thread)
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 12:53:56 am »
The time reduction/point doesn't seem worth it.  (+1sec/2pts?)

The HP Kit Percents need tweaked.  (25% for first, 5% more for other..  Useless to go past one)

Backpack stats are overpowered.  (+3 items/point?  Backpacks are already powerful as they are now.  This is too much.)

Agree with Carl.  I kind of mentioned this, but didn't go into detail.

Requiacity

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2010, 02:13:43 am »
Sorry I haven't posted yet, as I have been backlogged with work this past week.

I'll try to get around to some real testing this weekend.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 11:17:24 am »
Heres a few more ideas:

-Flames / Jarate clouds / bear traps last longer
-Cages now do minor damage to players (poop damage)
-Store discount?  Able to buy more stuff within the 100 credit limit.
-You get more proximity mines / pumpkins / bombs / mini sentry
-Poop makes people bleed

Czech

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2010, 02:38:54 pm »
Fox, when you get a chance, can you post the method you used to display the perks image on a client's screen?  I asked Kilandor how to do this a while back and he told me it was impossible.  I have also failed to find any threads on alliedmodders and other pages brought up by google on the matter.

ktccd

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2010, 02:48:55 pm »
I think the second/point thing is still displaying a lot more than it actually says it is reduced by when I get a point.
Phlogiston.

Requiacity

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2010, 03:11:46 pm »
I would say that the 2 items/point perk for the backpack is a bit overpowered - it's very easy to survive by going on what would be a suicide mission, then relying on the backpack to save you. Very OP with a class like the scout.

I would recommend changing it to 3 items/2 points (so 1st point = 1 item, 2nd point = 2 items, 3rd point = 1 item, etc.)

-Poop makes people bleed

:o
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

John2k4

• Game Admins
  • RTD Junkie Member
  • Ready to Roll...
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2010, 08:47:57 pm »
I really like the splash screen for it... :)

Finding what appealed to me and buying it was very easy, and from what I could tell, the things I bought seemed to be working...

I'll try to get a bit more detail of my reset problem here:
I joined into a heated game of Dustbowl, and spent a minute to look through the perks and assign my points. The map ended, and apparently the server crashed on the next scheduled map, so it reverted to Dustbowl.

Shortly after it started, people used RTV to change the map to Turbine.

I played for a few minutes, then someone starting sending me messages on xfire, so I answered them, but got booted by the AFK manager. After rejoining the server, my credits and dice were both at zero, and my RTD-based options (position of text, voice pitch, dissolve), were reset.

Spycheckme was able to restore my credits and dice, and I believe that thanks to Fox, my dice are correct now. ;)

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2010, 11:11:55 pm »
I changed the code that does the saving of the stats (credits, dice, etc.) but this was after your stuff got reset John. I haven't seen any obvious resets so far.

Some people have been asking when the "Dice Perks" will come out of beta and the answer is when all the bugs and features have been ironed out. I'd say at least one more full week before it is released. Thanks to the Beta Testers that have pointed out bugs  :)

I've also added more perks.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:22:59 pm by Fox »

Green Thumbtack

• HOLY SHIT GUYS
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2010, 01:28:09 am »
I played with it for about a day, but now its just not working for me at all.

But while I was playing, I noticed that even at the max perk levels it was less profitable than the standard system we're using now
(I.e. I could get up to 30 ish credits from presents and I've gotten upwards of 280 armor, A bit overpowered, but benefits me pretty well)

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2010, 07:56:57 am »
I went on today, but I couldn't access the perk menu! I'm not sure if the peks are working for me, as I don't know if killing yourself can trigger the 50% chance of roll on death, although the time reduction worked.
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

mariomario42

• Game Admins
  • RTD Addict Member
  • Then the fright began!
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 04:34:31 pm »
I just thought of an idea. For stuff like sandman, jarate, sandvich, what if they regenerate twice (probably 1.5x if that's too fast) as fast as a perk? I would love to have that.

Juns

• RTD Noob
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2010, 04:54:04 pm »
This seems a great idea! Sadly my dice and credits somehow reset again, so I'm still anxious to try these new perks.
 But till that get's fixed I'm gonna lurk the forum.  ;D

CarlZalph

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2010, 06:07:40 pm »
I just thought of an idea. For stuff like sandman, jarate, sandvich, what if they regenerate twice (probably 1.5x if that's too fast) as fast as a perk? I would love to have that.
Sandman base regenerate is 15 seconds, so cutting that by like five or less seconds shouldn't be too bad.

Requiacity

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2010, 07:31:56 pm »
What if for a perk, you got the ability to buy some unbuyable rolls (toxic, noclip, maybe others we might add), or you could get the ability to roll certain rolls that wouldn't be attainable otherwise.

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2010, 09:01:19 pm »
What if for a perk, you got the ability to buy some unbuyable rolls (toxic, noclip, maybe others we might add), or you could get the ability to roll certain rolls that wouldn't be attainable otherwise.

Make them cost like 100credits, and only buy able once a game.  That would be fair.