Author Topic: Beta: Backpack Blizzard  (Read 1844 times)

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
Beta: Backpack Blizzard
« on: November 23, 2010, 04:44:30 pm »
Will soon be released to Beta Testers.
http://wiki.rtdgaming.com/wiki/Blizzard
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:18:23 pm by Fox »

Avenger

• RTD Addict Member
  • The One and Only
    • Epic Box
Re: Beta: Backpack Blizzard
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 05:46:26 pm »
So does this mean only beta testers can roll this? If so, AWESOME!
Oh, I'm just too good for my own bad self. Hello Earth. Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am.

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 06:38:25 pm »
yup, will be released to the public once it's stable and it is balanced.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:07:23 am by Fox »

Spycheckme!

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 09:35:26 pm »
Used it tonight / had it used against me.  People were bitching but I found it fair for the most part.  Does it freeze people through the walls?  There were a few times I was getting frozen through a wall by whoever had it.

What I like:

Helps a solo engy spy check by freezing a spy that is messing with his stuff. 
Offensive engineer with a mini sentry can help support his team by freezing enemies.
Wrangler engineers can freeze people across the map.
Cool down prevents it from being super overpowered.  Freeze one player every 30 seconds or so.

What I don't like:

Being frozen does suck, its pretty much an instant death if you can't kill off whoever froze you in time.  People hate stuns, and hence this is where a lot of bitching came from.
Is there a way to be unfrozen faster?  Being frozen for just 1 second means you're probably going to die.
Being frozen through walls.

Suggestions:

I like some of the backpacky type items like cow, and medi-ray-dar.  Especially some of the benefits of staying alive while having them equipped (like the uber boost.)  Does the blizzard thing have a "boost" when it says blizzard is ready?  Or is that just when the cooldown is over to freeze someone?

Is there another way to assign a button to a command like +activate or something like that to use special items secondary functions (like camo or picking up a spider)?  Would be useful to have to actually activate the freeze power on the backpack, and it has to recharge before you can use it again.

So far, I like this roll :D

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 10:40:32 pm »
*I bumped up the amount of time before a player can get frozen from 1 minute to 1min 30s.
*Reduced frozen time to 2 seconds
*Can freeze enemy flames by standing next to them for 8 seconds
*Decreased the slowdown from 100 to 150 so now slowed down enemies go just a little bit slower than a Heavy revving his mini-gun
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:08:36 am by Fox »

Fox

• Administrator
  • RTD Addict Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 03:59:33 pm »
*After getting frozen your velocity is saved then when you are unfrozen it is set back. Let's say you are in a mid jump and going up and get frozen, once you unfreeze you will maintain the trajectory that you were going.

*Sentries do little damage to frozen enemies
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:26:40 pm by Fox »